Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prelude to Cold Weather/Snow - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Joanna just had her serious OPHELIA FACE on the forecast there.

No easy,breezy,lasse fairness, acting the maggot,cheesey grins.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lawred2 wrote: »
    nice one - not too far from me :)

Stock up on coal, it'll last longer than logs.

It's a wood burning stove that we've got..

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

Guys, can you recommend the best radar app for iPhone and laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

My snow boots may finally be of use ������

People will probably be in their 70s or 80s before these historic conditions happen again ,so spare a thought for the people who won't get any snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,328 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah it looks like it will be the least snowiest place,shame,given the historic synoptics.
    Kind of losing interest now.

Cold is interesting but unless it manifests itself in some more visual way,it's kind of boring after a while.

I dont want the home house pipes bursting so it'll be very appreciated if the west/connemara is left unharmed. Can head east to get into the snowball fights!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

People will probably be in their 70s or 80s before these conditions happen again ,so spare a thought for the people who won't get any snow.

I can't imagine there will be too many. Perhaps up the north west but even Cork will see some!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

davidsr20 wrote:
    Guys is this a seagull tread?

There's a technical thread if you want to follow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Just a reminder to pop into elderly/infirm neighbors and relatives over the weekend if you can, check if they have what they would need for a few days. It's a bit of fun for most of us and we're well prepared but it is not very nice for them and they might not be prepared.

Then Enjoy!

Joanna just had her serious OPHELIA FACE on the forecast there.

No easy,breezy,lasse fairness, acting the maggot,cheesey grins.

So how big a fan are you?!

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    I dont want the home house pipes bursting so it'll be very appreciated if the west/connemara is left unharmed. Can head east to get into the snowball fights!

The cold will still be severe,perhaps even more so in the inland west,so your pipes may still freeze, irregardless of any snowfall or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,328 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

dacogawa wrote: »
    Just a reminder to pop into elderly/infirm neighbors and relatives over the weekend if you can, check if they have what they would need for a few days. It's a bit of fun for most of us and we're well prepared but it is not very nice for them and they might not be prepared.

Then Enjoy!

Trying to convince Gran to get more supplies in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Burts Bee wrote: »
    Will someone please tell me what north cork looks like for snow on current models? PPLLEAASSEEE

Cold and could get some snow but I think ye will be lucky and avoid the worst of it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I might leave it till paddys weekend. What will the weather be like then?

You will have to try the Psychics and Mediums forum for that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

BREAKING NEWS: Meteorologists today are totally baffled by a very sudden and dramatic cooling known as a SSC, in the stratosphere above the Pole.
    The ECM has just issued revised charts because of this totally unexpected event. Here's the chart for Wed 28th.

ECM1-0.GIF?00

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Will the weather be ok for this weekend?
    I need to paint my flat roof and need 2 days of dry weather!

Unless paint 'flashing' isnt an issue or a concern for paint on a flat roof....its already too cold to paint outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

BREAKING NEWS: Meteorologists today are totally baffled by a very sudden and dramatic cooling known as a SSC, in the stratosphere above the Pole.
    The ECM has just issued revised charts because of this totally unexpected event. Here's the chart for Wed 28th.

ECM1-0.GIF?00

Ha ha 2015 chart! Nice try! :-)

Samedi is Saturday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭sunbeam

pjohnson wrote: »

Indeed. I have vivid memories of having to ask neighbours to help thaw my water tank on the roof in 2010. Even though snow is nice to look at, it has become rather less fun since I developed arthritis and icy roads/pathways terrify me.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

I doubt Cork city will see much action..... do you think they'll keep the kids off school?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Samedi is Saturday!!!

Is that good or bad ?
    Good = snow
    Bad = no snow :))

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    GFS control run, likewise. Something tells me we are going to remember this week for a longtime.

Indeed. Some of us may not see such synoptics like this again in our lifetime.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

channaigh wrote: »

Is that good or bad ?
    Good = snow
    Bad = no snow :))

Its a chart from a few years ago , it means nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Genie mac, fix your quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Elmer!! You almost gave me a mini stroke!! My heart actually missed a couple of beats!!i need a drink!

ECM1-0.GIF?00

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

:eek:

if this comes off............

(10 day forecast from netweather)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

sryanbruen wrote: »

I think boards is acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SilverTom

How will this compare to the 2010 December event

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I think boards is acting up

Ongoing issue with some versions of the site, doesnt happen in classic mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SilverTom wrote: »
    How will this compare to the 2010 December event

Pros on here were saying on par->worse early in the week. By the sound of it that might still hold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement