Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9/9+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I have Kaspersky Battery Life installed, which doesn't do anything unless you ask it to, but when you do it'll identify apps that are consuming power and give you the option to kill them off. I find it useful to identify what's actually causing the issue, which indirectly helps to extend the battery life.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kaspersky.batterysaver&hl=en_GB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Still nothing regarding Android pie.

My phone is unlocked and bought from one of them stores in town near capel street

Firmware version: g960fxxs2brk3

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Anyone have any experiences with pie on the s9 yet ?
    Has been ready for install for last couple of days (s9 dual SIM unlocked from Amazon) but I'm holding off just in case there are battery /stability/ camera issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

MarkY91 wrote:
    My phone is unlocked and bought from one of them stores in town near capel street

near Capel st?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dubrov

MarkY91 wrote:

I've the same firmware version which has three UK branding.

Nothing yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

fmul9798 wrote:
    Anyone have any experiences with pie on the s9 yet ? Has been ready for install for last couple of days (s9 dual SIM unlocked from Amazon) but I'm holding off just in case there are battery /stability/ camera issues...

All working great...

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

I've an unlocked S9+ on eir. Has anyone received update to pie yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

No Irish release yet. What region is your phone from?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

morritty wrote: »
    No Irish release yet. What region is your phone from?

I presume it's the exynos variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,915 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Upgrade time for me

Thinking of going from S8 too the new S10 or whatever it's called

Hoping for Better battery life, faster processor and they continue the Sd card holder cause I have all my pictures/videos on one now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Im an S9* owner coming from a Nexus 6P and a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 before this, don't like Samsung bloatware and the general software interface including Bixby, for this reason I wont be buying another Samsung any time soon and would suggest you wait for the release of the Huawei P30 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why is the camera so incredibly crap on these phones and the Note 9

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

My mains charger seems to have packed in. What's the best one to buy? Another official Samsung one or are there any third parties with the same fast charge.

Kinda bored of Samsung. Had each yearly version since S5.

Anyone else thinking of jumping ship? Or maybe waiting until the S10 reveal?

I original hoped the pixel 3 would be good but the notch is horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Kinda bored of Samsung. Had each yearly version since S5.

Anyone else thinking of jumping ship? Or maybe waiting until the S10 reveal?

I original hoped the pixel 3 would be good but the notch is horrendous

I've the S9+ and started with the S1 and ya like yourself fancy a change possibly Xiaomi next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Why is the camera so incredibly crap on these phones and the Note 9

Thats sacrilege around here. The camera on the Note 9 is horrendous but god forbid I would express that fact.

Truckermal wrote: »
    I've the S9+ and started with the S1 and ya like yourself fancy a change possibly Xiaomi next time.

Took me from the first time the notch appeared until the past week or so to stop despising any phone with it. I don't have a choice anyway as it's the future. So I'll just go with it. My brother has the Huawei p20 lite that looks decent. The battery life on them are meant to be amazing

I've been obsessed with getting a pixel mostly for the camera but the notch is just TOO big.

I'll look into the latest Xiaomi.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Thats sacrilege around here. The camera on the Note 9 is horrendous but god forbid I would express that fact.

It really is, and for that price, it's daylight robbery by Sam Ng. Hurts my eyes even looking at photos from Samsung's Note and S9 range.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Took me from the first time the notch appeared until the past week or so to stop despising any phone with it. I don't have a choice anyway as it's the future. So I'll just go with it. My brother has the Huawei p20 lite that looks decent. The battery life on them are meant to be amazing

I've been obsessed with getting a pixel mostly for the camera but the notch is just TOO big.

I'll look into the latest Xiaomi.

Can't you just turn off the notch. Who needs that two corners of screen that is there when it's on, might as well just turn it off and leave it off.

Can't you just turn off the notch. Who needs that two corners of screen that is there when it's on, might as well just turn it off and leave it off.

Yeah I only became aware of turning the notch off recently which eases me into the idea of buying a notch phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Truckermal wrote: »

Just changed from the s9 to the mate 20 Pro. I would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dubrov

MarkY91 wrote:

P.i update now available for download for this firmware version

dubrov wrote: »

Still nothing for me in manual update section :(

So we can expect Eir to update in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

dubrov wrote: »

Likewise on a note 9 from three

3 have pushed out their Pie update already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

morritty wrote: »
    3 have pushed out their Pie update already?

Just got it on a Note 9

Nice, hopefully Eir will follow soon

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tyres

Anybody out there using a third party camera app like Camera MX or something similar??

Really struggling with the S9+ camera to take decent pics.

Using AUTO mode on Samsung stock camera, I don't really veer to much away from AUTO as it can be a pain trying to configure settings ahead of taking a picture.

Any suggestions on how to improve my current, dull blurry photos????

• Advertisement

I thought it might be an idea to ask eir's web chat about an eta on the update.

Never again.
    [eir]
    Hello, thanks for contacting eir Web chat service. How can I help you?
    [me]
    Hi there, Since Android Pie has now been released in Ireland by Samsung. Is there any ETA as to when Eir will be releasing their firmware for the S9+?
    [eir]
    You wish to have a new mobile phone?
    [me]
    Never mind.

Advertisement