Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

You're in Limerick though.

I'm not..
    I'm From limerick,
    Living in Rathmines :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,615 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

No blizzard in Dublin 13 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Mr.S wrote: »
    What do you think the Luas runs on? And who drives them! ;)

Remember Mr S .. its all about ME and my convenience .. fck the luas driver, thats his / her job

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

nimrod86 wrote: »
    I haven't been complaining, but to answer your question, YES! :D
    Lol well ya i suppose but im waiting for the "will this snow ever feck off " thread if that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Why is the luas also cancelled tomorrow? Isn't the warning due to end at lunch time tomorrow?

I understand dublin bus being cancelled because it will take a while to clear every road

The snow is due to continue all through tomorrow in Dublin.

Even if it did stop by 12, do you expect them to have the tracks clear and safe to travel on immediately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Why is the luas also cancelled tomorrow? Isn't the warning due to end at lunch time tomorrow?

I understand dublin bus being cancelled because it will take a while to clear every road

I suppose the snow will avoid the Luas tracks then????

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sure what else would you be at!!

I was just about to upload this when I saw yours!

Watching.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

Think i will get off this thread for a few hours, the pure nonsense and crap and total lack of commonsense from some posters is starting to bug the bejesus out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Even if it did stop by 12, do you expect them to have the tracks clear and safe to travel on immediately?

No but I thought they could clear the tracks and have it open by around 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

Was speaking to some Dutch tourists and they could not believe the hysteria and panic over the snow. Packed shops buying vodka and month supply’s of bread.

• Advertisement

A drop here too from -0.3 down to -0.5c.
    Joan Blackburn has just said that snow should turn to rain only on the south coast tomorrow. I am less worried now than I was half an hour ago- this easterly has taken 30 years to get here!

Yes, when I was a youngster I used to be mesmerised by tales of 1947 from the old folk.
    Was it 95 or 96 we had bad snow as well i got stuck in my grannys house out in the middle of nowhere for a week grandad had to bring me home in his tractor lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The snowfall warning ends tomorrow but doesn't not mean it just disappears.

Why do people expect everything to resume within minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

kittyn wrote: »
    I suppose the snow will avoid the Luas tracks then????

:rolleyes:

No but its a lot easier to clear 2 tracks than a millions roads that the buses take

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

It is now raining in Wicklow Town. I hate to say I told you so but... I told you so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Light Sleety rain at the moment, d11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

RTE reporter has just said that if the storm doesnt hit you as predicted that you've not to blame MET Eireann....its just how the weather goes.

You can of course blame MTC, the other boards forecasters and of course de gubberment :D

Sth Coastal wexford.

Snow completely stopped now.

It is getting slightly windier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Was it 95 or 96 we had bad snow as well i got stuck in my grannys house out in the middle of nowhere for a week grandad had to bring me home in his tractor lol

The February 1996 snowfalls?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Today wasn't bad in Kilkenny at all. Bit of a thaw actually and just light showers.
    Yesterday was far worse here. Assume its on its way now...

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Swanner wrote: »
    Getting it here on the North Side too :D

Edit: And it's stopped.. Left a nice dusting as a base layer though..

The roads are so cold here. In la touche park there is a layer of ice on most of the estate half a centimeter thick. Had to walk in the middle of the road as the paths were far worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

harr wrote: »
    Snow here in kidare all day and hasn’t got above -1 yet while it’s still below freezing and still lashing snow yet there is a thaw on ? How is that possible icicles forming on cars and house now and good melt on ....anyone explain this ?
    I think it's mainly down to the fact that we never got a real penatrating frost also houses ect heat up melting the bace layer of snow causing the icicles

• Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Light Sleety rain at the moment, d11

D11 too...now HEAVY snow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Here's an interesting coincidence, (well I think so) The BIG ONE in 1982 started on a Thursday evening, snowed all day Friday and petered out on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It's been snowing on and off here in Wexford Town all day but nothing sticking. With the wind very strong it's been swirling around. But since around 5 it has gone from light flurries to low visibility and what looks like heavy rain, but when you put your arm outside you quickly realise that they are ice pellets and are freezing. Still not a huge amount of cover on the ground, but there are already drifts backing up against walls and fences...
    And this is just the appetiser

sryanbruen wrote: »
    The February 1996 snowfalls?
    Might be them i was only a chap lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

No but I thought they could clear the tracks and have it open by around 4

How are "they" (whoever "they" are) going to travel to clear the tracks? And how are the drivers going to travel to drive the trams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

ZeroSum76 wrote: »
    It is now raining in Wicklow Town. I hate to say I told you so but... I told you so!

We've a small amount of snow on the ground here in Wicklow town/Rathnew area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

There are so many posters on this thread accosting German and Dutch tourists for their opinions about our snow warnings. Give it a rest lads. Let the tourists alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 novemberbravo

Snow dying off for now in D18, just a bit windy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Think the very top edge of Emma possibly arriving here now on radar? Wind has picked up driving snow from ground and fencing. Snow is sticking to the pavement I had cleared. Icicles over a foot long hanging off a shed roof from a slight thaw this afternoon. Going to be an extremely wild night by the looks of it.

Batten down the hatches..

Advertisement