Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

indicator or not, you are supposed to overtake over a junction and I believe a layby would qualify as a junction. Even if it doesn't, it's a foolish place to overtake. Not as foolish as believing tractors have indicators on the front only perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

An old one but perhaps slightly more interesting than the location of Claas Ares 816 RZ incicators....When you get out of your car looking for a fight, be careful as the other dog might be bigger than you thought...

This one is a bit more lively. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

This one is a bit more lively.

Loved the way the golf forgot how to use a roundabout and starts to give way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Another clip of light breaking from famous Charlestown junction. I think Im going to open separate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Winter carnage time in Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Carpentry wrote: »
    Another clip of light breaking from famous Charlestown junction. I think Im going to open separate thread.

I don't know why people sit in traffic here then run the red light. It's quicker to go left and turn around at the roundabout. At least it if you're going into North Park anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Love the commentary! And a completely braindead driver entering that roundabout.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

No visible skidmarks...

Holy sh#tballs :D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Fancy Pigeon always has gas commentary with plenty of four-letter combos. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Carpentry wrote: »

Ive seen many a bad accident at that junction!
    Some people are so stupid

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Monday morning commute, a great start to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

More Sgt_castle clips please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

*technically* it's a dashcam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

delly wrote: »
    Monday morning commute, a great start to the day.

what speed are you at during that? why in the overtaking lane for the entire period with long stretches of road with no cars in the middle lane?

any driver who tries blinding drivers with flashing beams is as reckless as anyone which you did. It distracts, it achieves nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

One from a week or so back

sightband wrote: »
    what speed are you at during that? why in the overtaking lane for the entire period with long stretches of road with no cars in the middle lane?

any driver who tries blinding drivers with flashing beams is as reckless as anyone which you did. It distracts, it achieves nothing.

In fairness to Delly, why would he move into lane 2, if he's travelling faster than the other traffic, and there's no one behind him? Unnecessarily moving between lanes is more messing about than is really needed, most of the time.

Also, the van doesn't stop in lane 2, it goes straight into the path of Delly, so he's well within his right to give him a flash to make the van driver aware of what he just did. I'd be confident the van didn't know Delly was even there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,311 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

PaulKK wrote: »
    One from a week or so back

How is anyone supposed to see the indicators with that thing on the back of the tractor???

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    How is anyone supposed to see the indicators with that thing on the back of the tractor???

Ah sure what would you want them yolks for? :)

One from October.. plenty of examples of what not to do on the motorway..

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Dartz wrote: »
    *technically* it's a dashcam

I was ****ting it just watching that!

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

fritzelly wrote: »
    I can't tell if your being serious, stupid or Trolling

Anyway lights on those style trailers are not on the back, they are on the panel behind the rear wheel
    Similar trailer here
    So in that clip it's impossible for us (people watching the clip) to see the rear lights as they are in a shaded part

In fairness to Delly, why would he move into lane 2, if he's travelling faster than the other traffic, and there's no one behind him? Unnecessarily moving between lanes is more messing about than is really needed, most of the time.

Also, the van doesn't stop in lane 2, it goes straight into the path of Delly, so he's well within his right to give him a flash to make the van driver aware of what he just did. I'd be confident the van didn't know Delly was even there.

what speed is he doing before defending him? do you think it is within the limit?

flashing a driver at any time is idiotic. it blinds and distracts everyone on the road, there is absolutely no good reason to flash a driver other than trying to piss them off, let them know you are pissed off with them and as mentioned, it distracts other drivers.

as for the van driver, he seems like a similar gobsh*te, looks to me like he knew exactly who was behind him as he brake checks a few times. two irresponsible idiots on the road...and for the record on speculation, i think yer man was speeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

I don't know that many will agree with you. Lanes 2 and 3 are for overtaking and for much of the time he wasn't. Having said that, the van driver was pretty unobservant not to see a fast moving car approaching.

Light flashes and horns are there to warn of your approach and are not suitable for educating other drivers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

sightband wrote: »

I was doing 120 km/h up to the point of the 100 km/h sign officer, did you not see the deceleration?

The stretch of motorway ends, becomes a trilane with left lane for M50 north, middle lane for city (which often has tailbacks to that junction) and rightlane for M50 south. I'm an anal left lane driver to be honest, however in this circumstance we initially had visible traffic in the middle lane driving at substantially slower speeds than me, followed by a mass of traffic entering slowly from the left into lane 1 and 2, therefore to enter these lanes would increase risk of a collision, and considering I am already in the correct lane for M50 free flow. In relation to flashing the driver, as KKV said already, it achieved awareness to the driver that he drove into a lane of traffic at a substantially slower speed. This driver then brake checks me and then proceeds to drive up the behind of a truck after I have backed off to maintain a safe braking distance, resulting in him having to brake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Isambard wrote: »
    I don't know that many will agree with you. Lanes 2 and 3 are for overtaking and for much of the time he wasn't.

On that part of the road, the N2(2?) is ending and you need to get in lane, with lane 3 being M50 south. Yeah maybe it might be a bit early but if you’re tipping along at speed limit, can see cars in lane 1 and 2 ahead, and aren’t holding up the lane it’s not exactly bad behaviour.

EDIT: what Delly said.

delly wrote: »
    In relation to flashing the driver, as KKV said already, it achieved awareness to the driver that he drove into a lane of traffic at a substantially slower speed. This driver then brake checks me and then proceeds to drive up the behind of a truck after I have backed off to maintain a safe braking distance, resulting in him having to brake again.

flashing a driver with full beams achieves nothing other than showing you are angry, venting your own frustration and endangering other road users. it distracts everyone. did i miss this in my own test "use high beams repeatedly on a driver you are not happy with"...then he brake checks, then some times it doesnt work out like you hoped and there is a pile up.

• Advertisement

In fairness to Delly, why would he move into lane 2, if he's travelling faster than the other traffic, and there's no one behind him?

A) Because that's the law

B) Because that's responsible, good driving

That's why.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement