Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Hanley doesn't seem to be making himself too hard to get, the papers have a new picture of him every other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

CAB investigation gives rare insight into how business of crime works.

The investigations by the Criminal Assets Bureau into the financial dealings of the organised crime group led by Dublin man Liam Byrne give an insight into the business of crime at the highest level in Ireland.

Read the full article:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

I take it many of you have took a snoop at the Facebooks of some of the friends and associates of both sides in this. It's amazing to see how people who are clearly friends with those who have been killed on the one side (or are one person away from that) are, in some cases, appear to be friends with relatives of main figures perpetuating the war on the Crumlin end. Fair enough, most people on Facebook under the age of 24 have more FB friends than they have people they'd speak to on an annual basis, it's still bizarre mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Mike Hoch wrote: »
    I take it many of you have took a snoop at the Facebooks of some of the friends and associates of both sides in this. It's amazing to see how people who are clearly friends with those who have been killed on the one side (or are one person away from that) are, in some cases, appear to be friends with relatives of main figures perpetuating the war on the Crumlin end. Fair enough, most people on Facebook under the age of 24 have more FB friends than they have people they'd speak to on an annual basis, it's still bizarre mind.
    Yep..and your right, so many of those household names were all pals at one stage. I think after Mick Keoghs murder a lot of those we'll known guys made their FB accounts private. I still think Jamie Tighe was shot simply because he was good friends with Buda, which was obvious from his FB. But when you do have a snoop, you quickly realise too, that all those involved are husbands, fathers, brothers, sons..real people with real lives.

Clytus wrote: »
    Yep..and your right, so many of those household names were all pals at one stage. I think after Mick Keoghs murder a lot of those we'll known guys made their FB accounts private. I still think Jamie Tighe was shot simply because he was good friends with Buda, which was obvious from his FB. But when you do have a snoop, you quickly realise too, that all those involved are husbands, fathers, brothers, sons..real people with real lives.

The son of one of the main players has several Hutch females on the friend list and a handful of male friends of the deceased.

Of course, most people under the age of 25 have upwards of 4000 people added, of which I'd doubt they even know or have ever met 10 percent of them, it seems to be a popularity contest, or young lads adding every bird they can find. It's still very odd though- do kids today on the buke have so many friends they don't know that they plain forget who is on their list? For example, one family member from the Crumlin end (not implicated in crime to my knowledge) seems to be best mates with a guy from the north inner city who has posted tributes to murdered friends on the Hutch side from his locale. He has numerous friends among the thousands who from their profile have been close friends with deceased Hutch members. It beggars belief that these people can pal around with people who, if what is true is true, their older male relatives, be they brothers, dad, even grandfathers, are involved in all this. How can you put that to the back of your mind? Or even if they have never met, that they have the family members of people wiping out their own family listed as FB friends, people who can see their status, photos and location if they choose to share it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Why don't guys run fronts for tax purposes.

You can't just be a gangster with a lambo parked outside of a council house.

Launder the cash through businesses an pay your tax. Show legitimate income.

CAB can't touch you then.

Why don't guys run fronts for tax purposes.

You can't just be a gangster with a lambo parked outside of a council house.

They do. They were using a front company to own high end cars that were officially out on a never ending test drive from the garage.

One thing that is too small fry, non physical, or too fixed to seize is clothing, home improvements, nights out and holidays. Ironically some of these people are finding themselves in trouble for having bought their council house rather than having rented it forever. Just like John Gilligan- if he'd kept his rather than buying it he wouldn't be on his arse like he is now.

Because the 2 most powerful agencies of the State operate an inverted process of establishing guilt or innocence. Instead of innocent until proven guilty, Revenue and CAB requires you to prove income and assets came from legitimate sources.
    Byrne and McGovern ran LS Active car sales in Blubell between 2013 and 2016. They never filed any accounts, imported just 1 car yet held a stock worth nearly half a million euro.
    The Byrne's made the fatal error of thinking they could act with impunity and thumb their nose at the State. It doesn't mater who you are or how big a Tony Montana you think you are...once the State identified the Kinahan/Byrne gang as enemies of the State, their whole operations were doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,420 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Except for the laundering cash bit, which is illegal, and detectable. For any cash business, Revenue can compare it against comparable businesses - whether taxi or chipper or laundry - and will have a good idea as to what the legitimate income is going to be.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    thats some ropey wiki page,

a true patriot eh lol

No mention of the large stash of drugs found in his mother's house that she took the rap for :pac: How many more of their own men, rival dissidents and regular criminals have dissidents killed in the last 20 years compared to members of the armed forces? I'd say it's about 50- 4 by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Crime thug Liam Byrne to have house with six jacuzzis, a cinema and a playground seized.

Byrne is currently hiding in the UK fearful that if he returns to Ireland he will either be shot or arrested.

fa650e351e.jpg

Byrne’s house in Raleigh Square in Crumlin is seen as the ultimate goal of CAB – the property stands out from the other properties in the suburb.

Inside there are six bedrooms with ensuite jacuzzis, a cinema, a swimming pool and a garden hot tub.

A source said: “This house is now to be seized by CAB – it will be a big blow for the Byrnes to see that house taken from them.

“People are delighted they are being dealt with – the Byrne gang are hated in the area.”

Source:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Crime thug Liam Byrne to have house with six jacuzzis, a cinema and a playground seized.

Six jacuzzis, FFS, I know it wasnt you that said it come on thats a bit much for a council house even if it has extensions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bmc58

CeilingFly wrote: »
    No-one gives two hoots when scum murder scum.

Only person really interested is paul Williams so that his hysterical sensationalist assessments can be on every news broadcast on Newstalk.

Means radio one for me tomorrow.

Thankfully Williams is on holiday from Newstalk at the moment and we will be spared his stuttering and stammering and know all mouthings for the monent.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

Rags saying cancer made a secret trip home for a friend's child's christening,that's the best one yet.

Deco Barry wrote: »
    Rags saying cancer made a secret trip home for a friend's child's christening,that's the best one yet.

Sure Christy Sr is having a stroke or heart attack from stress and thinking of having to pay child support according to the news. First world problems!!

A little bit off topic
    But I just seen John Gilligan srutting around Nielstown with two teenage friends
    Looks like he doesn’t have a care about his safety

A little bit off topic
    But I just seen John Gilligan srutting around Nielstown with two teenage friends
    Looks like he doesn’t have a care about his safety

Eamon Kelly thought the same way. Young guns these days dont give a flying...

Clytus wrote: »
    Eamon Kelly thought the same way. Young guns these days dont give a flying...

He must be back from exile
    He was heading towards his brothers house

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

Sure didn't he even state himself that he and cancer senior have no bad beef,he went on to try prove this by saying christy gave him a slice of his birthday cake 20 years ago in Portlaoise.😂But I've no doubt there are hitmen all over the city that would take the scalp of gIlligan in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Shooting in Shangan Ballymun, maybe linked to the shooting 2 weeks ago, she was visiting the hospital.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/woman-19-hospitalised-following-suspected-shooting-incident-in-dublin-861240.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Just got sent a video on WhatsApp of the ERU bursting thier way into Bottler Devoy's house this evening.
    Looks like they set off a couple of flashbang or percussion grenades on their way in for good measure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Just got sent a video on WhatsApp of the ERU bursting thier way into Bottler Devoy's house this evening.
    Looks like they set off a couple of flashbang or percussion grenades on their way in for good measure.

Any chance of posting the vid?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

No mention of the large stash of drugs found in his mother's house that she took the rap for :pac: How many more of their own men, rival dissidents and regular criminals have dissidents killed in the last 20 years compared to members of the armed forces? I'd say it's about 50- 4 by now.

That's actually mind blowing... They're now their own enemy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You can edit the wikipage yourself and add to it... ;):pac:

There's a crappy timeline here (in terms of information).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9318_Irish_gangland_feud

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Six jacuzzis, FFS, I know it wasnt you that said it come on thats a bit much for a council house even if it has extensions

Was Raleigh Square built by Simms and Dublin Corpo like the rest of Crumlin/Drimnagh? The wide, bricked houses there seem to be of a radically different style to the narrower, pebbledash style usually seen in council houses around there. You sure it's a council house, and is it possible that it might have a basement?

I do remember an article about a previous CAB raid in the area which suggested that armoured "bank vault" style doors had been installed at various points inside the gaff. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

thebull85 wrote: »

https://youtu.be/Hd1rhwj0OSA

Hopefully this works. They could actually be shots that were fired now that I've watched it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

thebull85 wrote: »

https://youtu.be/HXnzTwXJMiw

Hopefully this works. They could actually be shots that were fired now that I've watched it again.

The reaction from the videographers there is unintentionally hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The reaction from the videographers there is unintentionally hilarious.

I'm about as far from an internet killjoy as you can get, but personally I don't think so. It seems funny until you realise that people like those filming, who most probably live in this neighbourhood, have to live among utter scumbags wherein this kind of scary sh!t is a regular occurrence, because our judges refuse to strap on some f*cking balls and lock these people up for long enough to render them incapable of this kind of carry on.

I can't imagine living in a place like that. I've had friends living alongside what used to be regarded as South Dublin's most dangerous flats complex until its demolition last year, and it's not remotely funny having regular "incidents" like this once the sun goes down, to the point at which it becomes an expected part of "night time". :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Some screech - I lol'd

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement