Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9/9+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Checked the missus phone about an hour ago and the was ready to download (s9plus on virgin media) . Its downloaded and all but typical she didn't charge her phone and only had 14% so it'll have to wait a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭jamesd

My s9 is on Eir and the update is available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

Did you buy the phone from eir?

Just checked my phone with 3, and no luck yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

It just appeared on my Note 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

jamesd wrote: »
    My s9 is on Eir and the update is available now.

No such luck with my S9+ on Eir.
    I live in hope.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Sometimes they randomise access to update downloads to prevent overloading servers. So it can be pot luck.

I got it on a 3 issued Note 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭jamesd

morritty wrote: »
    Did you buy the phone from eir?

No Amazon Spain.

jamesd wrote: »
    No Amazon Spain.

Ah ok, the network makes no difference in your case, it's an unlocked phone so you got the software as soon as Samsung released it to Spanish phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

How's everyone finding Android Pie?

Initially I HATED it but now I'm used to it and like it. The new app tab section where you flick them closed makes me forget that I've lsods of apps open so I'm not too sure what to make of that yet.

When I take a photo using WhatsApp, it immediately zooms In a bit for some reason. Something annoying I noticed.

WhatsApp icon on notifications is blue when the real icon should be green.

Overall liking it so far. Apparently the Google pixel camera app works well on Pie?

• Advertisement

Pie was available for me last night on 3
    I have the S9

You're all killing me, and i hate Eir :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Still no updates for the S9+ on Eir....

Anyone notice any battery improvement?

Mine was horrendous the day of the update but now it seems to be overall lasting longer

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Anyone notice any battery improvement?

Mine was horrendous the day of the update but now it seems to be overall lasting longer

Haven't noticed anything yet. Slight decrease yesterday perhaps, but I was playing around with it a lot yesterday

bogman wrote: »
    Still no updates for the S9+ on Eir....
    Maybe another 6 weeks for Eir. If we're lucky. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Pie update arrived this morning for S9 on Vodafone.
    Version: G960FXXU2CSA6/G960FOVF2CSA1/G960FXXU2CRLI
    Size: 1828.91MB
    Security Patch level: 1 January 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Anyone getting random reboots since the update? I have woken up at least twice to the phone having rebooted durning the night.
    Also happened once while I was using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Anyone having problems with NFC on Android Pie? Only able to top up my Leap card when I have close to full battery on my S9+. As soon as it drops below 70%ish I can't interact with any NFC tags. It'll sometimes open the app when it detects a tag but errors out any time you try to do a sustained read.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone getting random reboots since the update? I have woken up at least twice to the phone having rebooted durning the night.

I haven't had that happen.Updated it about 10 days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Just downloading the update now. S9+ on Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah about to download the new software update for my S9 on Vodafone bill pay. Hoping it’s going to be good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you have 'Auto Restart' switched on?

Settings > Device Care > Menu > Auto Restart

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Davy wrote: »
    Do you have 'Auto Restart' switched on?

Settings > Device Care > Menu > Auto Restart

Nope, thanks for the suggestion though.
    Saw on reddit others have reported similar reboots, assume it's a rare enough problem at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Updated to it on my S9+ (VF image) 2 days ago... no reboots or issues so far.

Not sure I like it though. Seems a bit "dumbed down"? Or maybe it's that it screwed up my theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Updated to it on my S9+ (VF image) 2 days ago... no reboots or issues so far.

Not sure I like it though. Seems a bit "dumbed down"? Or maybe it's that it screwed up my theme.
    I feel the same, it looks a bit childish with the logos...i preferred it when there wasn't a white background around half of them. Time to look for an icon pack or something.

I hated it at the start too but now I'm really used to it. Sure it's a little too white but there's a night mode which helps. For an alternative to plain white.

I have nova launcher her installed. I might disable it for a few days and check out the proper stock Samsung Android Pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I use Nova years but went with a theme called "Gold and Carbon" from the app that makes it a lot more pleasing to the eye IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Just got the update, phone bought through Eir.

• Advertisement

Damn you haha still nothing for me.

Advertisement