Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9/9+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Joekers wrote: »
    Just got the update, phone bought through Eir.

Must be an S9 and not the S9+ as zilch still here with EIR on billpay
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Yes S9 is what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

It's out for S9+ now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone have issues connecting to car bluetooth since the update?
    My phone is recognised by Ford Sync but it's very hit and miss if it will play spotify.
    Before the update it was flawless.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

yabadabado wrote: »
    Anyone have issues connecting to car bluetooth since the update?
    My phone is recognised by Ford Sync but it's very hit and miss if it will play spotify.
    Before the update it was flawless.

Was going to ask the same thing. Ford Audio for me too. It sometimes just doesn't connect at all. I have to restart the phone (S9+ VF). It has happened a couple of times with my Galaxy Watch too. Other than that I like the update. Battery life has definitely improved, especially with power save mode off.

• Advertisement

All good for me in my Skoda. Although, ever since I switched to Android, music sounds as if only 1 speaker is player. Does'nt bother me too much.

LFCFan wrote: »
    Was going to ask the same thing. Ford Audio for me too. It sometimes just doesn't connect at all. I have to restart the phone (S9+ VF). It has happened a couple of times with my Galaxy Watch too. Other than that I like the update. Battery life has definitely improved, especially with power save mode off.

I have to turn off/on the bluetooth on the phone to get it to work but that doesnt always sort the problem.

morritty wrote: »
    All good for me in my Skoda. Although, ever since I switched to Android, music sounds as if only 1 speaker is player. Does'nt bother me too much.

That might be a setting in your car, or your phone.
    I use mine in my Skoda and it works perfectly. Definitely worth checking out the audio settings

That might be a setting in your car, or your phone.
    I use mine in my Skoda and it works perfectly. Definitely worth checking out the audio settings
    I've tried everything, I think it needs a different Bluetooth module made for streaming. no biggie though, I have an SD card for for everything I need or want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Hi I just got the S9 on a good deal with my provider in Spain... Does anyone use the BIXBY thing? Seems like a waste of a button..... IS it equivalent in functionality to GOOGLE, ALEXA, SIRI?

thanks

• Advertisement

not many people use it. Google assistant is much better.

Hi I just got the S9 on a good deal with my provider in Spain... Does anyone use the BIXBY thing? Seems like a waste of a button..... IS it equivalent in functionality to GOOGLE, ALEXA, SIRI?

thanks

I never use Bixby and you can change the functionality of the Bixby button if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Is the PIE update worth installing on the S9+?

I think so, No change to battery really, Night mode is nice especially now with dark notifications and im a fan of the gestures over the nav bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Battery life is my main concern. I've had most of the S series and everytime I get a major update, it decreases the battery life significantly. I end up having to turn a lot of features off just to get a day out of the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Battery life is my main concern. I've had most of the S series and everytime I get a major update, it decreases the battery life significantly. I end up having to turn a lot of features off just to get a day out of the battery.

I feel the same way. Since the Pie update battery life has diminished. Not in a too severe way, but just enough to be noticeable. Hopefully it won't deteriorate further.

What's night mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

What's night mode?

Basically turns most of the UI from white to grey/black, making it easier on the eyes at night.

morritty wrote: »

Thanks for that. I am still on Android 8.0. I think I have to wait for 9.0.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a pie feature. You can download a black theme from samsung themes, but it seems to leave the notifications white.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I'm on a 9+ dual sim.
    A few things I noticed since I installed the update...

Turning it face down to mute an incoming call no longer works eventhough the feature is switched on.

Often when I take the phone from my ear at the end of a call i have to swipe up the pull down menu to access the hang up button. That's the menu you swipe down from the top with the notifications.

Battery life is poorer.

Half the screen taken up with just the title when I go into contacts, messages etc.

The dictionary is screwed up. Not autocorrecting word like before, offering odd ball suggestions when typing and not auto capitalising names as before.

No problem with Ford Sync as mentioned above. Still works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

My always on display has stopped working. Only seems to come on a couple of times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

mccard wrote:
    My always on display has stopped working. Only seems to come on a couple of times a day.

Tap the screen twice on on it pops

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

bikerjohn wrote: »
    Tap the screen twice on on it pops

Ah didn't notice that change. So it's the 'sometimes on display'.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

mccard wrote: »
    Ah didn't notice that change. So it's the 'sometimes on display'.

Cheers!

You can change it in the settings to be either tap to show or fully always on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

It seems ( or at least i'm reading) the Snapdraon variant has far superior battery life than the Exynos. With the in mind, would it be worth investigating an unlocked US version? Any cons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Customs?
    What about 4G bands...is the US version different?

Edit what about S10+ €860 from Eglobal Central EU for the SD 855?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/#/product/28494

Edit 2..sorry that's the S10 and this the the S9 thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Is there anywhere that applys the whitestone screen protector for the S9+ in Dublin? Really don't want to do it myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hoping for a quick answer here :pac:

I put a new plastic screen protector on my s9+ yesterday the same ones i bought on Amazon before but noticed its coming up slightly no matter how much i press it down on the bottom left of the screen.

Does anyone know of any places i could get another plastic one that covers the full screen before the end the week? Something i can just go and pick up ideally!

Advertisement