Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Deborah comes down the stairs as Lysander enters the door, in a floral dress with a bonnet.

"This is how we used to dress on our Sunday lunches...." she becomes sad looking "...how is she?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Deborah comes down the stairs as Lysander enters the door, in a floral dress with a bonnet.

"This is how we used to dress on our Sunday lunches...." she becomes sad looking "...how is she?"

'She was well... but.. some force had blocked her memories. I had to resort to my powers to unblock them. It is how I learned of her love for you, and how she saved you.

In the ghost world she was entertaining every night, singing for large crowds, voice of... as I said... the 'A' word.

Tell me, Deborah - was this before you became Kindred?'

"Yes....in fact it was the guilt of this that led to me becoming what I am..."

She walks to the phone and dials.

"Jacqueline....you've done a great job with the city...I think Melony would be best for Toreador Primogen after me...I'm done"

She hangs up.

"Heh, answering machine. She's a frightening one that one...I'm going to leave the city Lysander...knowing she's out there somewhere...I can't play these politcal games...if only there was a way..."

And it is then that Lysander feels, only slight. A suicidal imppulse. What better way to rejoin Alice?

With a nudge from Dominate and a slight shift of memory, it could be brought to the surface. The lowering of his own generation and the changes the news had affected in Deborah made this possible. A Vampire who wants to die is a prime candidate for diablerie, they could easily be weakened to the point he needed, he need only bring them close to death first.

His blood screamed for the power.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander walks over to Deborah and sees her pain. He holds his hand under her chin and slowly casts her eyes up to meet his gaze.

'There, there... I understand your pain.'

OOC: Dominate - Forgetful Mind

'It was your fault she died... you could have saved her but you too cowardly. Allow me to help you correct the wrongs that you delivered on poor, sweet Anne.'

"Lysander....it was my fault...I could have run back....I never told her how I felt...I loved her Lysander...how could I?"

She looks at the clock on the wall, 04:56.

"My room upstairs has a compartment to shield you from the sun, will you stay with me until before dawn? I want a morning in the sun."

• Advertisement

"Lysander....it was my fault...I could have run back....I never told her how I felt...I loved her Lysander...how could I?"

She looks at the clock on the wall, 04:56.

"My room upstairs has a compartment to shield you from the sun, will you stay with me until before dawn? I want a morning in the sun."

He nods.

'But of course. It would be an honour to share it with you... perhaps... perhaps I could taste of your Vitae before you witness the sun rise? A small drop, just to remember you by.'

He says this while still holding her gaze.

OOC: Mesmerise if necessary

"Lysander....you are sweet....sweeter than I deserve in my final moments. I will leave some by the door as I leave."

The minutes tick by. Deborah grasps her dress nervously as they sit in silence. Eventually the sky begins to brighten as the sun approaches the horizon.

"Here it comes Lysander, after all this time, I wonder what it looks like"

Lysander notices something few Lasombra ever see. With the advancing sun, the shadows become stronger, he can sense their strength.

Deborah walks to the door.

"Tell the clan I'll miss them...and thank you"

She opens the door and steps out. The sun breaks the horizon.

The light that enters through the door causes Lysander's beast to shake in its cage from fear, it is hard to look at it.

Deborah begins to burst into flames. Impressively she doesn't scream despite the tremendous pain.

"I'm on my way Alice" she shouts and at just that moment, Lysander senses her Vitae burning away, she is weaker than him now, with seconds of unlife left.

The minutes tick by. Deborah grasps her dress nervously as they sit in silence. Eventually the sky begins to brighten as the sun approaches the horizon.

"Here it comes Lysander, after all this time, I wonder what it looks like"

Lysander notices something few Lasombra ever see. With the advancing sun, the shadows become stronger, he can sense their strength.

Deborah walks to the door.

"Tell the clan I'll miss them...and thank you"

She opens the door and steps out. The sun breaks the horizon.

The light that enters through the door causes Lysander's beast to shake in its cage from fear, it is hard to look at it.

Deborah begins to burst into flames. Impressively she doesn't scream despite the tremendous pain.

"I'm on my way Alice" she shouts and at just that moment, Lysander senses her Vitae burning away, she is weaker than him now, with seconds of unlife left.

Lysander dives for the kill and sinks his fangs into Deborah, dragging her burning body from the sunlight lest he be burned himself.

The sun singes Lysander slightly. Normally the beast would run in fear, but he is satisfying it another way.

He tosses Deborah to the floor, draining her. A tear of blood escapes her eye, but she is too weak to resist. Dark shadows rush in from outside and lift her and Lysander into the air. He tears into her neck pulling the hearts blood out as it falls as a thick syrup onto the floor.

Her body collapses to the ground and one of the shadows tosses it outside to burn.

Within the black goo, her soul screams in terror as Lysander approaches it.

"Why?" he hears her ask within his mind.....

• Advertisement

The sun singes Lysander slightly. Normally the beast would run in fear, but he is satisfying it another way.

He tosses Deborah to the floor, draining her. A tear of blood escapes her eye, but she is too weak to resist. Dark shadows rush in from outside and lift her and Lysander into the air. He tears into her neck pulling the hearts blood out as it falls as a thick syrup onto the floor.

Her body collapses to the ground and one of the shadows tosses it outside to burn.

Within the black goo, her soul screams in terror as Lysander approaches it.

"Why?" he hears her ask within his mind.....

'Because you are weak... just like Kirsten was.'

He drains her heart blood without a further word.

Lysander rises from the floor, sucking the last of the heart blood down his gullet.

Deborah's memories rush through him, she really did love Alice, Lysander can see all their happy times together in the factory and out on lunch dates, they'll be his forever now. She exerts one last act before she is subsumed into his being, making him turn on her stereo system.

"It was a good run Sheik, get some rest" is her final sentence before she is dismantled within him. A text arrives from the Ventrue Primogen on time.

"Come see your house tomorrow night"

Soft black flames of shadow erupt from the floor and surround Lysander as he climbs the stairs. The soundtrack playing throughout the house.

OOC: Stopping there. Generation 10. 15XP

As Lysander enters Deborah's hiding place from the sun, he smiles to himself. His path is now a very dangerous one, but this seemed like the perfect crime.

No real victims, apart from a suicidal lunatic who was a liability to the cause in any regard.

Cock Robin would probably understand, but it would be best to keep it from him unless absolutely necessary. Once, to save his own life, could be easily ignored.

This time, however.... this was a power play. But covering it up was as simple as doing simply nothing.

He practiced his voice of surprise:

'I cannot believe it - she locked me in here, and simply walked out into the sun! I could hear her sizzle and burn, but I was trapped within, helpless!'

He hammers the inside of the enclosed space a number of times, creating dents where he 'attempted' to break out.

What next? He would figure that out as it went.

Lydia might be a problem. He could claim her as a trophy from Larry, but Clarissa was right.. she might be becoming a liability.

The new ghoul would cause jealousy...

As for Clarissa, he did agree with Beckett. She was important to the continuation of study... but her powers...

He must study her more closely. Take her out hunting, perhaps. Watch them, learn them... and if they are beyond him....

His last thought as he closes his eyes for the day were:

Take them for himself.

Lysander wakes, the clock in Deborah's bedroom reads 22:30

Lysander exits the chamber and looks around him. He leaves the room and heads downstairs.

The mansions lower floor is as he left it the night before.

A text arrives from Cock Robin.

"Kid, get to your new place, some big news!"

Lysander leaves the house and jumps into his car. He drives straight for his new place, sending a text to Clarissa to join him at the new abode later that night.

Lysander arrives with Louis standing outside. A richly dressed woman stands next to him.

"Lysander, good to see you, this is your new ghoul, Martha Cochran"

She bows.

Lysander surveys the woman.

'Pleasure is mine, Martha. I look forward to our new.... relationship.'

"Martha here is a movie star Lysander. We put her in cheap B movies about vampires, however the social life of the vampires is based on our own society. It's a good trick, anybody who learns anything about us will just be accused of watching these movies too much!

Come on, I'll show you in"

The house is well furbished, three floors and a basement. Louis shows Lysander the automated steel blinds that cover the house from sunlight.

"What do you think?"

• Advertisement

Lysander nods.

'You are too kind Louis. This abode is exemplary.'

"Glad to hear it my friend. I shall leave you and Martha to get acquainted."

He heads out the front door.

Lysander surveys his new ghoul.

'So, Martha - you are willing to be bound to me?'

He steps forward, looks into her eyes.

OOC: Command

'Drink.'

He opens his wrist.

Martha drinks deep from Lysander's veins.

She holds her temple.

"Wow, that's a different hit, I feel removed from the world, hidden, but incredibly powerful, like a silent god. Never had another clan feel like that. Your from one of the Sabbat ones right? The Lasombra? I think I'll enjoy being bound to you."

Lysander smiles.

'Three nights and you will feel everything as I do... I look forward to our new friendship.'

A knock is heard at the door. The door frame slightly rots and the carpets turn a soiled black around the door.

Lysander turns to Martha.

'Go upstairs, my dear. I will join you shortly.'

He moves to the door and calls outwards.

'How can I help you?'

"It's me kid, sorry for the effect on the door. Sometimes our corrupting nature leaks out. I'm bit excited to tell the truth, so I don't have as much control as normal"

"It's me kid, sorry for the effect on the door. Sometimes our corrupting nature leaks out. I'm bit excited to tell the truth, so I don't have as much control as normal"

Lysander opens the door to Cock Robin and invites him in.

• Advertisement

"Thanks kid...lots of interesting news, some of it is good, for you especially, some of it bad....for all of us

How have you been? What happened to Deborah? There has been some talk about her, but little in light of...recent developments."

Advertisement