Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prelude to Cold Weather/Snow - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The 96 hours out ECM, I'm on the train 100% now, all aboard, next stop after is Snowville :D

ECM0-96.GIF?23-0

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

Lumen wrote: »
    I've been chanting winter is coming, winter is coming around the house since this thread began.

My muggle wife came home this evening and said "did you see the weather forecast? apparently it's going to be cold next week".

It's like I actually don't exist.

I've been harping on about it for days, and the hubby rocks in today and warns me that the neighbour says we have snow on the way. Nearly punched him (the hubby, not the neighbour)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

I’ve been so engrossed in these posts that I already feel cold and keep looking out the window as if it’s already happening........so excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

I've been chanting winter is coming, winter is coming around the house since this thread began.

My muggle wife came home this evening and said "did you see the weather forecast? apparently it's going to be cold next week".

PMSL :D poor oul Luman. I wrote a detailed message to send to all my immediate family earlier today emphasising the ones heading back and forth from Donegal to Belfast and Dublin to take serious heed but I deleted it and cancelled the idea altogether. It’s just that I’ve been the boy (girl) who cried wolf on a few occasions now and I just haven’t got the balls yet (literally but like ..turn of phrase)

Tomorrow I’m going to tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Someone was asking about good radar apps, well it's not an app, but the Netweather radar is really good (as far as radars go) and works great on mobile:

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Kermits update is going to be super this evening, lots of snow potential this week.

ECM1-120.GIF?23-0

ECM1-144.GIF?23-0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,249 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Kermits update is going to be super this evening, lots of snow potential this week.

You’ve been a great poster Blizzard7 - I look forward to your posts also!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

This thread is beginning to feel like the Ghostbusters meeting the mayor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Yip .. I had this with a few clients and people around my locality. And in the pub last night.

Not much awareness.

I think this is because of our new fake news, project fear climate now around everything.

Met Eireann afraid to say too much, especially having got ripped after the RED warnings around Ophelia. So they are damed if they do, damed if they dont.

Cynicism reigns ... Experts, hmphhh .. who needs them, all liers .. type stuff.

Sad world. It sort of fcks up proactivity. Not that we in Ireland were ever any good at that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Kermit has the update typed up id say!!
    Hes just struggling to add an appropriate title!
    Not every year he has to title an event this extreme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

ECM1-120.GIF?23-0

ECM1-144.GIF?23-0

on the z500 at 144 that looks like very cold air in the cork/waterford/kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

IMG_1761.PNG.9a51aaec12a45ff13db88bc77b6052f2.PNG

Suddenly things look interesting for cork/south coast.. what would this equate too if the more knowledgeable chart readers could answer :) Thanks! (image from netweather poster)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

12z ECM rolling out now and yet another run to add to all the others maintaining an ENE wind direction which puts Wicklow, my town of Bray and central and southern Dublin in the bullseye for Snow Streamers with the longest sea fetch that is possible geographically for us. Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

This

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

I am getting giddy now ..........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I'm expecting a red warning for the South and East from Tuesday to rest of week. I would expect schools to shut and remain closed but it's very possible work places may also have to shut.
    Stunning stunning charts!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

This is an annoying newbie question so I’m sorry in advance, but how far out does it become a “lock”? 24/48 hours? I appreciate it’s been tracking pretty consistently for a fair few days now I just can’t help expecting some kind of a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Pentecost wrote: »
    This is an annoying newbie question so I’m sorry in advance, but how far out does it become a “lock”? 24/48 hours? I appreciate it’s been tracking pretty consistently for a fair few days now I just can’t help expecting some kind of a let down.

I think we can be somewhat confident of snow in places at this stage, the question is more of how much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Suddenly things look interesting for cork/south coast.. what would this equate too if the more knowledgeable chart readers could answer :) Thanks! (image from netweather poster)
    The shield is Down ? It's probably better that cork doesn't get snow that often. The city is built in a valley which in icy weather is a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

I hate to have to break it to you like this, but you don't! This is a simulation, sorry dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Well, for what its worth.

This afternoon in Carrigaline it was biting cold .. the breeze was the culprit. Apparently this has picked up now in Cork City too ... I am told!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I don't think you need to be a meteorologist to know that weather in this country can be *wildly* different to what was predicted 3/4 days prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Haha ECM 12z is Just one big blizzard, actually scary just how much snow could fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I think it's a lock for some snow. I wouldn't say it's a lock for significant snow accumulations just yet. I would give it till Sunday night for that, but may i'm just too negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

aidanodr wrote: »
    Well, for what its worth.

This afternoon in Carrigaline it was biting cold .. the breeze was the culprit. Apparently this has picked up now in Cork City too ... I am told!
    Correct and right.it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Haha ECM 12z is Just one big blizzard

Yep, consistently keeps the low to the south with low heights right over top of us trapped in extremely cold air.

Dreamland! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I'm expecting a red warning for the South and East from Tuesday to rest of week. I would expect schools to shut and remain closed but it's very possible work places may also have to shut.
    Stunning stunning charts!!!!

The east definitely. Are you including Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I wonder when will me update the warning level?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭snow_bunny

Hello. My name is Snow_Bunny. I'm a snow addict.

I've been fond of the white stuff for as long as I can remember but it was back in 2010 when I really went off the rails and my chart watching started to become problematic. I've found the past week fairly tough, tempting talk of 'Snowmageddon' and the 'Beast from the East' has me worn out from the excitement, lack of sleep and I think I have Carpal Tunnel from pressing F5...

Worst of all it's the longing...the longing for Snowmen, mugs of hot chocolate warming up my frostbitten hands and hot whiskey by the fire while the back garden resembles a scene from 'The Day After Tomorrow'.

Don't get me started on all the snow pushers around here. They're a bad influence.

I think what I really need is a good 'once in 60yrs' event, heavy snow blowing all over the shop, icicles, young suited up men taking funny slaps off the frozen footpaths, Teresa Mannion pleading with us from the depths of a blizzard "not to take unnecessary risks", 'kids' up and down the country having snowdays from school (and work!).

So, Mother Nature, if you could find it in your heart to give this fiend one more fix, make it absolutely bucket down snow and stick for at least a few days...I promise to go back to normality and regain my sanity.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

A thing of beauty :pac:

ECU0-120.GIF?23-0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement