Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

Good to see the previous one almost reach 10k :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Good to see the previous one almost reach 10k :)

With about 9,956 of those posts telling the cam car drivers what they did wrong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

With about 9,956 of those posts telling the cam car drivers what they did wrong!!

Only 9,956... are you certain? I was sure it was 9,964!:pac:

Seems to be a lot of duplication after 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Has the ultimate dashcam been posted yet!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

I believe it's still attached to the upper stage, you can occasionally see it on the "live" feed. It's not going to Mars as it will overshoot, I don't think there is any propulsion still available so it will follow it's current trajectory and get steered by various gravitational forces, if it survives for a few million years it will eventually end up impacting the sun.

To go even further off topic, if it did leave our system and head to some populated alien world it would baffle their best, or if it was long forgotten and returned to the earth in a few thousand years it would be a mega WTF moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

SuperS54 wrote: »

To go even further off topic, if it did leave our system and head to some populated alien world it would baffle their best, or if it was long forgotten and returned to the earth in a few thousand years it would be a mega WTF moment!
    For me, the actual launch is a mega WTF moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

^^^^^ scary stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Truck loaded with propane/lpg started leaking.

inforfun wrote: »
    Truck loaded with propane/lpg started leaking.

Ah I see.

Anyone die looks bad

Hesitated to post it for that reason but when you look on a bigger screen, you see people getting out of those first 2 cars.

Their cars died, that's for sure.

Hesitated to post if for that reason but when you look on a bigger screen, you see people getting out of those first 2 cars.

Their cars died, that's for sure.

Yeah cars were toast...

I would have banged it in reverse and got out of there not jump out into the flames though

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

I don't like too much chit chat/arguing, I prefare to binge on a load of video's at once.
    but sometimes I do like when a video is being talked about.
    i'm a learner and I can't always tell what has happened, or why a certain person was in the wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

Ah I see.

Anyone die looks bad

I didnt notice at first, but the person in the blue car did eventually end up getting out of the car. then they ran back over to it to get another person out. so they definitely got away at least

Yeah cars were toast...

I would have banged it in reverse and got out of there not jump out into the flames though

Looking at the way the first car pulled over and exploded I'd say their engine had already stalled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Patww79 wrote: »

It was merely a 'fun' payload to launch up there.

NASA normally just launch a block of concrete so Tesla wanted to do something different.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Caliden wrote: »
    It was merely a 'fun' payload to launch up there.

NASA normally just launch a block of concrete so Tesla wanted to do something different.

Exactly, as it was a 1st test for the Falcon Heavy, it had to carry a payload, to prove it could carry into orbit what they'll say it can carry into orbit.

No one would want their very expensive satellite sitting atop of a new untested launch vehicle where the potential for failure could be greater. So why not send up a car, it's probably the greatest product placement ad in the history of the universe up to now! (Until Musk puts the Tesla logo onto the moon!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Jesus, you'd think the CCTV uploader would have picked up the guy in the orange jacket !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭iomusicdublin

Dingatron wrote: »

This happened an Italian friend of mine at the lights in Palmerstown last year.

When turning right on to the bypass they saw 2 lanes and went to left lane not realising the road was a dual carriageway.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

This happened an Italian friend of mine at the lights in Palmerstown last year.

When turning right on to the bypass they saw 2 lanes and went to left lane not realising the road was a dual carriageway.

Have seen this three times recently at Ballymount M50 entrance, people coming off the southbound sliproad and turning right to go towards Tallaght then sailing down the wrong side of the island towards traffic.

Two were foreign regs and one UK.

Have seen this three times recently at Ballymount M50 entrance, people coming off the southbound sliproad and turning right to go towards Tallaght then sailing down the wrong side of the island towards traffic.

Two were foreign regs and one UK.

Poor road signs and design plus better paint on the road could help such as directional arrows after the white stop lines so people turning will see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Poor road signs and design plus better paint on the road could help such as directional arrows after the white stop lines so people turning will see them.

How about just "paint"! It's appalling how paint on roads is never maintained in this country. They wait till it's completely faded before deciding to repaint. Even when they put a new patch down, they paint the lines on only that patch and don't continue....surely if they've gone to the bother of getting the lads out, why not do the rest of the road. The mind boggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

chewed wrote: »
    Even when they put a new patch down, they paint the lines on only that patch and don't continue....surely if they've gone to the bother of getting the lads out, why not do the rest of the road. The mind boggles!

You mean forward thinking? Nah, crazy idea

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

I heard that three cars in total went off road today because of the ice on road between Clonboo and Galway. This is just a quick look at aftermath of one of the accidents. Better seen on full screen and full hd. On the left about 5 sec in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

'Magic wrote:
    =);106131742']I heard that three cars in total went off road today because of the ice on road between Clonboo and Galway. This is just a quick look at aftermath of one of the accidents. Better seen on full screen and full hd. On the left about 5 sec in.

Fixed it for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement