Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "Antonio...stereotypical to some, but we like to keep things traditional. Come, join us inside."

He leads Lysander into the mansion. About twenty kindred in total are in the room, Giovanni, Toreador and Gangrel. The Giovanni Matriarch is speaking with Deborah and Adriano.

She smiles on seeing him enter.

"So this is the Lasombra, even I have rarely seen one. Tell me boy, what is your theory on where your shadows come from? A literal alternate realm as some of your Elders maintain?"

OOC: Lysander would know that the Abyss, from which Obtenebration draws, is a literal dimension of shadow and darkness. Lasombra elders often meet there to discuss things unnoticed. Revealing this to others is uncommon, but not forbidden. Especially the antitribu would be somewhat open to discussing it. Lasombra in the Sabbat can have an almost religious devotion to the Abyss.

After bowing, Lysander meets her gaze without forcing any power onto her. He smiles.

'Dreams. We dream of darkness, shadow, unlike other clans who do not dream at all. Then... we personify the dreams, turn them into worst nightmares....'

He shrugs.

'At least that's what the Elders tell us upon siring.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Deborah laps it up.

"Oh, how romantic and they say they are concerned only with power, but those are the words of one with a poet's soul."

The Giovanni matriarch becomes straight faced.

"Interesting. I am Catalda Giovanni. As you know the Giovanni have a faculty with death and ghosts. My particular family of the clan has a rather powerful gift in this regard. I wondered about your ability with other worlds, for I have been asked to give a demonstration of travel between worlds tonight.

Would you care to be our subject Archon?"

Cock Robin appears from behind a couple of young Giovanni, he is studying Lysander, eager to see his reaction.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Deborah laps it up.

"Oh, how romantic and they say they are concerned only with power, but those are the words of one with a poet's soul."

The Giovanni matriarch becomes straight faced.

"Interesting. I am Catalda Giovanni. As you know the Giovanni have a faculty with death and ghosts. My particular family of the clan has a rather powerful gift in this regard. I wondered about your ability with other worlds, for I have been asked to give a demonstration of travel between worlds tonight.

Would you care to be our subject Archon?"

Cock Robin appears from behind a couple of young Giovanni, he is studying Lysander, eager to see his reaction.

'I am always eager to learn of other clans abilities. Your own clan's specialty is one I take a particular interest in.'

He nods.

'Yes, I accept. Perhaps in return, I could garner some training when this affair is behind us? If it pleases you of course.'

The room stops, as all the Giovanni turn.

Cock Robin looks incredibly interested and nods at Lysander.

Deborah awaits the response with open mouth, Adriano smiles.

"Even my children are not so bold Lasombra....but yes, one who is ready to overcome any obstacles on the road to power is to be respected. I will teach you, in return for an inkling of your Obtenebration?"

The room stops, as all the Giovanni turn.

Cock Robin looks incredibly interested and nods at Lysander.

Deborah awaits the response with open mouth, Adriano smiles.

"Even my children are not so bold Lasombra....but yes, one who is ready to overcome any obstacles on the road to power is to be respected. I will teach you, in return for an inkling of your Obtenebration?"

Lysander nods.

'It would be an honour. I believe this is the beginning of a mutually beneficial... and of course, beautiful - relationship.'

He looks around at the silent room.

'My... apologies for being so forward. I am, of course a little too eager.'

• Advertisement

"Of course...well then let us begin."

Catalda takes out a piece of chalk and draws an archway on the wall.

She places her hand to her temple and concentrates.

A pulsing white light fills the drawing.

She turns to Deborah.

"Well then, what is the test? What will make you believe my powers work?"

Deborah, for once, looks serious and speaks seriously, dropping the fawning and over the top mannerisms.

"Find a woman called Alice Stenson, ask her 'Why did you stay in the room?'"

Catalda nods.

"Enter when you please Lysander"

Lysander looks around at the room.

'Well, then. Until I return.'

He smiles at Catalda.

'A pleasure to meet you.'

He enters the light, shielding his eyes a little. It does remind him of the sun, though.

Lysander feels a sudden tug as the light draws him in, then he sees colours rush past him like a kaleidoscope, he falls through the light to the other side.

Lysander emerges on the other side of the mansion wall, from which he can see the hill leading down to Los Angeles and the city itself. However everything looks drained of colour. However in some places there seem to be buildings of brighter colouring.

Lysander makes his way to the closest building which appears brighter.

• Advertisement

The journey takes about an hour and a half. It is clear that the majority of bright buildings are in Downtown. Upon entering the downtown area, it is clear that the buildings devoid of colour are the modern skyscrapers. While those devoid of colour are mainly Art Deco affairs from the 1940s, thought the odd Western Saloon and 1920s mansion is visible.

The denizens of the city look greyed out and faded. Only by concentrating is it possible to make out their features. People of full colour however are present here and there and uniformly they are staring at him nervously.

Lysander approaches the least nervous of those staring at him.

'Excuse me, I seem to be lost.'

A woman in a factory workers clothes, looks clearly the most confident and answers him without delay.

"You ain't living, but you ain't one of us Sheik, what are you?"

Soot appears on her clothes as she speaks.

A woman in a factory workers clothes, looks clearly the most confident and answers him without delay.

"You ain't living, but you ain't one of us Sheik, what are you?"

Soot appears on her clothes as she speaks.

'I'm looking for Alice Stenson. Can you help me?'

Necrominus wrote: »
    'I'm looking for Alice Stenson. Can you help me?'
    "Alice? Yeah, she's in the old club on 9th Street. Should be on tonight as well chump, you're lucky."

"Alice? Yeah, she's in the old club on 9th Street. Should be on tonight as well chump, you're lucky."

Lysander thanks the woman and leaves. He takes off looking for the club mentioned.

The club is quite lit up when Lysander arrives. Most of the clientele look as if they are from the 20s, 30s and 40s, though with the occasional attendant from the last decade or two. Individuals from the fifties and sixties are notably absent.

The front door is attended by a strong looking man in a lavender suit.

Lysander approaches the male.

'9th Street Club I presume? I would like to enter please. I trust I am on the VIP list as Larry Carson.'

He meets his gaze up, ready to push his power onto him.

OOC: Dominate

The man goes a bit blurry eyed, then nods.

"Of course Mr Carson, come on in."

Lysander enters the club. There are dancers on stage and drinks being served left, right and center. At the rate of consumption, obviously nobody gets truly drunk.

• Advertisement

Lysander orders a drink, sits down and waits.

One of the waitresses delivers the drink.

"So sugar, what entertainment are you here for tonight?"

One of the waitresses delivers the drink.

"So sugar, what entertainment are you here for tonight?"

Lysander smiles sweetly.

'Just to watch, thanks... say - what's your name sweetie? Heard good things about Alice... you know her?'

"Alice, yeah of course, she's a mainstay here. Been here almost as long as I have. She should be on in an hour or so."

"Alice, yeah of course, she's a mainstay here. Been here almost as long as I have. She should be on in an hour or so."

Lysander nods and stares into the woman's eyes.

OOC:Command.

'Tell me all you know about Alice Stenson.'

"She won't tell us how she died, sometime during World War II, she worked making shells for the boats. Although going from her appearance, I'd say it was a fire of some kind.

She's kind, but she's been here to long, never joined any of the Guilds (OOC: Lysander would have no idea what that means). She's become distant, I've tried to understand the newer cultures, but retreating into yourself like she has is not a good idea."

"She won't tell us how she died, sometime during World War II, she worked making shells for the boats. Although going from her appearance, I'd say it was a fire of some kind.

She's kind, but she's been here to long, never joined any of the Guilds (OOC: Lysander would have no idea what that means). She's become distant, I've tried to understand the newer cultures, but retreating into yourself like she has is not a good idea."

'Thank you, my dear. I think I will wait here for her.'

About an hour later a red haired singer comes on stage in a green dress and ornate jewelry. She begins to sing a soft love song.

The club goers almost all have a smile on their face, it seems everybody likes Alice.

Lysander waits for the song to finish, then approaches the woman.

'Alice Stenson? Amazing performance. I was wondering if I could have a quiet word with you.'

• Advertisement

She looks at Lysander.

"Honey, rare anybody calls me Alice Stenson, few know the name....come this way"

She takes Lysander to a back room of the club, her dressing room, shifting into casual wear, a floral dress with sunhat, before they reach the room. Lysander gets the impression her clothes and her skin aren't really distinct, both simply forms she chooses to exhibit. She turns and closes the door.

"What is then fella?"

Advertisement