Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

The jist seems to be that there was contact between people that there shouldn't have been in contact between..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

My apologies, the tweets were all the way back in February and not April as I'd mis-remembered.

She posted several tweets near the end of February about Colm Fox and the ongoing delay of the trial, of which these are the most interesting because they go beyond asking what happened, and implying she actually knows something.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/966808880683671552

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/967036387022254081

Could be a bunch of speculation or clickbait, but she seems to be a respected enough journalist as to make her unlikely to make these claims without having some knowledge that she's not revealing here.

I'm just scratching my head as to what it even could be, TBH. The whole thing is bizarre. The idea that Garda wrongdoing might have been involved in either that shooting or finding the suspects in its aftermath doesn't make sense to me at all - I just don't see either why they would have done anything dodgy and much less how they could have done anything dodgy related to it. The entire justice system was totally blindsided when that incident occurred, the idea that there's some conspiracy afoot just seems much, much too far-fetched for real life. Love/Hate or Breaking Bad, maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

Regarding the Garda angle -- anything is possible. All the staggering amounts of money to be made in the drug trade sucks in everything. The white collar side does not get reported on too much apart from end users helping themselves to coke in leafy suburbs.

Do school dropouts control sophisticated drug importation/distribution networks at the higher end really? There's plenty of foot soldiers and street dealers sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'm just scratching my head as to what it even could be, TBH. The whole thing is bizarre. The idea that Garda wrongdoing might have been involved in either that shooting or finding the suspects in its aftermath doesn't make sense to me at all - I just don't see either why they would have done anything dodgy and much less how they could have done anything dodgy related to it. The entire justice system was totally blindsided when that incident occurred, the idea that there's some conspiracy afoot just seems much, much too far-fetched for real life. Love/Hate or Breaking Bad, maybe.

Patrick with respect I think youre being a little bit naive here to not see the potential angles. Im not going to speculate specifically on this case as we are not allowed.

However above you say it seems to be that a conspiracy is too far fetched for real life. But only recently we have a real life example of what is possible when AGS and international drug traffickers conspire and work together. We have seen this with the Kieran Boylan heroin trafficking affair and the involvement of senior Gardai in it. They were protecting a convicted heroin trafficker from up on high and god only knows how much money was changing hands while the streets were being flooded with drugs. It is so unbelievable that is sounds like the work of fiction but it is very real and grounded in facts
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/02/13/the-appalling-vista/
    Often life is stranger than fiction and the above is clear evidence of that

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

One of the obvious questions is how was there no Garda presence at the Regency weigh-ins? They'd previously mentioned there would be yet there was no sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Patrick with respect I think youre being a little bit naive here to not see the potential angles. Im not going to speculate specifically on this case as we are not allowed.

However above you say it seems to be that a conspiracy is too far fetched for real life. But only recently we have a real life example of what is possible when AGS and international drug traffickers conspire and work together. We have seen this with the Kieran Boylan heroin trafficking affair and the involvement of senior Gardai in it. They were protecting a convicted heroin trafficker from up on high and god only knows how much money was changing hands while the streets were being flooded with drugs. It is so unbelievable that is sounds like the work of fiction but it is very real and grounded in facts
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/02/13/the-appalling-vista/
    Often life is stranger than fiction and the above is clear evidence of that

You think the Boyle stuff is indicative of potential Garda involvement in And you seem to be relying on the surveillance accusations of which there was no evidence. Do you think you might be a bit quick to believe anything negative about the Gardaí.

One of the obvious questions is how was there no Garda presence at the Regency weigh-ins? They'd previously mentioned there would be yet there was no sign.

Not hard to understand. There is a chronic shortage of manpower on the frontlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

You think the Boyle stuff is indicative of potential Garda involvement in And you seem to be relying on the surveillance accusations of which there was no evidence. Do you think you might be a bit quick to believe anything negative about the Gardaí.

Not hard to understand. There is a chronic shortage of manpower on the frontlines.

You a guard?

You a guard?

No, I am your father. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Could be a bunch of speculation or clickbait, but she seems to be a respected enough journalist as to make her unlikely to make these claims without having some knowledge that she's not revealing here.

are you having a laugh ? A respected journalist ??

she is a low level populist conspiracy theory sprouting hack who would blacken her own other if it got her a second of publicity

she is the embodiment of the fringe lunatic and is a tweet away from the joe douccys and stephen mannings of this world

mynamejeff wrote: »

she is a low level populist conspiracy theory sprouting hack who would blacken her own other if it got her a second of publicity

she is the embodiment of the fringe lunatic and is a tweet away from the joe douccys and stephen mannings of this world

She's won a fair few journalistic and documentary awards for a conspiracy loon, in fairness...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemma_O'Doherty#Awards

And according to this article she also exposed a scandal which was described as the biggest cover-up in the history of the state, when it happened.

Sounds fairly credible to me, but maybe times have changed and she's not the journalist she used to be?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

She's won a fair few journalistic and documentary awards for a conspiracy loon, in fairness...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemma_O'Doherty#Awards

And according to this article she also exposed a scandal which was described as the biggest cover-up in the history of the state, when it happened.

Sounds fairly credible to me, but maybe times have changed and she's not the journalist she used to be?

2011 GSK Irish Medical Media Awards (Consumer Print Media)
    2016 Award of Merit at IndieFEST Film Awards
    2012 International Journalism Festival

hardly Woodward and Bernstein now is she ?
    Its all about Chemtrails and fringe politics from her ,

she is a crackpot simple.

if

Im just making the point in the context of hatrickpatricks post that collusion between senior Gardai and a high level heroin traffickers has happened in the past. Not sure what surveillance accusations you are on about but it is pretty much accepted by all stake holders that senior Gardai were involved with Kieran Boylan in the heroin trade. Unless you are disputing that fact? Because that would put you at odds with Enda Kenny, Pat Rabbitte, Brendan Howlin and Alan Shatter, all who have raised the seriousness of the Boylan affair in the Dail. On top of that John Mooney of the Sunday Times has been reporting reliably on it for years and GSOC have a live investigation into it, one which has been blocked by senior Gardai at every turn according to themselves.

mynamejeff wrote: »

Maybe you would provide some substance to your post as to why you think she is a "fringe lunatic" or is name calling her as good as your point gets? Perhaps she has exposed too much rot in AGS for your liking ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

That twitter account has named the two arrested yesterday with the revolver, another account gives pictures of lads arrested

Pete Taylor also replied to him after a tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

That twitter account has named the two arrested yesterday with the revolver, another account gives pictures of lads arrested

Pete Taylor also replied to him after a tweet.

Which account is this, PM me if you cant post it please

Im just making the point in the context of hatrickpatricks post that collusion between senior Gardai and a high level heroin traffickers has happened in the past. Not sure what surveillance accusations you are on about but it is pretty much accepted by all stake holders that senior Gardai were involved with Kieran Boylan in the heroin trade. Unless you are disputing that fact? Because that would put you at odds with Enda Kenny, Pat Rabbitte, Brendan Howlin and Alan Shatter, all who have raised the seriousness of the Boylan affair in the Dail. On top of that John Mooney of the Sunday Times has been reporting reliably on it for years and GSOC have a live investigation into it, one which has been blocked by senior Gardai at every turn according to themselves.

You're making a fair big leap between what went on with Boyle and your insinuations on the death of a serving officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,624 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

You're making a fair big leap between what went on with Boyle and your insinuations on the death of a serving officer.
    Would you be surprised if he was correct ?

Yes. Very much so.

Yes. Very much so.
    I'v no idea if any of it is true but it wouldn't surprise me ,
    I think u'd be silly to think there isn't a possibility that some Garda couldn't be bought,
    Surely the world has thought you it is at least a possibility and wouldn't be a huge shock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭benny79

Which account is this, PM me if you cant post it please

Me too if you dont mind

• Advertisement

benny79 wrote: »
    Me too if you dont mind

G'wan then I'm in..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

No need for pm's . Just go to his twitter account and tap tweets and replies . Its the last one in there .
    There you will also find the other interesting tweeters , when you tap into their tweets .

No need for pm's . Just go to his twitter account and tap tweets and replies . Its the last one in there .
    There you will also find the other interesting tweeters , when you tap into their tweets .

Yeah but I dont know who we're talking about. any help ?

I think u'd be silly to think there isn't a possibility that some Garda couldn't be bought,
    Surely the world has thought you it is at least a possibility and wouldn't be a huge shock

Of course there is the possibility a Garda can be bought. But there is absolutely nothing to indicate any such thing was a factor in that death.

not yet wrote: »
    Yeah but I dont know who we're talking about. any help ?

Pete Taylor. https://twitter.com/PeteTaylor01/with_replies

The person you're looking for is @JohnSmith something, AKA "The Whistleblower, and there are quite a few accounts who get involved in public conversations with him who seem to know quite a lot of insider stuff about all this. I'm guessing (not certain, but guessing) that "The Whistleblower" is someone who used to be involved with MGM / MTK long before the gang war began and therefore knows individuals from both sides, from before they fell out. But that's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mattser

So much for ' speculation ' in the mods note. Thread littered with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2865041/hutch-kinahan-cartel-chilling-facebook-bullet-post/

"Gary Hanley posted a photo of a box of bullets on Facebook with the message 'Just found these pills to cure all Kinahan lovers"

At least do it anonymously FFS :)

http://www.thejournal.ie/garda-gun-charge-4133727-Jul2018/

"The man (25) is due before the courts at 10.30am. A second man who was arrested at the same time was released without charge. A file is being prepared for the DPP."

Of course there is the possibility a Garda can be bought. But there is absolutely nothing to indicate any such thing was a factor in that death.
    I never said there was I simply asked would you be surprised if it came out that it was the case,
    I don't want to disrespect the Garda or his family who have been through a lot, I'm simply saying in this day and age nothing involving the Garda would surprise me and you'd naïve to think its not possible,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭benny79

Pete Taylor. https://twitter.com/PeteTaylor01/with_replies

The person you're looking for is @JohnSmith something, AKA "The Whistleblower, and there are quite a few accounts who get involved in public conversations with him who seem to know quite a lot of insider stuff about all this. I'm guessing (not certain, but guessing) that "The Whistleblower" is someone who used to be involved with MGM / MTK long before the gang war began and therefore knows individuals from both sides, from before they fell out. But that's just a guess.

Pete Taylor only sent 1 tweet to him and he replied once thats it.. But the lads arrested over the guns 1 has been named in the news the other was released without charge! how on earth
    I dont know but there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

benny79 wrote: »
    Pete Taylor only sent 1 tweet to him and he replied once thats it.. But the lads arrested over the guns 1 has been named in the news the other was released without charge! how on earth
    I dont know but there you go.

If he wasn't the driver he could argue that he didn't know the gun was in the car and was only getting a lift.

I seen in one of the papers the suspected target posted a box of bullets saying it was the cure for all kinahan lovers.

This individual may also be behind a certain twitter account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement