Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9/9+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

sellasheep wrote:
    One of the reasons I've decided against S9 plus is because of the size of it in my hand. Hope the camera isn't s huge downgrade on the S9.

Depends if u want the extra 2 gb ram + extra battery + extra cam...i got s9 plus due to these reasons..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dubrov

I've got to say I've found the s9 a poor upgrade over the s8. I never really used the fingerprint scanner and the camera was already good enough on the s8. For day to day use I don't feel any improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Depends if u want the extra 2 gb ram + extra battery + extra cam...i got s9 plus due to these reasons..

Same here and I felt the S9+ was (and is) better proportioned than the regular S9 given the form factor

Only thing I'm missing on it is dual SIM. I reckon it'd be useful as I carry 2 phones anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I have a 128gb G965 S9+ for sale if any interest. Absolutely mint. Unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Same here and I felt the S9+ was (and is) better proportioned than the regular S9 given the form factor

Only thing I'm missing on it is dual SIM. I reckon it'd be useful as I carry 2 phones anyway.

The dual sim variant is very handy. I bought an S9+ dual sim a few weeks ago and I love it, I also carry 2 phones most of the time (personal and work devices) so it’s handy to have it all on the one device. I tried diverting etc in the past and whereas it works for calls, texts etc don’t divert.. It also supports 2 WhatsApp accounts which is very handy for the same reasons as above. Another cool feature is if one sim is out of service the phone will automatically divert to the other sim, handy if both are on different networks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

What screen protectors are people using on the s9?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭lolie

Has anyone managed to activate the Fm radio on the S9 bought on irish networks or is it even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

lolie wrote:
    Has anyone managed to activate the Fm radio on the S9 bought on irish networks or is it even possible?

Need to use Nextradio apk. Just Google

Which screen protector is everyone rocking on this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Which screen protector is everyone rocking on this ?

Most the plastic ones on amazon are grand.

There all basically the same once they cover the screen fully there fine.

I have this one on the last few months https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C55HMSX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭lolie

Need to use Nextradio apk. Just Google

They installed the nextradio apk but it's saying the phone doesn't have the software for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

lolie wrote:
    They installed the nextradio apk but it's saying the phone doesn't have the software for it.

lolie wrote:

The phone needs to be unlocked. It should work!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The phone needs to be unlocked. It should work!

Mine's unlocked.. no joy.

Or do you mean running unbranded/stock firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Lads,

Has anyone bought an international version of the Samsung S9+ ? Looking to get one for a Christmas present. Was in a shop on Parnell street today, and they were selling them for €650 for the 128GB version, model SM-G965F/DS. Seriously tempting.

Just curious if anyone has bought and is using one, as its way cheaper than any of the SIM free 64GB versions out there.

Is there any loss of functionality or anything over a UK/Ireland version of the phone? Is there any issue with warranties etc.?

I'm on the Vodafone network.

Thanks...

TheBigEvil wrote:
    Has anyone bought an international version of the Samsung S9+ ? Looking to get one for a Christmas present. Was in a shop on Parnell street today, and they were selling them for €650 for the 128GB version, model SM-G965F/DS. Seriously tempting.

Buy from Amazon.de for peace of mind...u will get 64 gb version around 600 quid..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

So apparently this is happening ....

Pie rolling out on the S9 and S9+

So 2 questions really :

1) has anyone gotten the update in Ireland yet ?
    2) I just got a 9+ a couple of days ago - should I grab this or hang back and see if there's bugs lurking ?

Just downloading it now will update if there is any bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

kevez wrote: »
    Just downloading it now will update if there is any bugs
    Did you buy unlocked or on a network? I bought on Vodafone and only got an update the other day but no sign of Pie update

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Did you buy unlocked or on a network? I bought on Vodafone and only got an update the other day but no sign of Pie update

Mine is a dual sim unlocked version

• Advertisement

Did u get it from amazon...i just got a 61 mb update to dec security patch..

Edit: Got update after installing december patch...s9+ from amazon germany...happy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I got a small update but no android P as of yet

MarkY91 wrote:
    I got a small update but no android P as of yet

If its dec security update..pie update will follow...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

If its dec security update..pie update will follow...

That's it. I'm looking forward to trying it out. Nothing as of yet.

I'm currently in the Philippines using a Filipino SIM card until 10th January. Should the affect when I get the update?

Just installed it there.
    just one thing thats noticeable, previously my phone freaked out about my WiFi. It was hopping from 2.4 to 5 Ghz.
    Thats now sorted, so worth the upgrade for that alone.

Edit: and WiFi calling. That seems useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Is the update available on three or only carrier free phones for the moment?

I got the December security patch update but no pie yet.

jay28 wrote: »
    Is the update available on three or only carrier free phones for the moment?

I got the December security patch update but no pie yet.

Looks like unlocked devices

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone that got the phone through virgin media get the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The Darkness

I recently got an S9 plus and I'm having a big problem with the music on my SD card - a 128 GB, SanDisk Ultra XC1 Class 10.

The issue is that it doesn't seem to read/see a large proportion of the music files on it; in that the files are still there somewhere, taking up space, but seemingly invisible to any apps or music players on the device. And they're nowhere to be seen when I plug it in to my laptop either; so effectively cannot be deleted or replaced also. The files that are visible work fine, so it's clearly not a compatibility issue; but it has me completely stumped otherwise.

As you can imagine, this is really annoying. I have a 100+ gigs of music on there, predominantly in mp3, flac and wav formats.
    And I'd like to be able to listen to it, as I use my phone extensively as a music player.

Does anyone know what the likely issue is?

And/or how to remedy it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sounds like a problem with the SD card, particularly if it's happening with the laptop too. I'd suggest you try repairing the SD card through Windows Command Prompt. I'm assuming you have WIndows? If so, plug your SD card in and open My Computer or Windows Explorer to find out what drive letter your SD card is (for this example I'm going to assume it's E:). Hit the Windows key and R together to get the 'Run' window open, type cmd and hit enter.

In the command prompt, type chkdsk e: /offlinescanandfix and hit enter. This will run a scan of SD card and repair any issues it can find. Once the scan is complete, see if the inaccessible music is now accessible.

I had an issue with my last SD card whereby it kept causing the phone to freeze. The music on it was accessible, for a while, but after a random amount of time it would go offline. It would work in the laptop, and I could scan it, but ultimately I had to replace the SD card as it just wouldn't work in the phone.

Advertisement