Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander regards Alice with a somber stare.

'Why did you stay in the room?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"What? What room? Is this a joke?" she laughs a bit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "What? What room? Is this a joke?" she laughs a bit.

Lysander stares directly into her eyes.

'Let's try this again.'

OOC: Command

'Why did you stay in the room? Tell me, now.'

Dominate pushes through easily enough, her mind is weak, but it seems she is genuinely unsure what he is talking about. Lysander can see within the prisms of her mind that some of her memories are blocked off.

"Who put you up to this you joker?" she says, giggling a bit.

• Advertisement

Dominate pushes through easily enough, her mind is weak, but it seems she is genuinely unsure what he is talking about. Lysander can see within the prisms of her mind that some of her memories are blocked off.

OOC: Can I use Forgetful Mind to reforge memories? Or is it just remove? If I can... then I'll be doing that.

OOC: Forgetful mind can be used to reforge them

Lysander pushes his power into her dominated mind, attempting to reforge the memories that are blocked off.

The memories click back into place.

"You mean the fire at the munitions factory don't you? The one that killed me."

She walks over and leans against her dressing table, her clothes turning burnt black and parts of her hand and face going skeletal.

"Who sent you?"

The memories click back into place.

"You mean the fire at the munitions factory don't you? The one that killed me."

She walks over and leans against her dressing table, her clothes turning burnt black and parts of her hand and face going skeletal.

"Who sent you?"

'The Giovannis. It was a test.'

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    'The Giovannis. It was a test.'
    "They some kind of Mafia family, why do they want to know about my death?" she looks genuinely confused. This at least is not a blocked memory, but actual lack of knowledge.

"They some kind of Mafia family, why do they want to know about my death?" she looks genuinely confused. This at least is not a blocked memory, but actual lack of knowledge.

Lysander shrugs.

'I know not, I'm afraid my dear Alice. All I know is I was required to get the answer for them. If you could oblige me, I shall leave you be.'

OOC: Still using powers and holding her gaze.

"It was either me or another girl, I chose her. The fire didn't give me much time. The whole place was in flames, I got her out....just shoved her out of the room....never got a chance to say anything to her."

"It was either me or another girl, I chose her. The fire didn't give me much time. The whole place was in flames, I got her out....just shoved her out of the room....never got a chance to say anything to her."

'And who was the other girl? A friend? Lover?'

'And who was the other girl? A friend? Lover?'
    "We didn't use the last word between women when I was in the land of the living...but those were the feelings I had, yes"

"We didn't use the last word between women when I was in the land of the living...but those were the feelings I had, yes"

'Times have changed. It is now acceptable for women to show their feelings, in the open, without fear of reprisals, or looks of disgust...

Amongst most. I think you would like the changed world.'

He shrugs.

'What was her name?'

"Deborah. We worked the factory line together, heh....she said she was going to live in Hollywood someday...I've always wondered what happened to her.

Probably got married and forgot about me I'm sure, that's for the best I suppose"

"Deborah. We worked the factory line together, heh....she said she was going to live in Hollywood someday...I've always wondered what happened to her.

Probably got married and forgot about me I'm sure, that's for the best I suppose"

It all clicks into place for Lysander.

'My dear... the test has been passed. Deborah is with me, in the land of the living. If you can call our kind...living, I suppose. Thank you. I must take my leave now. You should move on, my dear. Know that Deborah thinks of you always.'

Lysander turns and leaves, making for the portal.

"She lives....I...thank you stranger"

Lysander, on his way back to the gate, notices a giant opening in the ground in the Hollywood hills.

Lysander checks out the opening briefly.

• Advertisement

Up close he can see a semi-transparent image over the hole, that of solid ground, the dim image of this location in the land of the living, where there is no corresponding hole.

Within the hole itself a violent maelstrom surges with random objects and clothes from various eras being tossed around inside.

Lysander makes note of the landmark for future investigation in the land of the living, then makes directly for the portal.

A blinding white light and the tunnel of colour follow, he once more stands in the land of the living.

The room is silent, awaiting his report.

Lysander looks at Deborah.

'Alice did not leave the room, as she loved you. She pushed you out to save your life and sacrificed herself.

Woman of red hair, voice of an... angel (looks around nervously)'

Deborah holds her hands to her eyes to her eyes. Tears of blood fall from beneath the hand.

"He is right, it's true. He really has been to the land of the dead."

Adriano looks shocked.

"Then the Wan Kuei ancestor, their leader, we can reach her as well?"

Catalda pauses.

"She is in a much more difficult to access location within the land of the dead. Lysander only visited the land of ghosts, the part of the underworld closest to the world of the living. The reach the actual afterlives will require a journey through the sea of memory, through the great city of the dead and then across the sunless sun. It will require a month of preparation to construct the appropriate ritual. I need to learn which afterlife she hides in."

Adriano nods.

"Cock Robin?"

Cock Robin looks more serious than usual.

"I'm impressed at this Giovanni, yes this will do"

At that moment, Lysander's Vitae turns in his veins. He senses something from Deborah. A weakness, his Lasombra blood cries out for him to pursue it.

Fourier wrote:
    At that moment, Lysander's Vitae turns in his veins. He senses something from Deborah. A weakness, his Lasombra blood cries out for him to pursue it.

Lysander thanks the matriarch.

'I would spend this time with you, trading knowledge of our powers?'

He approaches Deborah.

'I am sure it is hard to hear. For that I apologise. She told me other things... for your ears only I suppose. Perhaps we could go somewhere quiet and discuss?'

Lysander thanks the matriarch.

'I would spend this time with you, trading knowledge of our powers?'
    "Of course, I suspect the combination of them, might be to our mutual benefit."
    He approaches Deborah.

'I am sure it is hard to hear. For that I apologise. She told me other things... for your ears only I suppose. Perhaps we could go somewhere quiet and discuss?'
    "Yes, yes indeed" she replies nodding.

"All of you, Lysander is going to drive me home. Just to let you know I have given him permission in this regard."

Adriano looks at her.

"She's telling the truth, no coercion."

Fourier wrote:
    "Of course, I suspect the combination of them, might be to our mutual benefit."

'I will return tomorrow night then. Best we start the preparations immediately.'
    Fourier wrote:
    "All of you, Lysander is going to drive me home. Just to let you know I have given him permission in this regard."

Lysander nods at the others.

'I would never attempt to impose my will for a simple request such as this. Shall we go then?'

He looks to Deborah.

"Yes, let's. To my house, there is something I need to get and you need to tell me."

The drive to Deborah's mansion and she immediately leaps from the car and races in the front door.

• Advertisement

Lysander follows, slowly.

Advertisement