Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Loads of snow here in South cork but no new falls since lunch time and a small thaw set in shortly after. Any idea if it could be rian as opposed to snow that Emma could bring to cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Decent snow shower here in D14 for the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Predator on TV tonight! Some say predator is ‘the beast from the east’. Arnie is playing the part of the eagle from met eireann

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Dublin Airport now reporting Easterly Gales with a snowshower.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Where are these radars people speak of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Jojo37

The kids have been staring out the window all day waiting for the snow in North Cork. Getting really fed up now, even asking could they go to school tomorrow. 😂 Good things come to those who wait 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Strumms wrote: »
    D11 too...now HEAVY snow

Yes becoming like snow now,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

To those who have their drink out in the snow, don't forget about it or it may have partially froze :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

RTE reporter has just said that if the storm doesnt hit you as predicted that you've not to blame MET Eireann....its just how the weather goes.

You can of course blame MTC, the other boards forecasters and of course de gubberment :D

Yeah the backtracking has been creeping in all right. Caveats and back covering all the way now I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm stuck in doors for 2 full days with the wife and child...

... That's the real red alert they should be advising about.

(I'll be going into the office Saturday if I get half a chance).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

murpho999 wrote: »
    The snowfall warning ends tomorrow but doesn't not mean it just disappears.

Why do people expect everything to resume within minutes?

Because some people are as thick as curried $hite
    There are so many posters on this thread accosting German and Dutch tourists for their opinions about our snow warnings. Give it a rest lads. Let the tourists alone.

S03E01-MsOOnqQq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,903 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Again I’m about 1.5 Km’s south of airport and I think BLIZZARD only apt description

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Yeah the backtracking has been creeping in all right. Caveats and back covering all the way now I suspect.

No backtracking. The storm hasn’t arrived yet.

It’s snowing in Wales - they didn’t get streamers. That’s Emma.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Deedsie wrote: »
    Your Location is a lie :D

Here for work, if I'd my way it'd be limerick :P

Once Rathmines gets snow I'll be happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Nothing of note in Greystones yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

close to 6 inches of snow here now in Dunshaughlin, snow almost double the depth it was last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    To those who have their drink out in the snow, don't forget about it or it may have partially froze :o:o:o

Not cold enough to freeze alcoholic drinks. It would need to be a good few degrees colder

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sure what else would you be at!!

You still never answered any of my pms Tim :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

All the experts have gone very quiet in here - what are the models showing this evening? Taking a bit longer than I thought to arrive on Corks shores, even though I knew it wasn’t going to start bang on at 4pm lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Yeah, there's a very strong wind here in Dublin 5 with poor visibility but the snow is light. The strong wind is making it seem heavier than it actually is. Wouldn't call it a blizzard here just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Where are these radars people speak of

Try this one.

http://meteoradar.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Been bad all day in D13 but getting progressively windier

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Fair Play to the ESB crew who have, in horrendous conditions, reconnected the homes without power on the Old Head of Kinsale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

TlmpwT4.jpg
    WqGumIp.jpg
    ATUx7mR.jpg

Few photos from around Fairyhouse racecourse.

leahyl wrote: »
    All the experts have gone very quiet in here - what are the models showing this evening? Taking a bit longer than I thought to arrive on Corks shores, even though I knew it wasn’t going to start bang on at 4pm lol

They are in the expert thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

GoneHome wrote: »
    I'm in rural North Cork/South Limerick border, no snow here for the past few days bar a few small flurries for half an hour about 4.30 this evening, it is extremely cold though and in the past hour the sky has turned an errie grey

What part you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

In east Co. Carlow. Snowed all day since about 7.30am - just stopped 10 minutes ago.

Even with non-stop snow all day, we only have 10cm approx.

Some short gusts of wind in last half hour, blowing snow off the roof.

But it's gone very quiet now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Coming down nice and heavy in Dublin 9. Looking at the radar we've lost the Irish sea stuff thats been going on all day - stuff building in now from Wexford and stretching up through Wicklow into Dublin. Guessing we can call it the outermost reaches of Emma, though the core and heaviest stuff is still off the Cornwall coast. Wonder if these outer bands can pick up much oomph??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The wind has picked up in Clondalkin. Not much else is happening. . .yet?

• Advertisement

BBC showed a reload for Wales Friday night.

Advertisement