Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Preview Nights 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Earendil wrote: »
    Seriously? Christ.
    Arctic Fire came after 400 days plus to win at the festival last year.

Big difference between a hcap and cship race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Seriously? Christ.

Big difference between a hcap and cship race
    With this stayers not really to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

HugoMyBoss wrote: »
    Has Gary O Brien been involved in any previews?

Was at the Graham's one in Belfast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Seriously? Christ.

A Stayers Hurdle? One of the most competitive and demanding races of the entire Festival?

Seriously? Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

aidankkk wrote: »
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Patrick Mullins talking down Penhill at previews.
    As is David Casey. As is Willie. And Ruby now telling punters in his love nest not to back Penhill either.

So how many lengths does Penhill win by?

Weird i heard he was flying. My bother has him as nap of the festival wont hear of defeat. Seems to short to me for one that hasn't run this year.

Great, it would make my week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Just after getting a deal €199 for gold cup day, ferry, transfer , tattersalls tickets the whole lot. Delighted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

akelly02 wrote: »
    Just after getting a deal €199 for gold cup day, ferry, transfer , tattersalls tickets the whole lot. Delighted!!!

Any more spaces 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

but1er wrote: »
    Any more spaces 😂

WAs 4 left last night and we took 3 so there could be one ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Motivator wrote: »
    A Stayers Hurdle? One of the most competitive and demanding races of the entire Festival?

Seriously? Christ.

The race they are running in is irrelevant. It's about the ability to get the horse to peak fitness.

I don't see much difference in Penhill running at Cheltenham without a run beforehand or what plenty of trainers do when they run a horse in December and go straight to the Festival which is what Penhill did last year - what's that like an 75-80 day break between races? Sam Spinner hasn't ran since December.

What's the alternative? Penhill runs in the Grade 2 race at Navan that Diamond Cauchois won where he'd have a hack round on heavy ground and then halve in price. Does that really have such a huge impact on his chances at Cheltenham? Mullins won't have left much to work on now in fairness. He's a bigger price than he would be had he had a prep run and I don't think it makes all that much of a difference.

If Penhill is 2nd or 3rd in the Stayers do you expect him to improve 10lbs at Punchestown?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

Would I be right in saying that tomorrow, Sunday all runners will be declared for Tuesdays races.

HugoMyBoss wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that tomorrow, Sunday all runners will be declared for Tuesdays races.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

What time generally WB

Will be in PP in morning around 10-ish

Be nice to see 100% confirmations for the 3 lesser races

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

ps - WB - Are u a good ew bet for the CH or with BD, Faugheen, Tent, Yorkhill and Melon also running should I ignore u :)

What time generally WB

Will be in PP in morning around 10-ish

Be nice to see 100% confirmations for the 3 lesser races

You need to have a BHA account to get immediate access to Decs unlike here with HRI site. Follow @AntepostPunter or @festivalracing on Twitter and they should have the fields around 10:30. Racing Post and PA Racing usually have it up straight away too on Twitter.

ps - WB - Are u a good ew bet for the CH or with BD, Faugheen, Tent, Yorkhill and Melon also running should I ignore u :)

No I couldn't trust WickIow Brave not to be left at the start. Was also hugely flattered at Punchestown. Opportunistic ride/other jockeys napping. Was the 5th best horse in the race.

Buveur D'air is too short. Went off 5s last year. He's a very good horse but priced as if he's Altior.

Faugheen ran as good as BD ever has in the Morgiana. Timefigures back that up. Bounced to the moon at Christmas. Improved on that at Leopardstown and I expect him to improve again.

Ignore Yorkhill outside of Cheltenham. He is *the* 'Cheltenham' horse. I expect him to run to his Neptune/JLT form.

Melon is still unexposed. I expect him to reverse with MTOY with the weight swing. Ignore last run where he didn't like the hood. Even small improvement on Supreme/International runs and he's into the 160s and near hitting the frame. On pedigree he wouldn't mind soft. He's a better horse than Elgin, Mick Jazz, and Chtibello imo.

Ground against likes of Verdana Blue, Charli Parcs, and John Constable.

1 Faugheen 2 Yorkhill 3 Melon

There ya go Roger. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Wow :pac:

FatRat wrote: »
    Wow :pac:

You know it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

4 Wicklow Brave...😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Anyone hear what Davy Russell had to say about Monalee Vs Presenting Percy? Did he have a choice or was his hand forced due to an arrangement with Reynolds/Presenting Percy connections?

Surely the preview night whore was asked about this somewhere across the country?

I wouldn't have went near Wicklow Brave but with the ground now looking more likely to turn up v soft, i think he could be worth a squeak!

Was codd involved in any of these? Gave plenty of good tips last year

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Was codd involved in any of these? Gave plenty of good tips last year

His brother died recently so I doubt he was up for doing one.

handsfree2 wrote: »
    His brother died recently so I doubt he was up for doing one.

Didn't know that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Anyone hear what Davy Russell had to say about Monalee Vs Presenting Percy? Did he have a choice or was his hand forced due to an arrangement with Reynolds/Presenting Percy connections?

Surely the preview night whore was asked about this somewhere across the country?

His mother passed away very recently.

paddybarry wrote: »

Only thought of that after posting. Explains why he maybe wasn't on the preview night circuit this year.

Rich ricci on atr with Chapman now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

paddybarry wrote: »
    In The Irish Field

Top jockey loses mother
    Davy Russell's mother Phyllis died peacefully last Saturday after a long illness.
    Her funeral mass took place in Youghal, Co Cork on Tuesday.
    She is survived by her husband Jerry and their six children.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone hear what Davy Russell had to say about Monalee Vs Presenting Percy?

In the pullout today in the Star:

"For Presenting Percy to be at his best, he needs good ground and there probably will be plenty of ease in the ground. That's a concern. He will have to put on a career best to win this RSA".

"Of the rest, I must say Monalee was impressive at Leopardstown the last day, he showed plenty of class and guts to come back from that fall at Christmas".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I went to Kiltale Saturday night for the preview night, puppy power and davy condon babs Keating leon blanche, scribble a few notes was well cut so bit fogey.

First day, shout for mossback 4.50

Wednesday, Dounkos in the rsa if runs. Cause of causes in cross country once soft won't be beaten, carefully selected in the champion bumper, shouts for Al boom photo in the rsa ew

Thursday invitation only and shattered love in the jlt, supersundee in the stayers all day, shouts for sub lieutenant Ryanair and Finians Oscar jlt.

Friday. Sadlier triump, gold cup a mind field shouts for definitely red total recall outlander, big chance native River and our Duke not keen on might bite.

Chairty bet, puppy went supersundee Davy condon went early doors the mc went farclar and leon blanche went Salture

The nap RP: Supersundee or vision des Flo's, DC went meglakahn ew, lb went laurina and glenlow ew BK went sortitout ew

Spelling awful but you can work it out.

Advertisement