Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Diablerize the Archon, then the kine may live. A vampire must have his tools and I know you care nothing for these ghouls."

The bishop also cannot sense that Clarissa is actually a Vampire.

"Don't do it. And we will torture you, until you reveal what you know, then you shall be consumed. She of course will walk free, to spread word of your loyalty, we will permit you this."

"As for you Gangrel, I know little of you...." Lysander feels the force of Domination extend over the room. "...get close to your Primogen and attempt to kill him. Now go."

Agalia runs off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander turns to Kirsten.

'You, an Archon... allowed yourself to be captured. You should be ashamed of yourself.'

He turns to the Bishop.

'From my time spent amongst those... dogs of the Camarilla - she is held in high regard. But....'

A guttural laugh emits from him.

'It will be done. I will eviscerate her, body and soul.'

He lashes out with his dark power again

OOC: Arms of the Abyss

and the shadow tentacles wrap around Kirsten.

He draws her in.

'I do not tolerate failure... wasn't that something you said to me when you planned to bomb my car?

I will have the last laugh.'

"YOU FUKING PRICK!!!" she roars pulling at the tentacles, the Vitae mostly gone from her system she has little strength now. She is pulled next to him. Held in the air by the tentacles, the shadow almost moves of its own accord to hold her neck to one side.

"Kill her. You have never experienced the pleasure of diablerie Lysander. It is to be treasured. I see now I was wrong to doubt you" the bishop places his hand on Lysander's shoulder as he says this.

"Drink son of Caine and grow in power."

Kirsten screams and curses.

"YOU WERE ONE OF THEM ALL ALONG!!!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He whispers into her ear.

'This is your fault, bitch. I had a plan, to get me in, and help our cause - you fcuked up and got caught... and now you will die.'

He sinks his teeth into her neck.

Lysander sucks on Kirsten's neck, eventually the thickest densest most powerful Vitae, the heart's blood, the Vitae that carries the soul moves into her neck like a sickly bulge. She claws at Lysander, screams, roars. By the time it is in her neck, she cannot speak, just rage in her eyes. As he pulls the heart's blood out of her neck, her body grows dead, the soul removed.

Finally Lysander absorbs the sickly sweet blood itself.

He collapses to the ground shuddering and convulsing. All of Kirsten's memories rush through him, it will take time to sort them out. His blood thickens, his Vitae growing more tar like and Viscous.

OOC: You are now Generation 11

The heart's blood also sets his own Vitae alight with power, for a brief moment.

He raises in shadow form, vast tentacles of black sprouting from his back. He can smell the Vitae of those nearby, more he can grow the shadow within them with ease....

• Advertisement

Lysander turns, the power coursing through his veins.

He gazes around the room at the Sabbat.

Finally, his dark eyes fall upon the Bishop.

'It is done.... and SO. ARE. YOU!'

He launches a tentacle at the leader of this clan of savages, aiming to kill him where he stands.

At the same time he takes the form of pure shadow.

The Bishop turns and says a single command. "Kill yourself"

Lysander however has no eyes to gaze into, shadow being, his "eyes" are every shadow in the room, from which he watches as his tentacle drills into the bishop through the chest. The shadow bubbling within, corrupting his body.

"The Toreador Archon was this strong..." he says pulling at the tentacle "...to give you this much powe....." his jaw and torso come apart, disintegrated. Ashes are all that remains. The two huge beasts beside him fall apart into blood and bone.

The Sabbat grow silent.

Dumitru walks forward.

"It is as I said to some of you. He is the flame to light this city. Our new bishop. The Lasombra have returned."

The Sabbat chant and the Lasombra flag is unfurled from the roof.

H48cHo.png

Dumitru bows.

"All hail the Bishop of Los Angeles. Lysander Karpov"

The room bows to him.

Lysander peers upon his 'subjects' from every shadow in the room.

'The Lasombra have returned... this much is correct.'

He laughs again, the sound emanating around the room.

'But.... the Sabbat... this sadist ritual ends.... tonight.'

He begins to build the ultimate darkness, keeping it from his ghouls and Clarissa but encompassing the entire rest of the room.

'The Camarilla will have a Lasombra leader. Tonight is the first step.'

He releases the power into the room.

The shadow is of a level of power that none in the room can stop it fills the entire hall, rushing down their throats and shattering them from the inside. Within the shadow Lysander sees Dumitru look genuinely hurt before he comes apart.

The maelstrom of black swirls, ripping and crushing, until the power leaves Lysander and it dies away.

All there is now, is him, Clarissa, the ghouls and ash.

Clarissa runs forward.

"Ly?"

Lysander collapses to the floor, spent from the power leaving his body.

'I'm ok, Clarissa. Just need to rest.'

He looks at his ghouls.

'Let's go home. I have much to do... but it can wait till I am restored... and for another night.'

He staggers to his feet.

'Lydia.... burn it down. This place... All of it.'

• Advertisement

Lydia manages to assemble gasoline and lighters from about the temple and various other burnable material. They were into their fire rituals.

Lysander and the others walk out of the mansion as Lydia tosses a Molotov Cocktail into the lobby, igniting the building. The blaze can be seen throughout Hollywood. As Lysander reaches the car, he instructs Thomas to wait for Lydia and to take one of the Sabbat cars home. As he gets in with Clarissa and Rebecca he can hear the sirens coming. Rebecca will refuel him tonight.

As they drive home, Clarissa talks and asks questions endlessly about the Sabbat. Finally as they pass the ocean, she asks to just breath the fresh air and get her head straight. Lysander pulls over as she walks to the ocean and splashes a bit.

Dawn is over an hour away, they're only five minutes from home, so no harm in letting her have her way.

Sabbat and Anarchs gone. Only the Wan Kuei then. A different threat, not violent, not of great power individually. Just unpredictable and organised, unlike his previous two opponents. And Jacqueline, could he stand up to that if he needed to? How would he explain tonight, to her and Cock Robin?

Questions for tomorrow. For now an Ocean Drive in the red skies of the early morning. He sits on the bonnet and watches Clarissa.

Lysander wakes the following night at 21.58 according to the kitchen clock.

His phone has several missed calls. Including ones from unknown numbers.

Lysander makes his way to his study and opens his laptop to check his emails.

He looks at his phone while the laptop loads, checking the missed calls from numbers he does know.

The known missed calls are from Jacqueline and Cock Robin.

Lysander attempts to log in, only to find his account is locked out.

He hears a banging on the door. Thomas comes down the stairs to answer it.

"I'll get that Lysander"

Fourier wrote: »
    The known missed calls are from Jacqueline and Cock Robin.

Lysander attempts to log in, only to find his account is locked out.

He hears a banging on the door. Thomas comes down the stairs to answer it.

"I'll get that Lysander"

Lysander calls to Thomas.

'No, Thomas. You guard Clarissa. I will answer it. Take them all upstairs and do not come down until I say so.'

He moves out into the hallway and opens the front door.

Beckett is standing in the doorway.

"Good evening, I hope I don't have you at a bad time."

Beckett is standing in the doorway.

"Good evening, I hope I don't have you at a bad time."

Lysander shrugs.

'No time is necessarily a bad time, my friend. Although... it has been... a testing 24 hours. How can I assist you?'

"Well, talk about town is that you took down the Sabbat. Several are wondering how this is possible. I know of course it must have been via Diablerie. You will probably be executed for that.

Would you care to tell me the details before you are?"

"Well, talk about town is that you took down the Sabbat. Several are wondering how this is possible. I know of course it must have been via Diablerie. You will probably be executed for that.

Would you care to tell me the details before you are?"

'Come in. I'll explain as much as I can.'

Lysander goes into the sitting room.

'Before I begin, I must explain that my plan was to infiltrate the Sabbat, and take them down from within.

I do not know how, I presume via surveillance - but they knew everything about me. Who I spoke to, my contacts, my ghouls... although even the bishop was unaware of... Clarissa.

When I arrived the bishop controlled me. Dominated my mind.

I can remember them bringing out Kirsten...

I will not apologise for it, she should have been powerful enough, have enough know how to evade capture.

The Bishop... he forced me... well...'

Lysander pauses.

'After it was done... the power within me... I killed him first. Then the entire room. I had my ghouls burn that accursed place to the ground.'

He stands up.

'I will accept whatever punishments the Prince and Cock Robin deem acceptable.

But I will not apologise. I obliterated the Sabbat.

Me... Alone. The mission was approved by the Prince. She did not specify any terms I should abide by.'

He finishes, looking at Beckett defiantly, but not aggressively.

"In Africa they practice a safe weaker form of Diablerie. Only some of the heart's blood is taken. It weakens the Elder and strengthens the younger one. They say it prevents the elder from becoming lethargic and cannibalistic. All those of low generation sleep for decades or centuries and must feed on other vampires, humans no longer sustain them, apparently this prevents that by weakening them. It also makes their society more democratic. So they claim.

They say Diablerie is a price our greedy elders pay. That what we call the 3rd generation were just a group who refused to share and erased knowledge of the rituals and have created a our feudal society as a result. Diablerie is then the only choice left to the young in Eurasia and America.

So they say in Africa anyway....which is to say, I don't judge.

Come, I suspect they will have called a blood hunt. We must get you and Clarissa to safety....though know my priority is Clarissa."

• Advertisement

"In Africa they practice a safe weaker form of Diablerie. Only some of the heart's blood is taken. It weakens the Elder and strengthens the younger one. They say it prevents the elder from becoming lethargic and cannibalistic. All those of low generation sleep for decades or centuries and must feed on other vampires, humans no longer sustain them, apparently this prevents that by weakening them. It also makes their society more democratic. So they claim.

They say Diablerie is a price our greedy elders pay. That what we call the 3rd generation were just a group who refused to share and erased knowledge of the rituals and have created a our feudal society as a result. Diablerie is then the only choice left to the young in Eurasia and America.

So they say in Africa anyway....which is to say, I don't judge.

Come, I suspect they will have called a blood hunt. We must get you and Clarissa to safety....though know my priority is Clarissa."

Lysander nods.

'A new start, again I suppose.'

He pauses.

'What of my ghouls?'

"Well...they have your blood...it could be used against you....

I simply say this to help, I do not enjoy violence."

"Well...they have your blood...it could be used against you....

I simply say this to help, I do not enjoy violence."

Lysander sighs. His ghouls have been incredibly helpful.

'Very well. Give me a few moments.'

He leaves the room and goes upstairs.

'Clarissa, Mr. Beckett wishes to speak to you.'

"Yeah, no problem Ly."

She heads downstairs to Beckett.

Becket shouts upstairs.

"Lysander, they're here. Six of them. A blood hunt pack. I'm off with her. If you can, get to Hollywood. Cordova Street, near the Warner Brothers studio."

Lysander hears an odd sound from downstairs and smash in the kitchen window.

Lysander turns to his most trusted ghoul, his oldest since coming to LA.

'Lydia, a word alone. Rebecca, Thomas... stay here for a few moments. I will speak with you soon. Thomas, your gun please, I need it.'

He walks over and extends his hand for the gun.

"Sure thing man."

He hands over the gun.

"Something serious going down?"

He nods.

'Wait here.'

He brings Lydia to another room.

'Lydia... the time has come for us to elope... without Rebecca and Thomas. I need you to kill them... then... follow me.'

He stares into her eyes

OOC: Dominate

'If you are captured, you cannot let them know of my blood within you. You will do anything to stop that, including killing yourself.'

He turns.

'If you survive, you know how to reach me. Until then... farewell.'

Lysander goes to a room at the back of the house and dives out the window.

He lands in the grass outside. A man across the street turns to look at him. They both recognise each other as Vampires.

OOC: You have the slight advantage here, what do you do?

• Advertisement

He lands in the grass outside. A man across the street turns to look at him. They both recognise each other as Vampires.

OOC: You have the slight advantage here, what do you do?

OOC: Shroud of Night directly at him.

Lysander summons the dark power within him and attempts to blanket the vampire in darkness.

Advertisement