Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I can't find the Spotify offer, anyone know where it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

If you only use 15€ of your 20€ top up in the month then presume you lose the other 5€? In other words might as well use it as it won't carry over?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I can't find the Spotify offer, anyone know where it is?

Under red awards or similar name in my vf app

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

septicsac wrote: »
    Under red awards or similar name in my vf app

Found it, I needed to sign up for the Red Rewards at the bottom of add ons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Thanks lads.
    Got on to online chat and got 4g sorted,brilliant.
    Got the sim yesterday and got the plan this afternoon and free month.
    Fair f**ks Vodafone ,brilliant deal and get to deal with.
    Any idea how long this offer is for? Only be able to do it for the missus next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Update on my situation - didn't go as smoothly as others on here!
    • Called VF on 30th March
    • SIM arrived 3rd April
    • Port didn't go through until 13th April
    • Deal was applied to my account 20 mins ago on 20th April

I nearly threw away the SIM card as the port took so long!

In any case, all sorted now and maybe just to be aware that it can take a VERY long time for the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you only use 15€ of your 20€ top up in the month then presume you lose the other 5€? In other words might as well use it as it won't carry over?

AFAIK you keep the top up to spend as you wish whenever you wish. Obviously you need to top up by 20 again to activate the plan for the following 28 days.

Having said that, it's difficult to be definite when the plan's Ts&Cs are not available online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

what can you use the extra €5 for except international call or spotify ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

All add-ons on this link
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html

They also have 100 any network minutes for 5 euro (28 days). Might suit light users instead of the unlimited calls add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

leex wrote: »
    I received my SIM on Tuesday but havent been ported across yet. Is this delay typical?
    No, should be up n running by now,,keep he phone on

• Advertisement

septicsac wrote: »
    Again same here, took about 2 days for plan to come in place after the port, but vf kept me in minutes texts and data until then. Then gave me free 20gb data and 20 Euro top up. Speeds much same as eir in my home but no dropped or missed calls and customer care much better to deal with, then again rotwelleirs are easier to deal with than eir.
    Going to move young lad and other half over to vf next week.
    Yeah I moved my teen via me(minor) but gav him the student deal, Spotify as well,he's delighted,20 GB

Yeah I moved my teen via me(minor) but gav him the student deal, Spotify as well,he's delighted,20 GB

How you get 20gb?
    I seen a banner on the app saying Vodafone freebie 20gb. That it?

honda boi wrote: »

How you get 20gb?
    I seen a banner on the app saying Vodafone freebie 20gb. That it?
    They'll send it

They'll send it

Thanks corks finest .
    Every time you answer one question, I have another one to answer :p.

honda boi wrote: »
    They'll send it

Thanks corks finest .
    Every time you answer one question, I have another one to answer :p.
    I'm the same with my queries,find boards.ie great,where were we without it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

what Vodafone products do most people have that are allowing them to get this plan? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

what Vodafone products do most people have that are allowing them to get this plan? thanks.

I wasn't asked if i had any, but i have broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

No previous Vodafone products necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Only requirement seems to be that you are not already on Vodafone pay as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Do you have to port your number? I wouldn't mind being 087 again. Some people look down on anything other than 087.

A girl on tinder gave me her 089 number and added "I'm not a Brazilian drug dealer, I swear". Once when I told someone my numebr was 083 they asked if I was 13.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

GarIT wrote: »
    Do you have to port your number? I wouldn't mind being 087 again. Some people look down on anything other than 087.

A girl on tinder gave me her 089 number and added "I'm not a Brazilian drug dealer, I swear". Once when I told someone my numebr was 083 they asked if I was 13.

Yep you do..
    Bit annoying as my OCD would like an 087 number but easiest path was to get a free eir sim to port...

Broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

GarIT wrote: »

A fascinating argue regarding prefix snobbery which is true. On a side note, can u get an 086 anymore seeing as three bought o2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

TheDriver wrote: »
    A fascinating argue regarding prefix snobbery which is true. On a side note, can u get an 086 anymore seeing as three bought o2?

They still give 086 prefixes for new business numbers alright, but for personal, I believe it's 083 only.

KildareP wrote: »
    TheDriver wrote: »

They still give 086 prefixes for new business numbers alright, but for personal, I believe it's 083 only.
    I'm fcuked so,I've an 085

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

087>086>085>083>089 wouldn't you love an 088. Did anyone manage to hold onto an 088?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I've a very good repetitive 087 number that I was asked would I sell for 600e before. At the time the lad that offered me the 600e used bug me the bejaysis out of me so I stupidly said nah and left it sitting in the drawer. I should have taken the hand and all off him for it. 0871xx1xxx -x being the same digit. Must throw it on Done Deal and see can I get a few bob for it. You are right though, I'm def one of those prefix snobs. I wouldn't even consider using an 089 number unless it was for throwaway stuff but I suppose it's because of perceived brand loyalty and pre the availability of porting from provider to provider back in the day- yes, silly I know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I've a very good repetitive 087 number that I was asked would I sell for 600e before. At the time the lad that offered me the 600e used bug me the bejaysis out of me so I stupidly said nah and left it sitting in the drawer. I should have taken the hand and all off him for it. 0871xx1xxx -x being the same digit. Must throw it on Done Deal and see can I get a few bob for it. You are right though, I'm def one of those prefix snobs. I wouldn't even consider using an 089 number unless it was for throwaway stuff but I suppose it's because of perceived brand loyalty and pre the availability of porting from provider to provider back in the day- yes, silly I know

I know a guy that has a number that is almost 0869696969. He was offered low 5 figures for it (around €10k). I thought he was mad not to sell it.

I was just thinking my granny has 08777x77x7 with x being two random numbers, so I might ask her for that when she's gone if we're still using phone numbers and not just things like whatsapp instead by then.

I actually think it's the same way it is with cars, vodafone has almost always been the most expensive, worst value, with the best quality of actual service and best customer service, being on Vodafone is like driving a Land Rover (at least before this offer anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

Does anyone know are they contacting previous subscribers with this offer or is it a case if you ring up they'll offer it to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

KildareP wrote: »
    Does anyone know are they contacting previous subscribers with this offer or is it a case if you ring up they'll offer it to you?

Ring the number to get it. 1800 595 595 option 2 and ask for Data user plan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement