Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I know. I work in the city centre, it's 100 quid a month for a parking spot at the office. The last company who I worked for in the city centre there was just no parking below a certain seniority. I would say plenty of people are paying for their parking.

Is that particularly common? I've seen provision parking of spaces but as a BIK deduction at worst. I work in a property related industry and mostly see senior management and then various approaches such as first come, first served, booking the spaces in way in advance or those who cosy up to security/facility management and secure spaces for themselves (which is hugely common in big organisations).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Buer wrote: »
    Is that particularly common? I've seen provision parking of spaces but as a BIK deduction at worst. I work in a property related industry and mostly see senior management and then various approaches such as first come, first served, booking the spaces in way in advance or those who cosy up to security/facility management and secure spaces for themselves (which is hugely common in big organisations).

Generally yeah, depending on the location. Most places will only have a handful of spaces if even, our place has 2 for around 400 employees in our Dublin office. But this is smack in the middle of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Generally yeah, depending on the location. Most places will only have a handful of spaces if even, our place has 2 for around 400 employees in our Dublin office. But this is smack in the middle of town.

I'm pretty sure any central office built in the last couple of years at least won't have enough spaces for all employees, by design. DCC hate cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

We certainly don’t have spaces for more than a few employees. Last place I was in lost a potential hire over a parking space. I don’t drive because I’m a brain genius.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm pretty sure any central office built in the last couple of years at least won't have enough spaces for all employees, by design. DCC hate cars.

Any office in Dublin, not just in town itself.

They're only allowed car parking spaces for a certain percentage of the building capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

awec wrote: »
    Any office in Dublin, not just in town itself.

They're only allowed car parking spaces for a certain percentage of the building capacity.

Yep. See below from the Galway forum about a new development in planning.
    brutes1 wrote: »
    Once Bonham Quay is complete is will provide 32,000sqm of Grade A office space, accommodating roughly 3,500 people.

138 parking spots

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is the free parking for civil servants mostly true or a myth?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Fairly sure it's true. They also have the highest number of parking spaces in the city centre.

Step 1 - Congestion charge during peak times
    Step 2 - Get rid of the free parking for civil servants

Myth. Some of the offices might have parking for some of the senior managers but other than that there's none in the newer offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Not really a myth. Some of the state bodies have pretty decent ratios of parking spaces to staff. The older sites in particular; IDA, ESB, An Bord Pleanála etc.

• Advertisement

Not really a myth. Some of the state bodies have pretty decent ratios of parking spaces to staff. The older sites in particular; IDA, ESB, An Bord Pleanála etc.

ESB are in East Wall now, but yeah some of the older sites will still have parking but a lot of the newer ones (Chapter House, DEPR, OGP) have little to none.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Not too pushed about Brienne, I think it was a culmination of everything for her but I didn't believe the storyline whatsoever. I never got the impression (until the last 1-2 episodes) that there was anything remotely reciprocal from Jamie towards her. The Tormund storyline is just thrown away in 2 minutes and he's off with one of the servants instantly. It was a two fingered "Yeah, whatever" to the development that has gone on for a couple of seasons.

There were other things that disappointed me more. A massive fleet nearby isn't spotted from the air? That was just silly. Euron is just a crap bad guy who comes into it from nowhere and just randomly pops up to make massive impacts on the story line.
    There was never any reciprocation from Brienne towards Tormund!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Torch it.

Nah, I was referencing people who are driving to work currently instead of taking the bus. I would imagine a large portion of those people have parking spaces available to them around the city centre.

I know. I work in the city centre, it's 100 quid a month for a parking spot at the office. The last company who I worked for in the city centre there was just no parking below a certain seniority. I would say plenty of people are paying for their parking.

I put my parking space on Daft for over 200 a month. Got about 15 inquiries in two weeks. Some from the likes of Premier parking who wanted to then sublet it. Others from individuals who had a budget from their workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

This Champions League business is good craic

What. The. Fúck.

That has to be the most insane two days of sport I've ever witnessed.

Football. Bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You'd have thought after last night that it couldn't really be topped for excitement and drama.

You'd have been wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

You have to feel sorry for Ajax. Still, fair play Spurs.

I’ve no idea how Lucas Moura feels, given I’ve never scored in the champions league, but I bet it’s fcuking awesome.

You have to feel sorry for Ajax. Still, fair play Spurs.

Wanted Ajax to go through personally. They’re a proper football club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ajax are beautifully technical across the pitch but goddang their players look tiny. No surprise a few long balls and bit of physicality did it for Spurs in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ajax were shattered in the second half. Gave it all in the first and went two nil up. Couldn't hack the pace in the second half get still missed two sitters.

So disappointed for them. They've built through their academy and some very astute signings. Frenkie De Jong is already moving to Barca and De Ligt will have every top club in Europe after him. This was their chance to make the final before the side is picked apart.

Clegg wrote: »
    Ajax were shattered in the second half. Gave it all in the first and went two nil up. Couldn't hack the pace in the second half get still missed two sitters.

So disappointed for them. They've built through their academy and some very astute signings. Frenkie De Jong is already moving to Barca and De Ligt will have every top club in Europe after him. This was their chance to make the final before the side is picked apart.

I think that's why it'll hurt them so much.

Ajax will be raided in the summer by Europe's big clubs. De Ligt is only 19 and the captain of Ajax. He will practically be able to pick his club. I think Barcelona will sign him as Piqué's replacement at centre half.

De Ligt would need to learn to clear a header though. His shambling attempt to clear that last ball in for Moura's goal cost them the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'll never forgive United for selling Blind. He's had a brilliant CL campaign for Ajax. He isn't a top class athlete, but makes up for it with excellent positioning. He's also so cool in possession and an asset when you want to build attacks from the back. Put the right system in place and you don't have to worry about his lack of athleticism.

He was a decent CB under LvG, prone to the odd howler when faced with a pacy attacker, but he generally played well. But when we changed managers we got rid of him sharpish because he wasn't a monster wall in defence. Now we're left with Smalling, Jones, Bailly and Ashley Young. Lads who sh1t themselves when asked to play a possession based game.

Clegg wrote: »
    I'll never forgive United for selling Blind. He's had a brilliant CL campaign for Ajax. He isn't a top class athlete, but makes up for it with excellent positioning. He's also so cool in possession and an asset when you want to build attacks from the back. Put the right system in place and you don't have to worry about his lack of athleticism.

He was a decent CB under LvG, prone to the odd howler when faced with a pacy attacker, but he federally played well. But when we changed managers we got rid of him sharpish because he wasn't a monster wall in defence. Now we're left with Smalling, Jones, Bailly and Ashley Young. Lads who sh1t themselves when asked to play a possession based game.

Speaking of centre halves, Van Dijk is currently the best in the world and would have been worth the money at 150 million, never mind the 75 they paid for him.

Yeah there was a big article in the Echo about how Liverpool contained Suarez last night, full of diagrams, screen shots etc.

They could have just written three words: Virgil Van Dyk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Gutted to have missed watching that. Went to bed at half-time thinking this was over, the North London side were fairly hopeless on the ball in the first 45.

Should have known they would take Ajax to the cleaners...can't ask any moura Tottenham really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Delighted for Spurs

I was very confident of them progressing before kick off, without Son & Kane 1-0 was a very respectable result in leg 1 and a very manageable deficit to head to Amsterdam with.

That said I thought it was well and truly tie over at HT. Amazing drama

Ajax will be sore for a long time, their injury time display was a sobering "how not to.." guide to game management. The one time they brought the ball to the corner flag they made an absolute shambles of it and instead of wasting valuable seconds throughout they appeared insistent on chasing another goal, with disastrous consequences. They're a very light weight side and to be honest if Spurs had a fit Kane I think they would have progressed comfortably over the 2 legs.

It sets up an intriguing final.

Spurs were very unlucky not to take a point from Anfield a few weeks ago and I think we can forget Liverpool's performance on Tuesday - there's precious little chance they'll muster that sort of miraculous performance up in the pressure cooker of a Champions League final. I could see it being a very cagey encounter, similar to the final last year. Luckily for Liverpool they have the ever reliable VVD and Becker defending their line on this occasion. Spurs are maybe carrying one or two passengers too many for me to have full confidence in them. Alli looks a busted flush already in his career, while Trippier was a one hit wonder at the world cup. That said occasions like this can bring out the hero in players

No prizes for guessing what the main subplot will be in the lead up, BT were already straight in on the act when interviewing Kane last night. Will he or won't he start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

jr86 wrote: »
    Delighted for Spurs

I was very confident of them progressing before kick off, without Son & Kane 1-0 was a very respectable result in leg 1 and a very manageable deficit to head to Amsterdam with.

That said I thought it was well and truly tie over at HT. Amazing drama

Ajax will be sore for a long time, their injury time display was a sobering "how not to.." guide to game management. The one time they brought the ball to the corner flag they made an absolute shambles of it and instead of wasting valuable seconds throughout they appeared insistent on chasing another goal, with disastrous consequences. They're a very light weight side and to be honest if Spurs had a fit Kane I think they would have progressed comfortably over the 2 legs.

It sets up an intriguing final.

Spurs were very unlucky not to take a point from Anfield a few weeks ago and I think we can forget Liverpool's performance on Tuesday - there's precious little chance they'll muster that sort of miraculous performance up in the pressure cooker of a Champions League final. I could see it being a very cagey encounter, similar to the final last year. Luckily for Liverpool they have the ever reliable VVD and Becker defending their line on this occasion. Spurs are maybe carrying one or two passengers too many for me to have full confidence in them. Alli looks a busted flush already in his career, while Trippier was a one hit wonder at the world cup. That said occasions like this can bring out the hero in players

No prizes for guessing what the main subplot will be in the lead up, BT were already straight in on the act when interviewing Kane last night. Will he or won't he start?

Mate this is the rugby forum! That is full on analysis that deserves to head over to the soccer forum :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement