Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Suckit wrote: »
    A few twitter acounts seem to have gone down - wheatfield and others. More appearing, Insideman and others.
    Hector is accused of being flashy on the twitter feed and in here...

Mad the way anything goes. Everything seems to be mentioned.
    Cully has been mentioned too. I wouldnt worry about half those other accounts, At least 50% of them are Victoria speaking to herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

A few twitter acounts seem to have gone down - wheatfield and others. More appearing, Insideman and others.
    Hector is accused of being flashy on the twitter feed and in here...

Mad the way anything goes. Everything seems to be mentioned.

Any word on Billy 'Baked Beans?' I heard he's posting on twitter. I can't find him though.

Heard he was leaving the country???

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Shooting in Ballymun being reported just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Shooting in Ballymun being reported just now.

http://www.thejournal.ie/shooting-ballymun-shangan-green-4147610-Jul2018/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Any word on Billy 'Baked Beans?' I heard he's posting on twitter. I can't find him though.

Heard he was leaving the country???

When did he get released? I thought they would have kept him in for the full sentence considering the previous events he is suspected of.

I would imagine he will be monitored very closely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Was looking at Hectors tweets again and then noticed his Twitter profile pic. It's a picture of Foley in his cell. Same black jacket can be seen hanging on the cell door on pics he has put on FB. He also has a pic of himself and Cully.

Strongly suspect Hector is a spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

@Gadgetman, why do you have a random link to Madeline McCann's Wiki page in your signature? O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Clytus wrote: »
    Was looking at Hectors tweets again and then noticed his Twitter profile pic. It's a picture of Foley in his cell. Same black jacket can be seen hanging on the cell door on pics he has put on FB. He also has a pic of himself and Cully.

Strongly suspect Hector is a spoofer.

Like i posted earlier. Someone asked him for proof he was inside and he posted a phote off foleys facebook page with face and body features blurred. The exact image is on foleys fb page from over a month ago."Hector" has since deleted the image

Does anyone know who derek hutch snr confessed to killing before taking his own life back in 2009? the guy would have been missing since the early 90's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

tomofson wrote: »
    Does anyone know who derek hutch snr confessed to killing before taking his own life back in 2009? the guy would have been missing since the early 90's.

It's also very briefly mentioned in articles that he was a convicted rapist. Does anyone know the background to this?

While you can't choose your family, it sort of conflicts with the ordinary decent criminal rep the Monk liked to associate himself with (then again, for someone who despised heroin he seemed to surround himself with plenty of people actively involved with it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

How on earth does John Smith have pictures of Daniel Kinahan's 2017 passport? Either he is a gardai or they passed it to him. And when will the Irish media tell us something about the lead detective on David Byrne's murder committing suicide a few days after being ordered to disclose emails?! The media in this country is either a branch of the Oireachtas or red-top garbage. No wonder we all have to look at gossip on Twitter to find out what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Valmont wrote: »
    How on earth does John Smith have pictures of Daniel Kinahan's 2017 passport? Either he is a gardai or they passed it to him. And when will the Irish media tell us something about the lead detective on David Byrne's murder committing suicide a few days after being ordered to disclose emails?! The media in this country is either a branch of the Oireachtas or red-top garbage. No wonder we all have to look at gossip on Twitter to find out what's happening.

Theyre probably holding off in order to not prejudice an ongoing trial and risk making a conviction very difficult to obtain!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭declanleo

My apologies, the tweets were all the way back in February and not April as I'd mis-remembered.

She posted several tweets near the end of February about Colm Fox and the ongoing delay of the trial, of which these are the most interesting because they go beyond asking what happened, and implying she actually knows something.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/966808880683671552

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/967036387022254081

Could be a bunch of speculation or clickbait, but she seems to be a respected enough journalist as to make her unlikely to make these claims without having some knowledge that she's not revealing here.

I'm just scratching my head as to what it even could be, TBH. The whole thing is bizarre. The idea that Garda wrongdoing might have been involved in either that shooting or finding the suspects in its aftermath doesn't make sense to me at all - I just don't see either why they would have done anything dodgy and much less how they could have done anything dodgy related to it. The entire justice system was totally blindsided when that incident occurred, the idea that there's some conspiracy afoot just seems much, much too far-fetched for real life. Love/Hate or Breaking Bad, maybe.

Something very odd about no garda presence given what was attempted at the red cow

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭declanleo

This seems like as good a moment as any to point out that the nicknames we give these people are feckin' hilarious :D:D:D

Like can you imagine if history remembered Al Capone as Al "Bottle Cap" Capone, or Bugs Moran as Bugs "Bunny" Moran?

EDIT: it's particularly funny when the media do it without a flinch, like a serious, formal RTE reporter referencing "the trial of Fat Freddie Thompson" without even cracking a smile :D

Pmsl‚ Billy "baked beans" who is that?

Why do they want hanley dead so badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Why do thy want hanley dead so badly?

Read somewhere he's rumoured to be running things for the hutches now.

declanleo wrote: »
    Something very odd about no garda presence given what was attempted at the red cow
    I read somewhere that he was a Garda that passed info about Patrick Hutch onto Jaws Byrne after the Regency attack. He was then blackmailed by a certain senior Hutch associate. Again..that's just hearsay, but regardless of how much truth was in that story its clear something's amiss. This same Hutch member handed over details of a junkie he paid to hold a weapon in order to get a female Hutch member off the hook for firearms offences. I don't think Hanley is running the show. He's just a dealer taking advantage of the mess. A Hutch is running the Hutch side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I read somewhere that he was a Garda that passed info about Patrick Hutch onto Jaws Byrne after the Regency attack. He was then blackmailed by a certain senior Hutch associate. Again..that's just hearsay, but regardless of how much truth was in that story its clear something's amiss. This same Hutch member handed over details of a junkie he paid to hold a weapon in order to get a female Hutch member off the hook for firearms offences. I don't think Hanley is running the show. He's just a dealer taking advantage of the mess. A Hutch is running the Hutch side.

I'd agree with this.. A lot of questions need to be answered in public regarding the detective..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

declanleo wrote: »

This one passed me by, what was the incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement

Darren Kearns and Dathai Douglas had a shot at Bop Roe. Kearns considered the 2nd victim of fued. It all just seemed so strange that given the rapid escalation of tensions and attempted and actual murders, that a heavy Garda presence was missing from the Regency...it would have been interesting to have been present at Garda Risk Assessment that morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Darren Kearns and Dathai Douglas had a shot at Bop Roe. Kearns considered the 2nd victim of fued. It all just seemed so strange that given the rapid escalation of tensions and attempted and actual murders, that a heavy Garda presence was missing from the Regency...it would have been interesting to have been present at Garda Risk Assessment that morning.

Was kearns defo involved in that botched hit?

thebull85 wrote: »
    Was kearns defo involved in that botched hit?
    That's a question that only those involved could truly answer. But then again, following the Regency attack, Cumberton was given a fairly substantial pool of cash to find and identify targets responsible...Michael Barr was identified quickly enough. I suppose when offered enough money,those who had information could have been bought easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Pretty sure that breaks all kinds of charter rules

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Collie D wrote: »
    Pretty sure that breaks all kinds of charter rules

What does? The post above?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Barr

It was also in a ton of papers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

thats some ropey wiki page,

a true patriot eh lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

I read somewhere that he was a Garda that passed info about Patrick Hutch onto Jaws Byrne after the Regency attack. He was then blackmailed by a certain senior Hutch associate.

How would a Hutch have evidence that a Garda was in bed with the Byrnes? Why would he use it for blackmail? Effective state collusion would probably be worth a compo payout like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

One that mods deleted since. I intentionally didn't quote it.

I doubt a garda have had to give over information about PH it was obvious it was him from the picture.

• Advertisement

I doubt a garda have had to give over information about PH it was obvious it was him from the picture.
    I'm only repeating what I read or heard...nothing that's not in the public domain...but it just seems strange to me that what ever has been discovered has spooked the States legal team to postpone the trial of PH until the investigation in the circumstances of Det Supt Fox's death is fully clarified. It's clear the State is not confident of a successful prosecution with this issue lurking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement