Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

So, first of all you can't just drive by the drive its a cul de sac, so I can only assume you were visiting people there...

As you drove past how do you know it had been boarded up for a while. why do you assume 10 people have lived there. so many questions..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

benny79 wrote: »
    Cant agree with all of that.. I grew up in 1 of those areas and was born in 79.. Yes there was gangs, junkies everywhere.. but you could walk around they only dished out hidings to those that owed money etc but house break in's and robberies would of been high. I seen a armed robbery in the bookies 1 Saturday walking home from the scouts!

Dont recall many gangland killings not by today's standards there be probably 2 or 3 murders a year and there be outrage at each one of them!

The crumlin drimnagh fued must have been near 20 year ago now Benny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

If they got kinehan in the regency shooting the repercussions wouldnt have been as severe. Shooting a Byrne made it very personal.
    Suckit wrote: »
    Rumour has it, the 'order' or 'wish' to wipe them all out came from a Byrne.

I've heard that said in multiple threads and comment sections like these, which is why I always call this the Kinahan/Byrne-Hutch feud. I've read a lot the main players in this feud in the media from both before and after the Regency (gives you a better understanding of what's likely accurate and what's likely media spin) and in all honesty Liam Byrne sounds like a far more frightening and dangerous guy than Daniel Kinahan does.

Here's an article about him from all the way back in 2000 when apparently he was only 20 years old:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/court-told-of-intimidation-as-sentence-is-extended-1.1057342
    A witness in the case was forced to leave her home, was the subject of an assassination plot and was badly injured in an assault outside a courtroom after giving evidence in the case.

The case attracted little attention and the woman was not included in the State Witness Protection scheme and received no special compensation for ordeal. She was at one stage living in B&B accommodation and was virtually penniless.

In March last year Liam Byrne (21) of Raleigh Square, Dublin, received a four-year sentence for an assault on a former League of Ireland soccer player, Mr Trevor Donnelly, at the Abrakebabra take-away in the Crumlin Shopping Centre on April 23rd, 2000.

Seven weeks before the assault,Byrne had received a four-year suspended sentence for armed robbery. When he was convicted of the assault, the suspended sentence was activated and he was sent to prison.

The Court of Appeal yesterday ruled that the decision to run the four-year sentence for assault concurrently with the robbery sentence was too lenient. It extended his sentence by two years, giving Byrne an effective six-year sentence for assaulting Mr Donnelly.

Byrne attacked Mr Donnelly with a baseball bat and struck him a number of times on the head, leaving him with permanent injuries.

During his trial last December, the court heard that he had repeatedly threatened Mr Donnelly's girlfriend and mother of his two children, Ms Jennifer Doyle.

Gardaí described Byrne as a particularly vicious young career criminal and a central figure in one of the largest drug-dealing gangs in south inner Dublin.

Then there's this...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/dublin-man-seriously-injured-another-with-baseball-bat-1.1122105

Not someone you want to piss off, that's for sure :eek:

Also, this is the kind of thing I always bring up in other threads, regarding people who just have a fundamentally violent personality. These are the cases in which decades-long jail time needs to be brought back, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The crumlin drimnagh fued must have been near 20 year ago now Benny.

10. I think the Viper was shot in 2008 and the feud was one of the motives looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

10. I think the Viper was shot in 2008 and the feud was one of the motives looked at.

It started in 2001 so seventeen years at this stage

• Advertisement

He is dealing for the kinahans in the ballymun area, I have no idea why he was targeted, but it was hutch gunmen who fired the shots.

Mad mickey didn't pull the trigger at hanlons corner I believe he drove the getaway car.

And buda molyneux killed mad mickey. He had a reputation for robbing drug dealers all around Dublin too, as did bottler.

Greg lynch, one of Dublins top heroin dealers, I have no idea the reason they wanted him gone but I would say the kinahans organized it.

These people where all part of the one gang back then and they used to back stab each other and have each other killed at the drop of a hat over stupid things.

He is still alive but survived an attempt on his life back in january, I dont think I am allowed to name him.

Finn done a few contract killings and I would say he was out of use so they just got rid of him, Ennis apparently because of his relations with Buda. But others say buda set him up to be murdered so its a complex one to figure out why he was killed.

• Advertisement

For the love of Jaysus lads, fix your [/QUOTE] tag! Reading your discussion here is head-meltingly confusing, the first line of each of ye're posts is actually the last line from the person you're quoting :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

That's an awful lot of questions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I've heard that said in multiple threads and comment sections like these, which is why I always call this the Kinahan/Byrne-Hutch feud. I've read a lot the main players in this feud in the media from both before and after the Regency (gives you a better understanding of what's likely accurate and what's likely media spin) and in all honesty Liam Byrne sounds like a far more frightening and dangerous guy than Daniel Kinahan does.

It wasn't Liam Byrne that I heard ordered/wished it.

Maybe not, just a rumour I've heard online that this is basically his personal vendetta to avenge his brother. It would also explain Fat Freddie's alleged involvement as I think he's a close cousin of theirs?

Tbh I don't know much about their family apart from the two brothers. Is there just one closely related Byrne family in Dublin 12? It's a common enough name?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

D'Mammy..?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Just on the confusion about the Devoy brothers and who was behind the botched hit in Ballymun. Here's my take from reading in between the lines....

It all started at the attempted hit on Greg Lynch ( a Kinahan man). Mickey Devoy was apparently behind it.

Mickey Devoy taken out as a result.

Here's where I think people are getting confused ( Although i'm very much open to correction if I'm wrong)

This was pre Gary Hutch remember, so the Hutch associates were contracted by the Kinahans to take out Mickey.

Now fast forward and Bottler gets released from prison, the whole landscape has changed. Although it was the kinahans that ordered the hit on his brother, it was carried out by Hutch guys. Who he sides with is unclear, but from what I have read the guys who took out his brother felt he was a threat and decided to take him out, hence the botched attempt.

Sound about right?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Just on the confusion about the Devoy brothers and who was behind the botched hit in Ballymun. Here's my take from reading in between the lines....

It all started at the attempted hit on Greg Lynch ( a Kinahan man). Mickey Devoy was apparently behind it.

Mickey Devoy taken out as a result.

Here's where I think people are getting confused ( Although i'm very much open to correction if I'm wrong)

This was pre Gary Hutch remember, so the Hutch associates were contracted by the Kinahans to take out Mickey.

Now fast forward and Bottler gets released from prison, the whole landscape has changed. Although it was the kinahans that ordered the hit on his brother, it was carried out by Hutch guys. Who he sides with is unclear, but from what I have read the guys who took out his brother felt he was a threat and decided to take him out, hence the botched attempt.

Sound about right?

I doubt it, he hadn't made any sort of move or attempt at retaliation before since his release from prison.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Great to see our mandatory sentencing for possesion of a gun being ignored by the judiciary.

This mug should have been locked up for 10 years for possesion of a sawn off shotgun. Instead he got 3 years (minus 1 year automatic remission)

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/innocent-family-defies-criminals-intimidation-campaign-after-man-left-with-lifechanging-injuries-37141443.html

Why do our government insist on allowing judges go against mandatory sentencing.

And we wonder why these gangs continue to operate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

tomofson wrote: »
    I doubt it, he hadn't made any sort of move or attempt at retaliation before since his release from prison.

Then why was he targeted?

Seems like if he wasn't a threat things would be left alone, just my take.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Then why was he targeted?

Seems like if he wasn't a threat things would be left alone, just my take.

A couple of reasons come to mind, one may be personal reasons between him and hutch gang members, another may be to get at the kinahans pockets as he is the main organizer in the ballymun area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Liam Byrne has no influence anymore..if anything he's toxic to the Kinahan OCG. The feud is being bankrolled by Bomber and driven by Jaws and his wife.

John Smith certainly has a lot of insider information. Other twitter accounts are suggesting John Smith is actually two close female associates of the Hutches....or could be Mago.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Anyone know the delay in fat freddies case, Seems to be taking a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Benteke wrote: »
    Anyone know the delay in fat freddies case, Seems to be taking a long time
    Remanded for judgement tomorrow

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/court-to-deliver-verdict-in-freddie-thompson-murder-case-1.3516211

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Clytus wrote: »
    Liam Byrne has no influence anymore..if anything he's toxic to the Kinahan OCG. The feud is being bankrolled by Bomber and driven by Jaws and his wife.

John Smith certainly has a lot of insider information. Other twitter accounts are suggesting John Smith is actually two close female associates of the Hutches....or could be Mago.
    The new twitter page from a self proclaimed Jailed Kinahan killer is intresting

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

No Freddie isn't back up till October. Due to the rulings made within the Voir Dire

Clytus wrote: »

That John Smith account has no insider information. It is information that is well known in circles. And it isn't a female either, and definitely not mago he hasn't the intelligence.

Who's the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭benny79

Whats his handle? or name? Its mad though in all fairness how the countries biggest ever gangland feud is getting played out on social media to an extent! Even 50 cent & Mayweather are going at it over social media! what happened to the world....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Who's the page?
    Hector

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement