Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Lysander pulls up outside the apartment block.

fVgePJ.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He enters the building and takes a slow look around at his surroundings.

The clientele is rich, very rich. Many the children of heads of industry, Lysander's Lasombra blood allows him to tell this at a glance, those who exist in the orbit of those in power. They lounge around in the pool outside, or sit with their tablets in the communal area.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He heads for the concierge's desk.

'Good evening. Time for the Lord to drink.'

The man's eyes roll into his head for a moment.

"Of course Sir, Lysander right? I was told you were arriving, this way."

He takes him up in the lift.

"A Lasombra huh, I've never seen one of you before, though my Master tells me some classic tropes we humans have come from you, like no reflection?

Anyway, I've been out for a run, so the blood should be good"

The lift stops and he opens up Lysander's room, an expansive pad overlooking the city.

"Here you are" he rolls up his sleeve and presents his wrist.

• Advertisement

Lysander feeds from the concierge, enough to refill his Vitae levels, before stopping. He is wary of how his bite can affect people.

'I trust no one will disturb me until tomorrow night? I wish you to make certain of this.'

"Of course Sir...Good morning"

He leaves.

Lysander heads for his room where he awaits Beckett and Clarissa.

There is a knock at the door.

Lysander walks to the door.

'Beckett, is that you?'

• Advertisement

The voice that replies sounds like Beckett.

"Yes, it is me....Lysander I suppose I should say now"

Fourier wrote: »
    The voice that replies sounds like Beckett.

"Yes, it is me....Lysander I suppose I should say now"

'Come in. Yes, things have changed a little. I look... different now.'

Lysander opens the door.

"LY?!!"

Clarissa looks shocked at the other end of the door.

"What...what happened, you look so different. The nose is bigger, the mouth....you look like an old fashioned movie star."

Beckett simply responds quickly to her.

"Nosferatu technique"

"The ugly guys?"

".....indeed the 'ugly guys', now Lysander I am sure various things transpired to bring you to look like this, most is obvious and I can surmise myself. Your clan is obviously different to what you originally claimed. I had suspected from your house and the manner of your ghouls that this was so. Lasombra obviously, though lacking Sabbat mannerisms. Antitribu then....Milan? A descendant of Giangaleazzo? As a mortal were you of Italian descent?"

'Milan, yes. Though my birth place was Romania... it was when I moved to Milan for university that I was sired.

I had certain traits in life the Lasombra found worthy...

It was a terrible few years before they deemed me fit to be sired.

But here I stand. An Archon for my clans bitterest rivals.

And I am not sorry. The Sabbat are vicious, cruel... only for the protection of the Milan Prince, they would have killed me.

So I repaid him by becoming Antitribu, just like him.'

He pauses.

'You understand why I lied about my true identity, I am sure.'

"Of course"

He takes Lysander aside.

"I will return to this city at some point in the next few months. I need to consult my research. Clarissa has possibly confirmed a theory I developed in Africa, while speaking to the native vampires.

Keep her safe Lysander, for use as your own pawn if that is what will motivate you the most. Lose her and I lose an interesting part of the puzzle that is our kind. I will seek no revenge of course, I simply hope you do it."

He walks to the window.

"Nice meeting you Archon."

He jumps out.

Lysander nods. Keeping Clarissa around would be in his best interests. He too is intrigued by what he has unearthed.

He turns to the Thin Blood.

'So, Clarissa.. what did you and Mr. Beckett speak of?

Come, sit. We will have a better home tomorrow night.

Sadly... I do not think Thomas or Rebecca will not be joining us.

I know not of Lydia.'

OOC: Can Lysander sense if his ghouls are alive or dead?

Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC: Can Lysander sense if his ghouls are alive or dead?
    He searches his Vitae, letting it feel out the Vitae separated from it.

One ghoul lives.

"You know Ly...I sort of don't care that they are...is that odd? I'm just glad you made it.

Beckett just kept asking for demonstrations of my powers. I got tired fast, so he got me two people to drink from, that felt....great, I've got to say."

Lysander nods.

'I know how you feel, my dear. You see - humans are useful to our kind. They provide us with the cover to live relatively normal lives.

You must remember this above all else. Never kill unless you are directly threatened. Violence with anyone - only as a last resort.'

He flips open his phone and dials Lydia's number first.

Lydia answers.

"Lysander my love...I knew you were alive...Thomas, he didn't want to go. I punished him harder for betraying your wishes. Where are you?"

Lysander gives her the address.

'Come now my love. I will have told them at reception to let you up.'

He hangs up the phone.

'Clarissa, Lydia is on her way. Our family is not entirely broken. And tomorrow we will have another member.'

• Advertisement

Lysander calls down to reception and makes them aware of his guest's imminent arrival.

Then he looks around the room to find the best place to rest for the night.

Under the floorboards is the safest choice, though that will require some damage to the room.

Otherwise the closet or bathroom.

Lysander rips up some floorboards. They can send him the bill in the post.

'Room for you as well, Clarissa - if you would not like a sunburn.'

He climbs underneath and settles in for the day.

He rises the next night, with Lydia staring lovingly into his face.

Room service has been ordered several times. Clarissa is already up.

"Ly...this woman is obsessed with you, can we get a different ghoul?" she whispers into his ear.

'We'll talk about it later, dear.'

He rises from the floorboards and does his best to put them back into place.

He feeds briefly from Lydia, enough to put her to sleep for the night.

Then he leaves his hotel room and makes for the lobby.

The lobby is busy enough, the same rich kids with their distractions. A few of the women smile flirtatiously at Lysander.

Lysander returns the smile, without showing a hint of fang - a trick he learned long ago. He glides graciously through the lobby and out onto the street to his car.

Next stop - the meeting.

Lysander drives the car up to the mansion's front garden.

ovWd1k.jpg

A few young looking men are present in expensive suits.

One, obviously a vampire and mid-30s by appearance, approaches the car.

"Lysander Karpov I assume, House Giovanni welcomes you. The Primogens are inside, join us for a little wine my friend? Mama and all of us have heard good things."

Lysander nods.

'Pleasure is mine. And your name? Of course I will join you.'

• Advertisement

"Antonio...stereotypical to some, but we like to keep things traditional. Come, join us inside."

He leads Lysander into the mansion. About twenty kindred in total are in the room, Giovanni, Toreador and Gangrel. The Giovanni Matriarch is speaking with Deborah and Adriano.

She smiles on seeing him enter.

"So this is the Lasombra, even I have rarely seen one. Tell me boy, what is your theory on where your shadows come from? A literal alternate realm as some of your Elders maintain?"

OOC: Lysander would know that the Abyss, from which Obtenebration draws, is a literal dimension of shadow and darkness. Lasombra elders often meet there to discuss things unnoticed. Revealing this to others is uncommon, but not forbidden. Especially the antitribu would be somewhat open to discussing it. Lasombra in the Sabbat can have an almost religious devotion to the Abyss.

Advertisement