Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Cock Robin and Lysander exit from a sewer manhole in Santa Monica. The Asylum nightclub is in full swing, strobe lights blinding bright and music pumping as they enter.

"Kindred section at the back" Cock Robin says, appearing in a different place every time the strobes flash back on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander follows Rob through the club towards the Kindred section, a little apprehensive given half the Kindred were hunting him not two hours ago.

As they enter, Jacqueline speaks to all of the city's Primogens and their second in commands in a room with three rows of seats ascending, like a small theater. Next to her stands the Sheriff.

"...as we speak we are hunting him down. No doubt the diablerist thought this would help him against the Sabbat and thankfully for us, it did. However, some rules are sacrosanct, for this, despite what he did, Larry Carson must die. No situation demands the comsumption of another's heart's blood for..."

Lysander and Cock Robin walk down the center of the theater. Cock Robin reaches into his coat.

"Behold, the head of Larry Carson."

He holds a decapitated head that looks exactly like Lysander did.

Whispers and exclamations run through the room.

"Justicar Cock Robin, in our city?"

"Who is that with him?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander allows the Kindred to gaze at him. He looks to Cock Robin, waiting for him to speak first.

"I and my new Archon, Lysander Karpov, easily took down the Diablerist, despite his increase in power."

He tosses the head at Jacqueline's feet.

"A token, so that all of you know the Camarilla doesn't just hand a city a Prince and rules, we look after the Kindred. We're not concerned with just one city, but our whole kind and yet we still help out where we can. The Anarchs lie in ruin, as do the Sabbat. Jacqueline our Prince grows strong. There is only the Wan Kuei. Let us end them in these coming weeks and the West Coast will once more be a stable sane place for our kind."

He walks up on stage next to the Prince.

"I don't believe you've met my Archon yet....I got him specially from Milan on a high recommendation, top level Justicar stuff, no evidence of the transference...my secret weapon you could say" he says placing his hand on her shoulder. Lysander can see the rage in her clenched fists. She heads off stage as Cock Robin brings Lysander up to receive the cheers of the crowd.

OOC: Sabbat and Blood hunt Survival, 20XP

• Advertisement

Lysander walks amongst the crowd with Cock Robin, accepting the cheers and adulations.

He is slightly apprehensive about the look on the Prince's face, and the rage within her - but that worry will be for another night.

'Thank you, thank you. We sliced his head off and fed his body to his own ghouls! The Camarilla has scored a great victory tonight - eliminating the Sabbat from this area, whilst ensuring the traditions and values are upheld.'

Several Kindred come forward to congratulate him personally. The Primogens of each clan offer him a place within their own territories. Up to him who he would take up on the offer.

Fourier wrote: »
    Several Kindred come forward to congratulate him personally. The Primogens of each clan offer him a place within their own territories. Up to him who he would take up on the offer.

Lysander listens graciously to all the offers individually.

OOC: Basically, type of lodgings, whereabouts in the city... just to make an informed decision :)

Necrominus wrote: »
    Lysander listens graciously to all the offers individually.

OOC: Basically, type of lodgings, whereabouts in the city... just to make an informed decision :)
    OOC: Just to be clear, everybody knows you are Lasombra now.

Malkavian: Upstairs in Asylum nightclub. Pros are plenty of anonymous humans to feed on. Cons are relatively unprotected from attack, though the Malkavian Primogen often stays there and also just a room.

Toreador: Beachside hotel room. Pros are access to lots of food, though not quite as anonymous as above and good security. Con is risk of sunlight, only curtains to protect you and sleep in en suite.

Gangrel: Gangrel bar at the beach. Big enough place size wise and you have access to weapons, but you have to hunt for your own food.

Brujah: Mansion in Hollywood hills. Cons are the Primogen will be heavy with requests.

Tremere: Antiquarian shop, room in the back. Small, little security and risk of sunlight. Big Pro is chance to learn Blood Magic

Ventrue: Expensive house in Downey with free ghoul. The estate you live has many ghouls and most of your immediate neighbours will be aware of what you are. Con is similar to Brujah, except instead of many small favours, it will be rare large ones.

Lysander thanks all of the Primogens graciously for their offers.

He ponders his decision for a few moments, and then returns to the Ventrue Primogen.

'I would like to accept your offer of accomodation. I trust the ghoul will be... catered to my tastes?'

• Advertisement

'I would like to accept your offer of accomodation. I trust the ghoul will be... catered to my tastes?'
    The Ventrue Primogen takes Lysander aside, away from the crowd.

"Please call me Louis....Louis Fortier"

WSJGfM.jpg

"I am glad you chose our clan, for the Ventrue and Lasombra are the ruling clans both. Despite certain philosophical differences among some of your members in these modern nights, we were once the leaders of our kind.

What are these 'tastes' you speak of?"

OOC: Before the Sabbat Camarilla split, the Lasombra and Ventrue were the major political clans, organisers and leaders of other vampires. The difference has always been though that the Ventrue are about nobility, refinement, tradition, the betters leading the lessers. The Lasombra are just about power.

Fourier wrote:
    "I am glad you chose our clan, for the Ventrue and Lasombra are the ruling clans both. Despite certain philosophical differences among some of your members in these modern nights, we were once the leaders of our kind.

What are these 'tastes' you speak of?"

Lysander regards Louis with a warm smile.

I agree, our clans were once those with total power... I see no reasons why this cannot be a most fruitful alliance.

As for my tastes. Young, attractive, female... someone who is ahead in society. I'm sure you understand.'

Lysander regards Louis with a warm smile.

I agree, our clans were once those with total power... I see no reasons why this cannot be a most fruitful alliance.

As for my tastes. Young, attractive, female... someone who is ahead in society. I'm sure you understand.'
    "But of course, but of course......" he looks eager to ask something.

"Lysander, a personal question if you do not mind?"

Fourier wrote:
    "Lysander, a personal question if you do not mind?"

'Of course, Primogen Louis. I am your guest now after all.'

'Of course, Primogen Louis. I am your guest now after all.'
    "Why the predilection for young attractive women? Obviously you do not have the desire anymore, but such an aesthetic is fitting of a Toreador, who view the human form as a work of art, but what draws you to this niche of ghouldom?"

Fourier wrote:
    "Why the predilection for young attractive women? Obviously you do not have the desire anymore, but such an aesthetic is fitting of a Toreador, who view the human form as a work of art, but what draws you to this niche of ghouldom?"

He shrugs.

'Ghouls can be important instruments. An attractive woman blends into a crowd much better than a beggar, or a tall man... or... young children if that is to some Kindreds tastes.'

Lysander looks disgusted at the last mention.

'It allows me to see and sense things much easier. Also... positions of prominence in the human world can be held... or even... manipulated by such a ghoul.'

"Of course, I am glad to see our thoughts align on this matter....it shall be arranged. I believe Adriano and Deborah, our Gangrel and Toreador Primogens, wanted to speak to you."

Lysander nods.

'It would be rude of me to keep them waiting. My thanks again, Primogen Louis - and I will speak with you shortly, I am sure.'

He bows and makes his way for the other Primogens.

Adriano and Deborah are speaking to Cock Robin who turns to great Lysander.

"Lysander, Adriano and Deborah here are to meet with the Giovanni Family Head here is Los Angeles. Larry was meant to accompany them, but well you know....I told them you would be more than capable of taking his place."

Deborah cries.

"Such a beauty the city lost in him, I gain some comfort in thinking his last moments were spent gazing at one of equal beauty, you are exquisite Lysander."

Adriano looks irritated with her.

Adriano and Deborah are speaking to Cock Robin who turns to great Lysander.

"Lysander, Adriano and Deborah here are to meet with the Giovanni Family Head here is Los Angeles. Larry was meant to accompany them, but well you know....I told them you would be more than capable of taking his place."

Deborah cries.

"Such a beauty the city lost in him, I gain some comfort in thinking his last moments were spent gazing at one of equal beauty, you are exquisite Lysander."

Adriano looks irritated with her.

Lysander smiles and bows before both Primogens.

'It would be my honour to take that... creatures place. His act was noble, and has done us a great deal of good...

But diablerizm is a cardinal sin. And they were right to punish it.'

He thinks for a moment.

'A brief synopis of the details to get me up to speed perhaps?'

• Advertisement

"Tomorrow night we meet their Matriarch at their mansion in Studio City, near Franklin canyon park" says Adriano with a slight Spanish accent.

"She is to provide us with a way of getting at the Wan Kuei leader."

'Very good. I look forward to accompanying you both.'

He turns to Cock Robin.

'I presume you will be accompanying us too, Magister?'

"Hmmm....why not."

Deborah and Adriano glance at one another.

"One of your...position being present might make them wonder have we come to attack them" Deborah says with a hint of respect.

Cock Robin takes out a cigarette and laughs.

"I suppose it might. See you all there anyway."

He puts his hand on Lysander's shoulder.

"See you man."

He then leaves through the door into the night club proper. Louis then approaches Lysander having been listening.

"Well then this suits well, after the meeting with the Giovanni I will have your new house ready for you."

Lysander nods.

'That will suit me very well. And as for tonight? I'm sure lodgings can be arranged.'

"Yes of course, the Tremere have been kind enough to cede to us the 717 Olympic tower in their own territory. You shall stay there tonight."

"Yes of course, the Tremere have been kind enough to cede to us the 717 Olympic tower in their own territory. You shall stay there tonight."

'Thank you again, Primogen. I should really take my leave and rest. Whilst... Larry was not too much trouble, I find myself in need of some rest. Could you loan me a suitable feed for the night?'

"The concierge at the hotel. He has good quality blood, athletic and educated. You'll sleep well, might learn the odd thing. He is on a 'Dominate loop' as I call it. Tell him 'Time for the lord to drink' and he'll regain good knowledge of our society for about ten minutes and comply with your requests."

Lysander thanks the Primogen and takes his leave of the group. He goes outside to his car and attempts to call Beckett.

Beckett picks up the phone.

"We're fine Larry, made it to Cordova Street. I managed to dissuade our pursuer."

• Advertisement

Lysander speaks.

'Larry no more, my friend. Things... I... have changed. I am now Lysander Karpov, and Larry Carson is dead. Please bring Clarissa to me, I will explain when you arrive.'

He gives him the address of the tower before hopping in his car and making for it himself.

Advertisement