Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

If you lose your phone, do you need to get the sim from sales again or will any vf shop sort it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

Mr Moon wrote: »
    If you lose your phone, do you need to get the sim from sales again or will any vf shop sort it?

I would imagine any VF shop as the plan is linked to your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

bromley52 wrote: »
    I would imagine any VF shop as the plan is linked to your number.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I am totally confused with this thread.

Can anyone give me the low down is this offer still available and is so what is the simplest procedure to go and get it?

Can anyone give me the low down is this offer still available and is so what is the simplest procedure to go and get it?

Normally they ring u,but others here have ring sales (based in Belfast)go back a few pages,all there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Still available.

Only prerequisite is can't get this offer if you currently with Vodafone. If you are port to eir/3 for a day or so.(if you port to eir you need to top up the eir sim by at least €5 or they will refuse your port back to Vodafone)

With your number on a different network call 1800 595 595 and press option 2 and you will speak with the prepay mobile sales team. Then ask for the data user plan.

They will explain everything and send you a sim in the post. Once its delivered your number will be ported to Vodafone a few hours later.

Then give 1747 a call and say you are waiting on the data user plan to activate. They will give you some calls/texts/data to tide you over until the plan activates as it's another team that have to activate it.

You will get a text telling you that you have topped up by €20 when the plan activates for the first time.

Then you need to buy the €15 unlimited talk addon. Easiest way is via the my Vodafone app.

And if you want to use the remaining €5 to get Spotify premium you can do that via the app also or by going to offers.vodafone.com/ie while on mobile data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Thanks very much for going to all that trouble to take time to write the very clear guide.

Very much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    ..(if you port to eir you need to top up the eir sim by at least €5 or they will refuse your port back to Vodafone)

Thanks for pointing this out.. anyone know of issues porting to 3 then immediately back (via sales) to Vodafone in order to avail of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭deep1

Seems like process has changed, rang yesterday for other number to port.
    was told it will take 72 hours for sim to arrive and just top up as offer will be activated ( seems like no more ringing support to get mins and data).

also was told no free month, need to top-up. will see when it arrives.

deep1 wrote: »
    was told it will take 72 hours for sim to arrive and just top up as offer will be activated ( seems like no more ringing support to get mins and data).

No need to top up? So it's bill pay?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The first month free offer was only until April 30th AFAIK.

No need to top up? So it's bill pay?

Sorry if I was not clear, I meant free month offer is gone and you will need to top-up.
    They won’t be applying 20€ free top-up any more it seems.

Sorry if I was not clear, I meant free month offer is gone and you will need to top-up.
    They won’t be applying 20€ free top-up any more it seems.

Hopefully you'll get the free month,all of us here did

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

sim arrived at 8.30 this morning. Anyone a rough idea of how long it takes to port number over? My old sim still working as of noon

jmorrisey wrote: »
    sim arrived at 8.30 this morning. Anyone a rough idea of how long it takes to port number over? My old sim still working as of noon

Should be today. You'll get a text just before it ports to say it's about to happen.

Should be today. You'll get a text just before it ports to say it's about to happen.

Took me a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Current User of this plan and in 2 days I will have to topup....

My question is that I have €25 balance, can this used used or will I have to do a topup?

LFC Murphy wrote: »

My question is that I have €25 balance, can this used used or will I have to do a topup?

Top-up, it was mentioned earlier that Credit can not be used for Top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Top-up, it was mentioned earlier that Credit can not be used for Top-up.

Thanks. I did a search but didn't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

was on to vodafone on the 19th, got sim card on on the 24th but my number has still not ported.

their customer service is appalling - they tell me I can only port my number either online or instore, I tell them the plan I want is not available except over the phone, please hold I'll transfer your call.

rinse repeat ad nauseum

• Advertisement

donegal. wrote: »
    was on to vodafone on the 19th, got sim card on on the 24th but my number has still not ported.

their customer service is appalling - they tell me I can only port my number either online or instore, I tell them the plan I want is not available except over the phone, please hold I'll transfer your call.

rinse repeat ad nauseum

Did you call 1800 595 595 during business hours?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

LFC Murphy wrote: »

If you want to use up credit, you can buy a 5 GB add-on for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Am I correct in thinking that you don't have to top up once a month? You can top up by 20 to available of the bundle but if you have credit left over you can just use that for calls and texts and data etc and top up whenever suits you?

Am I correct in thinking that you don't have to top up once a month? You can top up by 20 to available of the bundle but if you have credit left over you can just use that for calls and texts and data etc and top up whenever suits you?

Yes. Then next time you top up by 20 or more the plan will kick back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

wrote:
    Yes but you'll be charged standard rates...
    15c per text
    1.99 for 100MB data per day
    35c per min calls (and I think there's a connection charge of 9c)

An add on would be the best way of using up credit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Did you call 1800 595 595 during business hours?

yes, lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Currently I'm a bill pay sim only customer. Would this offer be available to me if I give them a call?

Currently I'm a bill pay sim only customer. Would this offer be available to me if I give them a call?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

No

Ah crap

• Advertisement

Ah crap

I'd still ring them though, nothing to lose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement