Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

Surfn wrote: »
    ok, as i said before i have gotten the €10 credit from installing the app, do you think by calling them they will give me some data and txts aswell

Yes 1747 and ask for it.
    Mention you were told by sales to get 200 mins, 200 txt and 2gb data till offer is activated.
    You can also use chat option in Vodafone app, they will apply too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Yeah have it thanks, so basically one can have 2 months free if not make many calls. That 20€ credit can be used next month to activate offer.

As mentioned, only top up activates the offer but you could buy 5GB add on for 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

deep1 wrote: »
    Yes 1747 and ask for it.
    Mention you were told by sales to get 200 mins, 200 txt and 2gb data till offer is activated.
    You can also use chat option in Vodafone app, they will apply too.

Not the chat agent / bot I got. His solution: turn off data until the offer appears.

Amazing how quick €10 goes without a plan. 36 hours with data on, 10 mins on the phone and a couple of texts and I'll have 0.73 left of 10.50.

Glad I held off topping up ... Without advice on here I may have topped up to see if that would trigger offer. It's weird having a 48/72 hr wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Ten Pin wrote: »
    As mentioned, only top up activates the offer but you could buy 5GB add on for 15 euro.

The first month should be free. After nearly exactly 72hrs they added €20 to my account to activate the plan. That's on top of the €10.50 I got with the SIM and for registering. While waiting for that I got 2gb data, 200min and 100 texts ( I asked for it). I also got an extra 20gb via the app but that's only for a month.
    A good start to my time with Vodafone.

I bought the 100 international mins add on this morning and now can not buy unlimited call add-on, it was showing to buy before. strange.

• Advertisement

I bought the 100 international mins add on this morning and now can not buy unlimited call add-on, it was showing to buy before. strange.

Vodafone only allow one of each type* of add-on at a time.

Edit
    *text, mins, data and international mins are (probably) the 4 types

*text, mins, data are the 3 types

I was hoping to use my 5€ leftover credit to buy international mins from next month, if Vodafone allows only 1 type of add-on then why I can buy 100 any network min add-on. that shouldn't be showing up too then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I have been able to do it several months in the past year that I buy an add on for more minutes and then another one for international minutes but I couldn't buy those particular add ons again if I had used those allowances up. I was purchasing through the MyVodafone app. Maybe it was a glitch but I would be interested to see if everyone gets the same issue or was I just lucky to get away with it for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

I was hoping to use my 5€ leftover credit to buy international mins from next month, if Vodafone allows only 1 type of add-on then why I can buy 100 any network min add-on. that shouldn't be showing up too then.
    I've 400 minutes spare, bought by mistake,any way if giving them away?

I've 400 minutes spare, bought by mistake,any way if giving them away?
    Of,I meant

• Advertisement

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I have been able to do it several months in the past year that I buy an add on for more minutes and then another one for international minutes but I couldn't buy those particular add ons again if I had used those allowances up. I was purchasing through the MyVodafone app. Maybe it was a glitch but I would be interested to see if everyone gets the same issue or was I just lucky to get away with it for so long

Yeah that's the way it should be IMO.

Their T&Cs are on this link
    https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html
    Scroll down to "Vodafone PAYG Add Ons"
    It's a little ambiguous but they probably distinguish "international mins" from "any network mins".
    3. Add Ons can be updated every 28 or 30 days, depending on validity, with no restriction.
    ...and then they list the restrictions...
    4. Customers cannot purchase more than one of each type of Add On at any one time.

5. Customers can purchase another of the same type of Add On when the existing Add On allocation is used. They are non-recurring.

6. The benefits of these Add Ons last up to 28 or 30 days depending on validity after which they will expire if unused.

7. A subsequent Add On can only be purchased within the 4 weeks if there is no minute, text or data allocation remaining in your current Add on.

Their T&Cs are on this link
    https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html
    Scroll down to "Vodafone PAYG Add Ons"
    It's a little ambiguous but they probably distinguish "international mins" from "any network mins".

...and then they list the restrictions...

Might be the reason, I had 200 any network mins added by support and bought 100 international min add-on.
    So system see it as 2 diff add-on and once 200 mins is used then would be able to buy any network add-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Process seems to have got simpler. I needed 3 or 4 calls to Sales to get the offer I wanted originally. Ported a second number today and first guy I got through to was familiar with the deal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Any indication if it's an offer to keep for life?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

PenguinMan wrote: »
    Any indication if it's an offer to keep for life?

You keep it as long as you don't change plan. And if they ever discontinue it you get to keep for another 4 years after I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

the only issue I could envisage is that they discontinue the addon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I signed up on Wednesday evening by calling sales and got through to a guy in Belfast. Signed up and received the sim by courier at 7AM yesterday morning. Got a text around 5pm to say the port was in progress and a few minutes later it was active on the network. Contacted support via chat to get 4G activated as well as 2GB of data till the offer was applied. The account had €10.50 after i signed up in the app. Got the 20GB of extra credit in the app and a few minutes ago a text to say I had topped up with and additional €20 and the offer is applied.

Thanks to the OP and other posters for providing details on how to signup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

john4321 wrote: »
    I signed up on Wednesday evening by calling sales and got through to a guy in Belfast. Signed up and received the sim by courier at 7AM yesterday morning. Got a text around 5pm to say the port was in progress and a few minutes later it was active on the network. Contacted support via chat to get 4G activated as well as 2GB of data till the offer was applied. The account had €10.50 after i signed up in the app. Got the 20GB of extra credit in the app and a few minutes ago a text to say I had topped up with and additional €20 and the offer is applied.

Thanks to the OP and other posters for providing details on how to signup.

my experience was the exact opposite . total disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

i got my sim yesterday, i was told when i ordered it  to call to get the porting started, but when i called back they told its automatic and to wait. The guy on the phone didn't even want my number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

supaburger wrote: »
    i got my sim yesterday, i was told when i ordered it  to call to get the porting started, but when i called back they told its automatic and to wait. The guy on the phone didn't even want my number.

As long as you got sent a data user plan sim it will be automatic within a couple of days.

You will get a text to say you have topped up when they activate the plan.

In the meantime ask for some data/minutes to tide you over. 1747 can sort that out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    supaburger wrote: »

As long as you got sent a data user plan sim it will be automatic within a couple of days.

You will get a text to say you have topped up when they activate the plan.

In the meantime ask for some data/minutes to tide you over. 1747 can sort that out for you.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Just back from Germany and have to say it was great. Calls were great and 4G data was excellent.

My calls came from my minutes as I haven't used all of the 100 minutes that I was given for free while I was waiting for the Plan to become active

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Just back from Germany and have to say it was great. Calls were great and 4G data was excellent.

My calls came from my minutes as I haven't used all of the 100 minutes that I was given for free while I was waiting for the Plan to become active

Just bought the huawei p8 lite from vf and ported over number. All done online last night. New phone and sim will arrive in a few days. Can I avail of this offer and will I be able to get first month free. Any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

freebee23 wrote: »
    Just bought the huawei p8 lite from vf and ported over number. All done online last night. New phone and sim will arrive in a few days. Can I avail of this offer and will I be able to get first month free. Any advice appreciated

No because it has to be done through the sales team. You should get the first month free though yes. If you’re lucky enough that your port fails then all you need to do is ring the sales line for them to port you in. If your port in goes through I’d say just pick up a Tesco sim or Eir sim and port out and call the sales line to port back to Vodafone. A lot of hoops to jump through but well worth it in the end because you’d have a really good plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭downtheroad

No because it has to be done through the sales team. You should get the first month free though yes. If you’re lucky enough that your port fails then all you need to do is ring the sales line for them to port you in. If your port in goes through I’d say just pick up a Tesco sim or Eir sim and port out and call the sales line to port back to Vodafone. A lot of hoops to jump through but well worth it in the end because you’d have a really good plan.
    I am with Vodafone but would like to transfer to this deal. Can I port to Tesco network then call Vodafone to port back? I presume I can keep the same number all along, I just buy a Tesco sim to change over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Anyone get a date when this offer ends?
    Wanna get this for missus as well but her membership with 48 doesn't end for another 2-3 weeks.

I am with Vodafone but would like to transfer to this deal. Can I port to Tesco network then call Vodafone to port back? I presume I can keep the same number all along, I just buy a Tesco sim to change over?
    Yes, might take a while though

honda boi wrote: »
    Anyone get a date when this offer ends?
    Wanna get this for missus as well but her membership with 48 doesn't end for another 2-3 weeks.
    Say it'll go on for a while,really popular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 SkryneRed

Received my sim and it's already active. Got the 20GB freebies and 200 min and text as well. However my plan still not activated and it's already more than 72 hours period.

Should I call sales team again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement