Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Was I wrong to flash my full beams here?

How very dare you and doing 121 as well. Pri*k :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Did you not know it is never ever ok to flash your full beams as it a reckless thing to do and it only incites aggravation and upset and it never achieves anything.

Come to think of it, we really should all sue every car manufacturer in a class action case for making the reckless flashing option available to us in the first place because all those times we have flashed or been flashed for a multitude of reasons must have caused us all so much distraction, endangerment, frustration, anger, annoyance, pain and upset.

What the hell were they thinking!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You're worse than Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Don't toot your horn to alert them of your presence either. You'll be chastised for it not being strictly an emergency!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Thanks guys, next time I will suck it up and take the high speed collision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Thanks guys, next time I will suck it up and take the high speed collision.

It's the right thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

no, warning of your approach is correct use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭blade1

And may the fleas of a 1000 camels infest the armpits of anyone that stays in the overtaking lane a second more than they have to!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

You definitely done the right thing flashing your lights, it enabled van driver to see their phone better and finish their text.

It's good to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

One of the stupidest things I've seen in a long time on the motorway this evening.

Check out the far side of the motorway - car in the hard shoulder. Its owner ran across the entire motorway to assist with another car on the off ramp. Take a look to the right as I take the off ramp.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

emeldc wrote: »
    How very dare you and doing 121 as well. Pri*k :pac:
    Don't worry, Shane Ross will quieten this Stirling Moss. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

PaulKK wrote: »
    One of the stupidest things I've seen in a long time on the motorway this evening.

Check out the far side of the motorway - car in the hard shoulder. Its owner ran across the entire motorway to assist with another car on the off ramp. Take a look to the right as I take the off ramp.

I think I fixed it.

mrsoundie wrote: »
    I think I fixed it.

? Was it not playing? Working fine for me?

PaulKK wrote: »
    ? Was it not playing? Working fine for me?
    You missed out the / in the [/youtube] closing field.

You missed out the / in the [/youtube] closing field.

Ah, thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,016 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Looks like you caught the Scooby Doo gang smoking too many scooby snacks in the mystery machine

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Not sure how the first guy didn't hit anything!

GreeBo wrote: »
    I disagree.
    You move left unless you are overtaking, if you are not overtaking then you stay left.
    8s is plenty of time to stay in a lane, its over 220M @ 100km/h.

So you're driving along, with nothing behind you, in lane 3 of a 3 lane motorway.

You can see a car, traveling slower than you, ahead, in lane 2.

Are you saying you actually go into lane 2, and then back to lane 3 again, in the space of 12 seconds?

I would consider that decidedly more dangerous than maintaining your course in lane 3 until you have passed all visible slower moving traffic (or until a vehicle is approaching from behind, to pass you).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Question is why is he in Lane 2 if Lane 1 is clear

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

That's probably around my threshold, I think to myself does it look like I can count ten mississippis between moving in and going back out.
    Of course if some one is tailgating I will avoid moving over, as I need to concentrate more on the upcoming road due to the unsafe stopping distance behind me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Why don't you all count your 12 Missisipis or whatever and move back to Lane 1 of this thread :)

Hard to find a video in last 2 days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭josip

So you're driving along, with nothing behind you, in lane 3 of a 3 lane motorway.

Are you saying you actually go into lane 2, and then back to lane 3 again, in the space of 12 seconds?
    I would consider that decidedly more dangerous than maintaining your course in lane 3 until you have passed all visible slower moving traffic (or until a vehicle is approaching from behind, to pass you).

Yes. That's how it's done in Germany and it works very well.
    Large volumes of traffic make progress without mobile roadblocks in the overtaking lane.
    It's not unusual to see Mr. Porsche going all the way into lane 1 on a 3 lane autobahn if it's free.

It's not easy, I find it more tiring because my concentration levels are higher and I'm not as used to the system as they are.
    Despite what others may claim, I find other European countries motorway abilities to be more similar to the Irish than the Germans.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,120 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Why am I in lane 3 in this scenario?:confused:
    Of course I would, why wouldn't I?
    When you are on a single lane road do you stay on the wrong side of the road for 12 seconds or move back once you have completed the overtake? Why do you think its any different on a motorway?

So basically you would stay in lane 3 for your entire journey.

Thanks for wrecking the motorway for everyone else.:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

ajpgW6S.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 27,120 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^ If I was the cam car there is no way I would be staying that close...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

yep, it's exactly how I drive. Left most available lane. lane 2 and 3 for overtaking. Trouble is all the numpties who think it's OK to drive as you do make it hard to drive how you should (ie you can't always move to lane one when someones hogging lane 2 forcing more cars than necessary to use lane 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

inforfun wrote: »
    ajpgW6S.gif

What a bunch of fcukers that would just drive passed him or sit behind him filming and waiting for the inevitable collision rather than trying to prevent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm calling fake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm calling fake

Yep, fake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement