Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Clytus wrote: »
    Folks figured out he was a Screw or Gardai. This new Oisdublin lad is literate, has good grammar, punctuation, spelling..not profiling as your typical drug dealing fukwit.

Plenty of screws have awful grammar, let me assure you! Hector had some half-corrrect info but much of it seemed late or second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

This is a very strange thread

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don't see why this would cause issues in the trial though. The issue seems to be centred more around whether Hutch was actually identified from the CCTV footage, or whether people were prompted to say "It's Patrick Hutch" without actually recognising him in the photo. Supposing the investigator did hand over such details to one of the heads of the rival faction - would that necessarily make the initial identification of the suspect inadmissable in court? As appalling and corrupt as that would be, it strikes me that it wouldn't have a material effect on the legitimacy of the trial, which is obviously the angle the defense are going for given that they've been calling for evidence to be excluded, and the trial has been suspended while that argument is ongoing.

It looked to me at the time that the Kinahans knew the identities of every hutch participant very quickly down to back up team, weapons providers, drivers and helpers.

s8n wrote: »
    This is a very strange thread

I know! But somehow I can’t help reading it even though I have no clue what’s going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Victim has been named now.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fatherofone-50-shot-twice-in-head-at-housing-estate-becomes-19th-victim-of-vicious-gangland-feud-37534638.html
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/man-40s-shot-dead-co-13598554

Was the reasoning behind his murder purely that he was a distant relative?
    Pure and utter scum (as if it wasn't already obvious).

I remember hearing the person that wanted 'them all dead, wipe them out' etc. But I thought she was referring to everyone involved in the Regency hotel shooting at every level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Omackeral wrote: »
    Plenty of screws have awful grammar, let me assure you! Hector had some half-corrrect info but much of it seemed late or second hand.
    He was implying that a certain twitter user was the person shot last night, which doesn't appear to be true. So he is probably bluffing. Maybe a wannabe on the lower tiers of the Kinahan ocg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Suckit wrote: »
    Victim has been named now.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fatherofone-50-shot-twice-in-head-at-housing-estate-becomes-19th-victim-of-vicious-gangland-feud-37534638.html
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/man-40s-shot-dead-co-13598554

Was the reasoning behind his murder purely that he was a distant relative?
    Pure and utter scum (as if it wasn't already obvious).

I remember hearing the person that wanted 'them all dead, wipe them out' etc. But I thought she was referring to everyone involved in the Regency hotel shooting at every level.

I'd say he was making them money somehow, I doubt they would bother with a distant relative, half of the inner city are probably distant relatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I just heard from someone who knew the victim saying that he wasn't the intended target last night. How true that is, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

pablo128 wrote: »
    I just heard from someone who knew the victim saying that he wasn't the intended target last night. How true that is, I don't know.

Did he say who the intended was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Any recommended twitter accounts to follow lads?
    I seriously havent a breeze, whats going on.

• Advertisement

tomofson wrote: »
    Did he say who the intended was?

He didn't. It was a lad who grew up with him that told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

He didn't. It was a lad who grew up with him that told me.
    Seems strange tho if he wasn't intended target, they waited for him outside his house, and he lived alone apparently, seems well planned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Seems a bit odd to me he was coming back from the match at the Aviva, shot around 9:15pm.........the game didn't end till 9:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Hoboo wrote: »
    Seems a bit odd to me he was coming back from the match at the Aviva, shot around 9:15pm.........the game didn't end till 9:30pm

The match was shocking, wouldn't say he was the only one that left early.

Strider wrote: »
    The match was shocking, wouldn't say he was the only one that left early.

:D He must have been gone at half time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Did he not sell stuff outside the stadium?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Street trader. Wasnt actually at the match.

Did he not sell stuff outside the stadium?

No idea, just read he was at the Aviva and home at 9:15pm. Just thought it odd, but game being sh**e or selling stuff would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

A certain other relative also sells stuff outside stadium spotted there last saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaintyDavy

ACAguy wrote: »
    A certain other relative also sells stuff outside stadium spotted there last saturday

Fitzy is it? i know he sells flags when the GAA games are on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

tupenny wrote: »
    Street trader. Wasnt actually at the match.

Nice house and cars for a street trader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I wonder if a criminologist has attempted to plot the extent of active gang members, regular but not active associates, family members (including in laws) just to get a rough estimate of the numbers who could well be killed at some point.

It's not just poor people who get shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's not just poor people who get shot.

I got the impression the implication was that he was earning more than they would expect for a street trader.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

Suckit wrote: »
    I got the impression the implication was that he was earning more than they would expect for a street trader.

Same here. It looked like two range rovers in the drive. Must be some money in street trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Johnson_76

Fireworks is big business this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Must have (had) a good after tax income

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

He was a widower and his father and grown son were in the house waiting for him. Very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Telly wrote: »
    He was a widower and his father and grown son were in the house waiting for him. Very sad

Yet idiots on here question his cars ffs if you were loaded would you be selling "hats , scarves and headbands"
    RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

Good luck to Gar Brophy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement