Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prelude to Cold Weather/Snow - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Surely there can't be anymore upgrades like come on! ;) (we've been saying this for the past week and the models keep giving us upgrades)

Still can’t believe it sryanbruen! Keep expecting a massive downgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Surely there can't be anymore upgrades like come on! ;) (we've been saying this for the past week and the models keep giving us upgrades)

A nationwide snow even would be an upgrade for everyone. At the moment the east/south east is taking the brunt of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭sjb25

surprised kermit isn't here!

He’s had to lie down

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Maybe not to this extreme though don't rule it out but I'm sure you'll be seeing them again in the next few years Spanish Eyes :).

You reckon?

I actually had to cut the original price tags off the oul boots today, and they were purchased 8 years ago or so now!

I'll keep them on your wise advice though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

To be honest I'm bricking it about how my air to water heatpump is going to cope in this? Actually will it cope??

• Advertisement

A nationwide snow even would be an upgrade for everyone. At the moment the east/south east is taking the brunt of it.

Ah munsterlegend surely Cork will see snow! Don’t say that the east and south east are gonna get the brunt :-( (I know it’s prob true but still...lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    I'll be somewhat surprised if we don't with what the runs are showing!

Time off work ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

leahyl wrote: »
    Ah munsterlegend surely Cork will see snow! Don’t say that the east and south east are gonna get the brunt :-( (I know it’s prob true but still...lol)

Ye most certainly will see snow, especially going by the latest runs with the low over the bay of biscay next Friday. Most of the south coast would be buried if that came off. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Bejubby wrote: »
    1.5metres.
    4 meters in drift areas��

That could lead to some issues with flooding in the aftermath, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I am a wise one, and phoned my house insurance company today to see what would be covered in the event of a pipe freeze/flood etc.

They hadn't a clue and I can't find the docs either. They will get back to me on Monday.

The man on the phone was laughing out loud at my preps. What snow says he? Now in fairness he was in an office near to my area, not tropical India just to mention!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

To be honest I'm bricking it about how my air to water heatpump is going to cope in this? Actually will it cope??

They have a defrost function built in. But you'll hear it for sure :pac:

I am hoping for the a low to push up from the south and bury us with snow. It's possible next Thursday. Up to then its radar watching and hoping showers spread west.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Usually they have a backup immersion heater within them if demand is significant. It'll get the rads to ~ 65°C which should be plenty hot. My friends in Germany have heat pump and -15°c was no problem.

But - and this is important - if it's not optimally configured, you'll find out when the weather is coldest. Have your installers number handy in case you hit trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think it's a lock for some snow. I wouldn't say it's a lock for significant snow accumulations just yet. I would give it till Sunday night for that, but may i'm just too negative.
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    I don't think you need to be a meteorologist to know that weather in this country can be *wildly* different to what was predicted 3/4 days prior.
    Daniel2590 wrote: »
    I think we can be somewhat confident of snow in places at this stage, the question is more of how much now.

Thank you gents (or ladies as appropriate). I’ll keep reading the knowledgeable analysis on here. I’m living and working in south side of Dublin so probably for the best if I plan for at least some snow by the looks of things.

I am hoping for the a low to push up from the south and bury us with snow. It's possible next Thursday. Up to then its radar watching and hoping showers spread west.

Oh... :-( I thought we were guaranteed it at this stage....calm down leahyl, calm down...all will be ok :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

You reckon?

I actually had to cut the original price tags off the oul boots today, and they were purchased 8 years ago or so now!

I'll keep them on your wise advice though. ;)

Yep, courtesy of our friend, grand solar minimum. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

The total liquid equivalent falls projected for the next week are only around 10 mm so that's not much water when melted.

Apologies , I fogot this is dry snow, unlike the Atlantic slop.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭mobil 222

Friday nite take away left overs on Harcourt street.

Caw,caw.

What will they be like at two in the morning,:D:D:D:D

Oh... :-( I thought we were guaranteed it at this stage....calm down leahyl, calm down...all will be ok :-D

Guaranteed snow in Cork?! You've lost the run of yourself completely! (It's looking promising though)

Guaranteed snow in Cork?! You've lost the run of yourself completely! (It's looking promising though)

Ah jeez :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Just found my snow grips I ordered in 2010 as stocks ran out so they arrived too late 🙄🙄 so will hopefully take those little snow virgins out . Getting a little bit tired now of people sneering and laughing off this weather and me as if I've lost it, my kids , pals etc, only the dog listening to me , glad I'm in good company here though,oh they'll all want to know when I'm sipping my G&T and they cant get to shops . Amazing that they all think we will only get the usual dusting, right here on the east coast north wicklow , just below Calibos

pilly wrote: »
    Sure she's not dead?

The cat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

You may have said you won't give an update till 24/48 hours before Joanna but your face and the background graphic said it all

442652.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

catrat12 wrote: »
    I just want a red warning to be off school

I’m a teacher in the east. Already resigned to needing to make up days at Easter. We’re up, then down and incredibly steep hill. It would be lethal if even the milder charts come off

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Im giddy with excitement.. may I mention im a 42 yr old woman .. 😂😂 Waterford .. all those times lampost watching, disappointments.. etc

Im stocked up and ready..bring it on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Cards should be handed out for mentioning the word "thaw"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I’m a teacher in the east. Already resigned to needing to make up days at Easter. We’re up, then down and incredibly steep hill. It would be lethal if even the milder charts come off

Only if the Board of Management make the call to close will you have to make up the days. If it's a Status Red Weather Alert you won't. You will just have to say your school is capable of making up the work in the days remaining. So basically don't allow your Board of Management to call a closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Only if the Board of Management make the call to close will you have to make up the days. If it's a Status Red Weather Alert you won't. You will just have to say your school is capable of making up the work in the days remaining. So basically don't allow your Board of Management to call a closure.

If it’s several days we’re honestly not going to be able to make it up. We’ve already had two days for Ophelia and a third due to no electricity in the building. The number of classes missed with the 6th years in particular once you add the normal class events to that mix means we’re all running tight on time. I expect at the very least we may end up bringing in 6th years

A nervous Joanna accidentally saying the showers coming onto the west coast

We do want a bit of the action ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lumen wrote: »
    I've been chanting winter is coming, winter is coming around the house since this thread began.

My muggle wife came home this evening and said "did you see the weather forecast? apparently it's going to be cold next week".

It's like I actually don't exist.

I know the feeling.
    Said it in work all week and was laughed at.
    Suddenly someone in the office sees a headline today and tells me it will be cold next week and it's like she invented the wheel.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement