Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

KildareP wrote: »
    Does anyone know are they contacting previous subscribers with this offer or is it a case if you ring up they'll offer it to you?
    They rang me, think it's the same with most ppl

KildareP wrote: »
    Does anyone know are they contacting previous subscribers with this offer or is it a case if you ring up they'll offer it to you?
    They rang me, think it's the same with most ppl, mostly current VF customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

I just rang up and asked for it. Expecting the sim to arrive today

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Currently with TescoMobile and thinking of switching to this. From previous posts it sounds like it is also a bit of a pain with this plan trying to automatically pay every 28 days? I would love to set up something just once and have the money debited automatically and not have to do things manually. Is this possible?

My main problem with TescoMobile trying to synchronise scheduled tops ups with buying the recurring add ons text and data. Invariably every month or 2 I go over the data allowance and buy an add on that can cause problems with the recurring add on. It rarely works out that the scheduled top up automatically gets the texts and data add on. Dont want to be in the same boat with this.

JustMac wrote: »
    Currently with TescoMobile and thinking of switching to this. From previous posts it sounds like it is also a bit of a pain with this plan trying to automatically pay every 28 days? I would love to set up something just once and have the money debited automatically and not have to do things manually. Is this possible?

My main problem with TescoMobile trying to synchronise scheduled tops ups with buying the recurring add ons text and data. Invariably every month or 2 I go over the data allowance and buy an add on that can cause problems with the recurring add on. It rarely works out that the scheduled top up automatically gets the texts and data add on. Dont want to be in the same boat with this.
    Stay where u are do I guess, but calls and data via VF are far superior,I was with Tesco for over a year, calls ok,data ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Apparently I am on a 'do not market to' list so it took a couple of days for them to be able to call me back to verify my number.

Not knowing this I ended up calling in to 3 people and good news was all 3 knew the plan immediately. You just dial the number in this thread then ask for the Data User Plan and it's straightforward thereafter.

SIM coming tomorrow ;) thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

I've had the deal for a few days now and I must say the signal/data from vodafone is brilliant.
    Far superior then 48months. I barely got h never mind h+ with 48.
    Now with Vodafone I get 4g in most areas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I switched to Vodafone from Eir and so far I'm regretting it. The 4G with Eir in Douglas was much faster. Even the 4G+ was about 20% fast wirh Eir.
    Iv been to Skibbereen and Waterville and Vodafone was patchy where as Eir was good. The one area of the country Iv been to where Eir was crap was the extreme south east around Our Lady''s Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

bromley52 wrote: »
    I switched to Vodafone from Eir and so far I'm regretting it. The 4G with Eir in Douglas was much faster. Even the 4G+ was about 20% fast wirh Eir.
    Iv been to Skibbereen and Waterville and Vodafone was patchy where as Eir was good. The one area of the country Iv been to where Eir was crap was the extreme south east around Our Lady''s Island.

Opposite for me, my VF 3g is faster than the so called 4g I had with eir and the customer service is far superior with VF

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭WEST

I was ported to Vodafone yesterday, do I need to top up by €20 to have the plan show up on the app? Do I need to add a ' Top up Offer'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

WEST wrote: »
    I was ported to Vodafone yesterday, do I need to top up by €20 to have the plan show up on the app? Do I need to add a ' Top up Offer'?

Do nothing yet. They will apply the offer in a day or two. In the meantime call Vodafone and they will give you a small allowance to keep you going.

septicsac wrote: »
    bromley52 wrote: »

Opposite for me, my VF 3g is faster than the so called 4g I had with eir and the customer service is far superior with VF
    Same here, VF customer care for me great compared to the shambolic eir (so called customer care) and calls/data fab,I've 4G always,even last night in belgooly,a noted black spot for data etc,I had H,H+, with TM no signal,ID no signal (data) so as long as this offer lasts I'm staying with VF,their care team actually listens,even gave me a call back,never ever known with eir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

My 4G data is not working. I contacted Customer care through chat who supposedly made changes and asked me to reboot. Still only seeing a "H" at top of screen. Is there anything I can manually change/check on my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

leex wrote: »
    My 4G data is not working. I contacted Customer care through chat who supposedly made changes and asked me to reboot. Still only seeing a "H" at top of screen. Is there anything I can manually change/check on my phone?

Same happened me. First support guy said he "refreshed my settings" and to reboot, but nothing happened.

Rang back and got a different guy and he said my account wasn't provisioned for 4G. He made the change and 4G popped up straight away without need to reboot.

What phone are you using - could possibly be disabled on the handset too.

Same happened me. First support guy said he "refreshed my settings" and to reboot, but nothing happened.

Rang back and got a different guy and he said my account wasn't provisioned for 4G. He made the change and 4G popped up straight away without need to reboot.

What phone are you using - could possibly be disabled on the handset too.

Got sorted with 2nd support person. Seeing 4G now. :)

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Do nothing yet. They will apply the offer in a day or two. In the meantime call Vodafone and they will give you a small allowance to keep you going.

Same number as sales but choose option 1?

(I tried online chat but they werent aware of the offer)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Same number as sales but choose option 1?

(I tried online chat but they werent aware of the offer)

Call 1747 customer services.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Call 1747 customer services.

That did the trick. When I mentioned the "Data User Plan", they said this was likely a "Sales offer" and would take 24-48 hours to appear in offer list.

I asked what I could do while I was waiting for this to appear and they added 1GB, 100mins and 100 texts to my account.

I had already received 20gb of data free through the Freebie section of the Vodafone app so this will keep me going for the moment.

Thanks to all for your help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

I've just moved to Vodafone payg. Would I have to leave again and try to come back to get this?
    Is it a lot of effort? It sounds like a better deal that what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

That did the trick. When I mentioned the "Data User Plan", they said this was likely a "Sales offer" and would take 24-48 hours to appear in offer list.

I asked what I could do while I was waiting for this to appear and they added 1GB, 100mins and 100 texts to my account.

I had already received 20gb of data free through the Freebie section of the Vodafone app so this will keep me going for the moment.

Thanks to all for your help here.

Does the 20gb of data you got have an expiry date on it or does it only run out when its used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

honda boi wrote: »
    Does the 20gb of data you got have an expiry date on it or does it only run out when its used?

1 month

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

i was sent a blank sim because i wanted to keep my old number i had with 48months, phone says sim not provisioned mm#2

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Surfn wrote: »
    i was sent a blank sim because i wanted to keep my old number i had with 48months, phone says sim not provisioned mm#2

As many have noted above, porting your number to the blank SIM can take a few days. For some it has taken 24 hours, but in my case took 10 days, so just keep the vodafone SIM on you until coverage goes on your old 48 SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

As many have noted above, porting your number to the blank SIM can take a few days. For some it has taken 24 hours, but in my case took 10 days, so just keep the vodafone SIM on you until coverage goes on your old 48 SIM.

cheers m8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

Was a Vodafone customer till last week and was paying 60€ for same plan, anyhow ported to Eir and now back to Vodafone.
    1. Called yesterday , sim was posted
    2. Today received sim and got a message around 5 pm that port is in process and lost data connectivity straightaway.
    3. I still have signal and can make calls but no data, rang Vodafone and they said port is in process.

Any one had similar issue where they were left without data for number of hours?
    Thanks

deep1 wrote: »
    Was a Vodafone customer till last week and was paying 60€ for same plan, anyhow ported to Eir and now back to Vodafone.
    2. Today received sim and got a message around 5 pm that port is in process and lost data connectivity straightaway.
    3. I still have signal and can make calls but no data, rang Vodafone and they said port is in process.

Any one had similar issue where they were left without data for number of hours?
    Thanks
    All normal

Thanks
    All normal
    Takes a bit of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

Takes a bit of time

Thanks, port is completed but first they couldnt find me in the system , sales must have added some diff name to my account.
    Once that was sorted now they can’t apply credit as system is down now 😔

Waiting for call back.

Takes a bit of time

Thanks, port is completed but first they couldnt find me in the system , sales must have added some diff name to my account.
    Once that was sorted now they can’t apply credit as system is down now 😔

Waiting for call back.
    Took them a few days to call me back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Stiro05

I switched a different number a few months back and got 20gb on the app straight away. This time im waiting for plan to become active and they given me some allowance, but no free 20gb. Do you think I will get it, or do I need to contact them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement