Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "Thanks kid...lots of interesting news, some of it is good, for you especially, some of it bad....for all of us

How have you been? What happened to Deborah? There has been some talk about her, but little in light of...recent developments."

Lysander explains the horrible end Deborah met by walking into the sun.

'She just couldn't live with herself, Rob - I have never witnessed anything like it amongst kindred... the weight of her lost love all came crashing down.

She locked me inside her compartment shield from the sun, I had promised to stay, to comfort her. But she was too strong. Was...'

He looks up.

'What of the news?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Well kid, normally an action like yours would have seem even meaner angry bishop being sent in by the Sabbat, possibly even their Black Hand elite...but the most powerful Sabbat in the US have been recalled to Europe, so you're free...in fact powerful Sabbat everywhere are being recalled for a holy mission. This is top secret, but your an Archon now kid. Out in Kyrgyzstan, they've found the burial chamber of a Generation Three vampire. We've confirmed it as well. One of the actual clan founders, though we don't know which one yet.

They've recalled all their big wigs, to figure out how to open it and have enough power to kill the being inside."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander ponders this.

'Generation 3? What are the Camarilla's feelings on this?'

"It seems legit. We have techniques of gauging strength of slumbering vampires. The thing inside is one up from Generation Fours that we know of. Now whatever their generation number really is, is an old debate, but the thing is more powerful than anybody currently known.

Unfortunately it coincides with this."

He tosses a photo of a staked neonate in Santa Monica.

Fourier wrote:
    He tosses a photo of a staked neonate in Santa Monica.

Lysander looks down at the photo..

• Advertisement

The neonate is pierced through the chest, not with a wooden stake, but a metallic looking rod.

"This was fired with precision by a high powered weapon, military grade at least. Staked neonates like this have been found all over the place. We did a bit of digging and we can confirm the following. In the last ten years, some of the world's governments have become aware of us. France and the United States for sure. The CIA are building extensive files on us.

In light of this the Camarilla will be mandating a much stricter version of the Masquerade, to be sent out to all cities. We're going 'dark' again kid. Inter-city communication cannot use the net or technology. Face to face meetings or discipline's only, we'll probably get the order in the coming weeks. Every city is going to become its own nation state.

That makes the internal politics here all the more important."

Fourier wrote: »
    The neonate is pierced through the chest, not with a wooden stake, but a metallic looking rod.

"This was fired with precision by a high powered weapon, military grade at least. Staked neonates like this have been found all over the place. We did a bit of digging and we can confirm the following. In the last ten years, some of the world's governments have become aware of us. France and the United States for sure. The CIA are building extensive files on us.

In light of this the Camarilla will be mandating a much stricter version of the Masquerade, to be sent out to all cities. We're going 'dark' again kid. Inter-city communication cannot use the net or technology. Face to face meetings or discipline's only, we'll probably get the order in the coming weeks. Every city is going to become its own nation state.

That makes the internal politics here all the more important."

Lysander frowns.

'CIA? Local enforcement help with getting an inside scoop? My downtown police chief contact is ripe for ghouling if I can meet with him. Sympathetic to our kind.

Might let us move up the ladder and see what they really have if I can ghoul him, get access to his contacts.'

"They're clever enough not to involve the police yet, I think for that exact reason.

I'd sit tight, learn as much as you can from that Giovanni over the next three weeks and we'll see where we are then. I'll meet you again one week before she conducts the ritual."

He salutes and walks toward the door.

"Could be the Camarilla is going to get much harsher on the Anarchs....but at least we've solved that problem in this city."

He leaves.

Lysander surveys his new accomodation thoroughly, learning each room inside and out in case of emergencies. He made that mistake once with Rebecca's house.

He calls up Clarissa then.

'Clarissa, our new home awaits your presence.'

Clarissa arrives shortly afterward.

"This is it huh? Nice place Ly, you know for a non-native, you've really settled in. Hard to think you're a pretty new arrival to the city"

OOC: You make the last post Necro and we'll close the chapter

• Advertisement

Lysander smiles at Clarissa.

'Yes, it's been an interesting run the last few weeks... so much has happened.

Tell me Clarissa, once I have dealt with this next issue that will keep me busy for the next few weeks... would you like to come hunting with me? I'd love to see your powers in action. Martha will take care of you until I return... I will arrange for Lydia to... disappear.

You are right... she is too dangerous to keep around.'

He walks to the door and locks it for the night.

'Now, my dear, would you like to watch a movie? I have some free time until I must depart for my training.'

"A hunt, kinda excited for that actually.

As for the movie....you know Ly, I don't think we've ever had a normal night in together. Vampire to vampire. That'd be great. Let's see what they have..."

Across the city, in the National Park:
    Alfons had never been the best Tremere, learning the rituals was tiring, why couldn't the clan just have instinctual powers like the other vampires. The Ventrue can just do Dominate and develop through practice, no need to study for years.

The Primogen would be even more disappointed in him now, tripping as he tries to outrun the creature behind him. He'd made it to the city limits, but his car had been tossed from the road.

He had to protect the book, no matter what. He cuts open his stomach, conducts the ritual as fast as possible and uses all his Vitae to bring a nearby tree to life. A wooden ghoul. So he was able to do it after all, the study paid off.

"Here take this, take it deep into the park."

The tree takes the book, before lumbering into the forest out of sight.

A voice behind him makes his skin crawl.

"How things have changed since my days. Trees? Rituals? You are more mage than vampire boy. Where is the book?"

"You won't get it you Sabbat bitch!"

"Sabbat? Ha! I don't take sides in your war boy, I'm too old for that. But since you've hidden it, I may as well consume you."

"What...I....that's..."

"Aetoû gêras, korydoû neótēs"

He doesn't get much further before the hearts blood is telekentically ripped from him and consumed.

"So weak these days....but the memories are useful...Los Angeles...a Roman city still? No, the language has changed...Spanish...a busy place...the mortals seem arrogant.

Still I am not here to put them in line. I must find the new Inceptor."

The woman stands over the city, gazing at buildings higher than she has ever seen. Hungry for the hunt.

"Well at least he left one of these" she walks to his car and turns it over. Climbing in she turns the key, the engine still works.

Time to see who the movers and shakers are in this city. Upstarts all, but she'd play the naive neonate for now.

She laughs. "This driving is pretty relaxing"

End of Chapter 1

Advertisement