Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

TA at tv shows with sh*t actors.
    Watching criminal minds and a woman just found out her husband and 3 kids were butchered to death.
    Her reaction to the news was to sit there looking like she needed to sneeze, possibly suffering from some mild hay fever for about 5 minutes.
    Not the kind of reaction you’d expect from hearing your whole family was wiped out unexpectedly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

New neighbours I have yet to meet keep parking their tractor in my space and are now driving said tractor round the yard at 9pm on a Friday.
    I know they probably assume most people won't care at 9pm on a Friday, but it is seriously disturbing my Friday night plans (that consist of me being in bed, watching telly and eating chocolate...!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

SusieBlue wrote: »
    TA at tv shows with sh*t actors.
    Watching criminal minds and a woman just found out her husband and 3 kids were butchered to death.
    Her reaction to the news was to sit there looking like she needed to sneeze, possibly suffering from some mild hay fever for about 5 minutes.
    Not the kind of reaction you’d expect from hearing your whole family was wiped out unexpectedly!

Maybe she didn't like them that much. Either that, or she's the culprit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Banged my leg off the table

EarlyFrigidArcticfox-max-1mb.gif
    73Cat wrote: »
    I feel your pain:(. My youngest even when being weaned as a baby clamped her mouth shut at most things. She has never even eaten a mouthful of mashed potato in all her 6 years. Refuses point blank to eat any vegetable, and never has, so how does she even know she doesn't like them? She doesn't even like the stuff kids are meant to like, fishfingers, waffles, sausages etc. Dinner time has always been a total nightmare, she exists on pasta with pesto sauce, black pudding, chicken dippers and pizza. She will eat some lamp chop off her Dad's plate or beef from the Chinese. Breakfast is dry cereal as she hates milk. It breaks my heart especially as I have offered her every type of proper, cooked from scratch food under the sun since she was old enough to eat and am met with stubborn refusal.
    She wouldn"t eat a toasted ham and cheese sandwich as it wasn't like the one in the cafe
    TA fussy headstrong children !

Sounds like me when I was that age :o, I grew out of it thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sounds like me when I was that age :o, I grew out of it thankfully.[/quote]

To be honest , I was the same. My mother doesn't know how I survived childhood, she says I lived on fresh air :). It's payback time !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

73Cat wrote: »

To be honest , I was the same. My mother doesn't know how I survived childhood, she says I lived on fresh air :). It's payback time !!

Well actually I still can be fussy sometimes :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

My friend the big feckin moron; I told him about a book I am really enjoying at the minute and he went and told me how it ends and spoiled it for me. He does it with films and tv shows as well. Grrrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Anyone else have one of those weeks where you literally cannot stop eating?
    I’ve been inhaling everything in sight all week. I feel gross yet I keep going.
    I only had a Chinese an hour ago and I’m already eyeing up the chocolate in the cupboard.
    Why am Iyk dis :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Anyone else have one of those weeks where you literally cannot stop eating?
    I’ve been inhaling everything in sight all week. I feel gross yet I keep going.
    I only had a Chinese an hour ago and I’m already eyeing up the chocolate in the cupboard.
    Why am Iyk dis :(
    Oh yes, I think it might be a fatten yourself up for winter sort of thing, I get it bad at this time of year. Fear not spring is on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The PC doesn't connect to the Wi-Fi automatically, even though I tick the "connect automatically" box every f*ckin day.

I hate the never ending cycle that happens when sharpening cheap as sh1t pencils - part of it doesn't sharpen properly, I try to pare that bit, the nib falls out, start sharpening again, pencil gets smaller, part of it doesn't sharpen properly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

TA more snow and I only bought one bread, I am so ducked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

The typical class "mate" in my school quite frequently says that somebody they're talking with/next to wants me.

Do they even mean it though? Sick liars.
    Would you be able to translate this into English please?

Alright. In quite a few instances, some of my classmates lie to me that somebody near them wants to talk with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

People who are smoking them vapor cigarettes because that's what they are and blow it all around. Fine if they want to put that poisein into their body and destroy themselves while been some companies experiment fine but don't blow it in my face or anyone else that does not want that poison in their body thank you. I swear the next person that does that near me is going to get winded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Also, when you go to dinner at a friends house, and they say "be here at x time", and you arrive, at x time, only to find that they haven't even STARTED preparing dinner yet. Cue a two-hour wait to actually eat.

Isn't it usual to have dinner almost ready when your guests arrive, give or take 15-20 mins for drinks and chatting? I'd rather relax and chat after dinner is over, not have to run out the door as soon as you've helped load the dishwasher because it's getting late.

It can work the other way. I was invited for dinner one time, I factored in 30 mintues drink/chat time, so was in no great rush. She had the dinner ready to serve at the arranged time, so it was dried out in the oven by the time I got there. The atmosphere was as enjoyable as the meal. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I stood on my fecking glasses and made sh1te of them. Despite realigning them and getting them 99% straight. They are still not quite level on my nose.

I think that I have the start of a cold sore.

I really need to take off my make up and brush my teeth but with a few drinks in me it's too much like a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I stood on my NEW fecking glasses and made sh1te of them. Despite realigning them and getting them 99% straight. They are still not quite level on my nose.

I think that I have the start of a cold sore.

I really need to take off my make up and brush my teeth but with a few drinks in me it's too much like a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

When ya get a message off Markus! :O Feels like I've been bold and gonna get banned or something! :o:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I got hit by methotrexate tiredness this evening, so went to bed at 8.30... and woke up at 11.30 pm, as I'm not a great sleeper.

Been awake since, with methotrexate hangover. :(

Also, have to take son to the parade tomorrow as he's marching, and walk to a good spot for watching, then stand in the cold. I know it's a small thing, but with psoriatic arthritis it is the kind of thing I dread. On certain days. He'll be proud as punch though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I got hit by methotrexate tiredness this evening, so went to bed at 8.30... and woke up at 11.30 pm, as I'm not a great sleeper.

Been awake since, with methotrexate hangover. :(

Also, have to take son to the parade tomorrow as he's marching, and walk to a good spot for watching, then stand in the cold. I know it's a small thing, but with psoriatic arthritis it is the kind of thing I dread. On certain days. He'll be proud as punch though :)

That was something I could have written, sodding metho and sodding psoriatic arthritis..bit more than a TA...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Co-worker: are you going to the parade tomorrow?

* sharp intake of breath *

Me: "I don't have kids..

I am not a tourist..

Bagpipes / uileann pipes / sh*t marching bands are not fun and are painful to listen to..

I don't want to see the local dance / karate / soccer / GAA youth group doing hip-hop dance / karate chops / keepy-uppys / solos etc.

I don't enjoy being crammed in beside screaming kids shouting that they can't see / didn't get sweets / ate too much sweets or just general crying..

I don't care what topical subject my local bakery uses for the direction of their float design. It'll hardly be high-brow or topical.. maybe I'm wrong and it'll be the Syrian War or that Kim Kardashian has an ever-inflating arse!..

Float.. car.. float.. taxi.. lorry.. tractor.. lorry.. float.. taxi.. car.. marching band.. minor celebrity.. car.. car.. car.. car. Take out the fluff and you've 3 minutes of potentially worthwhile stuff there..

The goddamn weather? Whoever or whatever is up there and controls the weather obviously doesn't enjoy the parade either..

Another year, another opportunity to see couples warring outside a local pub pissed at 4pm in the day. Probably 4 out of the last 5 years I've seen a woman crying while her boyfriend walks off in a huff..

So, that's a no.."

Actually, I don't know if this is a TA or a "deep seated A"..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Basq wrote: »
    Co-worker: are you going to the parade tomorrow?

* sharp intake of breath *

Me: "I don't have kids..

I am not a tourist..

Bagpipes / uileann pipes / sh*t marching bands are not fun and are painful to listen to..

I don't want to see the local dance / karate / soccer / GAA youth group doing hip-hop dance / karate chops / keepy-uppys / solos etc.

I don't enjoy being crammed in beside screaming kids shouting that they can't see / didn't get sweets / ate too much sweets or just general crying..

I don't care what topical subject my local bakery uses for the direction of their float design. It'll hardly be high-brow or topical.. maybe I'm wrong and it'll be the Syrian War or that Kim Kardashian has an ever-inflating arse!..

Float.. car.. float.. taxi.. lorry.. tractor.. lorry.. float.. taxi.. car.. marching band.. minor celebrity.. car.. car.. car.. car. Take out the fluff and you've 3 minutes of potentially worthwhile stuff there..

The goddamn weather? Whoever or whatever is up there and controls the weather obviously doesn't enjoy the parade either..

Another year, another opportunity to see couples warring outside a local pub pissed at 4pm in the day. Probably 4 out of the last 5 years I've seen a woman crying while her boyfriend walks off in a huff..

So, that's a no.."

Actually, I don't know if this is a TA or a "deep seated A"..

You just reminded me of a story from St Patrick's Day last year or the year before.
    My husband and I went into town trying to find somewhere to have a meal. We walked by an Italian place he likes and it was open so we went in. It was around 3pm or so. There was us, an older couple (probably in their 70s), a couple with 2 kids, a fella eating on his own and then, this couple came in.
    They were both wearing Ireland rugby jerseys and I'm pretty sure Ireland had lost the match that same day.
    So this couple came in and were quite drunk, the man was quite jovial and jokey but the woman was like an antichrist and had a face on her from the minute she walked in.

So anyway, because the place was quiet and it was early in the day, the same waitress served everyone. She was a young girl, probably 17 or 18, kind of shy but looked after us all well and seemed to be good at her job.

So anyway, all the other tables were at starters stage and the drunk couple just wanted pizzas so the drunk woman had asked the waitress a few different questions about the pizza menu and the waitress was very nice, answering them all, she had to go into the kitchen twice to double check some things with the chef.
    Now, the whole place could hear everything the drunk woman was saying because she was so loud and she struck me as someone who is probably loud when she's not that drunk.
    Next thing, they got their food and we hear the drunk woman ask the waitress "can I ask you something?" and the waitress says "yep, go ahead" and the drunk woman asks her "is there a reason why you're being so rude to me?" Well you'd want to see all of our faces!
    The drunk woman continues saying the waitress had been rude to her since she walked in and she got such a rude vibe off of her and all this baloney. The drunk man was mortified as well, kept telling her to shut up. In fairness to the waitress she handled it so well, kept apologising if she came across as rude and saying it wasn't her intention blah blah blah. But that wasn't good enough for the drunk woman so the manager of the restaurant went up and she was less than impressed with the drunk woman, basically told her to finish her food and leave.

So the drunk man, looking mortified and sobered up, got up from the table and the drunk woman followed him. He paid for his food and she to the drunk woman, she could pay for her own and could make her own way home. So she spilled the contents of her handbag out on the floor looking for money, paid for her food and left. Then we could hear her screaming bloody murder chasing after the drunk man.

The drunk woman looked so normal apart from the fact that she was so drunk. She was young, probably the same age as me, her make up was lovely, her hair was lovely, she had a pair of expensive jeans on and a designer handbag but imagine what it was like in her house the next morning? THE FEAR.

The lovely waitress was still looking after us all but had obviously been in the back crying and everytime she went over to one of the tables, everyone was giving her a little pep talk, telling her she was great etc and as everyone was leaving (we all kind of finished up eating around the same time) they left big tips for her.

That is the first story I think of when I think of St Patrick's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

AMKC wrote: »
    People who are smoking them vapor cigarettes because that's what they are and blow it all around. Fine if they want to put that poisein into their body and destroy themselves while been some companies experiment fine but don't blow it in my face or anyone else that does not want that poison in their body thank you. I swear the next person that does that near me is going to get winded.

I have chronic asthma and they actually make me really wheezy, much more than regular cigarettes do.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

erica74 wrote: »
    You just reminded me of a story from St Patrick's Day last year or the year before.
    My husband and I went into town trying to find somewhere to have a meal. We walked by an Italian place he likes and it was open so we went in. It was around 3pm or so. There was us, an older couple (probably in their 70s), a couple with 2 kids, a fella eating on his own and then, this couple came in.
    They were both wearing Ireland rugby jerseys and I'm pretty sure Ireland had lost the match that same day.
    So this couple came in and were quite drunk, the man was quite jovial and jokey but the woman was like an antichrist and had a face on her from the minute she walked in.

So anyway, because the place was quiet and it was early in the day, the same waitress served everyone. She was a young girl, probably 17 or 18, kind of shy but looked after us all well and seemed to be good at her job.

So anyway, all the other tables were at starters stage and the drunk couple just wanted pizzas so the drunk woman had asked the waitress a few different questions about the pizza menu and the waitress was very nice, answering them all, she had to go into the kitchen twice to double check some things with the chef.
    Now, the whole place could hear everything the drunk woman was saying because she was so loud and she struck me as someone who is probably loud when she's not that drunk.
    Next thing, they got their food and we hear the drunk woman ask the waitress "can I ask you something?" and the waitress says "yep, go ahead" and the drunk woman asks her "is there a reason why you're being so rude to me?" Well you'd want to see all of our faces!
    The drunk woman continues saying the waitress had been rude to her since she walked in and she got such a rude vibe off of her and all this baloney. The drunk man was mortified as well, kept telling her to shut up. In fairness to the waitress she handled it so well, kept apologising if she came across as rude and saying it wasn't her intention blah blah blah. But that wasn't good enough for the drunk woman so the manager of the restaurant went up and she was less than impressed with the drunk woman, basically told her to finish her food and leave.

So the drunk man, looking mortified and sobered up, got up from the table and the drunk woman followed him. He paid for his food and she to the drunk woman, she could pay for her own and could make her own way home. So she spilled the contents of her handbag out on the floor looking for money, paid for her food and left. Then we could hear her screaming bloody murder chasing after the drunk man.

The drunk woman looked so normal apart from the fact that she was so drunk. She was young, probably the same age as me, her make up was lovely, her hair was lovely, she had a pair of expensive jeans on and a designer handbag but imagine what it was like in her house the next morning? THE FEAR.

The lovely waitress was still looking after us all but had obviously been in the back crying and everytime she went over to one of the tables, everyone was giving her a little pep talk, telling her she was great etc and as everyone was leaving (we all kind of finished up eating around the same time) they left big tips for her.

That is the first story I think of when I think of St Patrick's Day.

Sounds like the drunk couple were 'plants' so the waitress could get sympathy tips....i joke, i joke, i joke!

The f8cking weather this morning. I'm not going anywhere today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I cannot deal with fussy eaters AT ALL. There are no children in my future but if on another plane I had one and it turned out to be a picky eater I'd have to leave it on orphanage steps somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just had to bring someone to mass. Forgot how much I dislike mass. Ya. Mass is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Just had to bring someone to mass. Forgot how much I dislike mass. Ya. Mass is crap.

I don't care about mass and religion either. I dropped religion in 3rd year, and I'm not going back to it again.

In recent years, I had to go to my nephews' baptisms, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I go to weddings, baptisms and the like probably once a year.

But spend the time looking around ensuring I stand when everyone else is standing, kneel when I'm unsure if I'm supposed to sit etc.

Christ (*no pun intended*), it's like a dance routine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I am in a coffee shop and there is a guy who has taken off his sandals and is now has bare feet on a table. This is not okay. I might need therapy to recover from the ordeal of seeing that.

I stepped in a big pile dog S**t :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I stepped in a big pile dog S**t :mad:

It drives me crazy when people don't clean up after their dogs, especially when they have the size of a female brown bear. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement