Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

anna080 wrote:
    I never realised how gross it was either. Literally washing the dishes in their own filth! Uck! And don't even get me started on how many times my rolled up sleeve dropped down into the water. Rage

As someone much funnier than me once said on Twitter, there is nothing that says "single" quite like trying to pull your unrolled sleeve back up with your face while doing the dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Don't you girls/guys have maids?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

T'ad Same old Liverpool , beat a big club one week and get beaten by a minnow the following week!

we have machines that do it now!

One day The machines will rise and with that kind of attitude, you'll be doing their washing :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I hear you! It was really difficult to find a place in the UK with a dishwasher and eventually we gave up so we don't have one. I'm so gutted, I absolutely hate washing dishes. It feels like washing clothes by hand or something, just totally prehistoric and unnecessary because we have machines that do it now!

Number 1 on the priority list when me and my partner were looking a new apartment was a dishwasher....we'd have well broken up by now if we hadnt managed to fine one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

New commute today. 40 minutes. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When I lost the sink plug I started washing directly under the running tap and I much prefer it now. No plunging hands into dirty dishwater.

The thing with not having a dishwasher is, dishes have to e dne straight away, as they come. I can't stand dirty dishes sitting there waiting to e washed.

It's not that much hassle when you get used to it but at first I was fairly disgruntled when my dishwasher broke.

I'm actually glad I saved hundreds plus the electricity by not replacing it and it feels a bit better on the environment too. The same with the tumble dryer...I no longer miss it and kind of enjoy line drying clothes.

Sorry, I forgot my TA: I have been supporting someone for ages and now that I've disagreed with them on one tin thing they've turned on me. That's the thanks ya get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Was cleaning last night and found the restaurant voucher I bought my in-laws for Christmas in the cupboard. My boyfriend "forgot" to give it to them.
    I am a mixture of absolutely mortified and seething with anger. They must think I'm a stingy b*tch and that I got them nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

TA'd that I'm trying to curb my sugar intake as my ass hasn't made it to the gym since before Christmas and someone brought a big box of lindt into our office.. I was never a big fan of it... But SWEETMOTHERDIVINE today they are the most delicious things I've ever eaten!

Ah sure I'm married now I don't need to go to the gym anymore......................... That's how it works right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

When I lost the sink plug I started washing directly under the running tap and I much prefer it now. No plunging hands into dirty dishwater.

We do that all the time, probably a total waste of water but worth it not to randomly touch something soft and floaty in the water! I know its (likely) only food but Urgh the thoughts of it gives me the willies!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or... you squeeze some washing up liquid on the sponge, wipe all the dishes, and then rinse them afterwards - no need to keep the tap running!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Or... you let them all pile up in the sink and wait for someone else to do them :p

smurfjed wrote: »
    Don't you girls/guys have maids?

I do, actually :) Well, a cleaner. But she doesn't do the dishes because we have a dishwasher. This should really be in the TH thread because the woman is an ANGEL.

TA: my remarkable resemblance to Worzel Gummidge today. Got blown around the block walking the dog this morning. Brushed my hair afterwards, obvs, but the damage was obviously done.

New Home wrote: »
    Or... you squeeze some washing up liquid on the sponge, wipe all the dishes, and then rinse them afterwards - no need to keep the tap running!

I do that some of the time but not between every single item as wash so quickly I'd be turning it on and off non stop and I have those taps you have to spin the tops to turn it on and off. Oh my god not a sponge, I can't cope with the feel of them :D

TA My wisdom tooth is making my mouth quite sore.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dial Hard wrote: »
    TA: my remarkable resemblance to Worzel Gummidge today. Got blown around the block walking the dog this morning. Brushed my hair afterwards, obvs, but the damage was obviously done.

Why don't you use one of your spare heads, then?
    I do that some of the time but not between every single item as wash so quickly I'd be turning it on and off non stop and I have those taps you have to spin the tops to turn it on and off. Oh my god not a sponge, I can't cope with the feel of them :D

TA My wisdom tooth is making my mouth quite sore.

Sponge/dishcloth/whatevah. ;):)

I usually wipe them all down and only when they're all scrubbed do I rinse them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

TA'd that I have to pay for water now that I live in England, can't be just leaving the tap on willy nilly :pac:

TA'd that I have to pay for water now that I live in England, can't be just leaving the tap on willy nilly :pac:

You'd have to pay more electricity with a dishwasher.

TA The person who fitted the stove didn't think of an air intake thing and I've been told it's sucking the oxygen out of the room. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

erica74 wrote: »
    I've been picking and pulling at my nails because of my OCD, my fingers are sore from pulling pieces of my nails off, I'm stressed so I'm still picking and pulling at my nails. The end.

Eeek done this last night , im soo fricking pissed off at myself ,thought my nail biting days were gone .. had them growing the past few months an all and only filed them two days ago . my fingers look manky now and are still sore .. Ugh but it was so good 😄😄

People leaving the tap on drives me mental, always has. Widdershins' comment about how they leave it running while they do the dishes actually gave me an eye twitch (sorry, Widdershins). I had a friend live with us for a few months last year and she used to leave the tap running while she brushed her teeth til I actually went into the bathroom one day and switched it off on her.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People leaving the tap on drives me mental, always has. Widdershins' comment about how they leave it running while they do the dishes actually gave me an eye twitch (sorry, Widdershins). I had a friend live with us for a few months last year and she used to leave the tap running while she brushed her teeth til I actually went into the bathroom one day and switched it off on her.

The difference is in my case it's being used while the water's running. If it will take a minute to scrub something, not under water, I turn it off. I think my comment was misread. I said I wash under running water, not that I always leave it running-which might seem like the same thing but it's not :D
    It would be daft to turn it off for two seconds and back on again, repeatedly. Some people must be really slow dish washers if the tap is just running to no purpose. I turn the tap off while I brush my teeth, back on to rinse the brush, and off again. Tap running while the brush is in the person's mouth also annoys me a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Whoever used the urinal before me must have mange.
    Gross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I don't drink much so when I do, I'll only have the one and try and enjoy it.

Ordered a Guinness, turns out the tap is for display purposes only, ended up getting a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

hairyslug wrote: »
    I don't drink much so when I do, I'll only have the one and try and enjoy it.

Ordered a Guinness, turns out the tap is for display purposes only, ended up getting a can.

Tell me it wasn't a pub in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I just witnessed a woman jogging.....In a knee lengtharka style coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Tell me it wasn't a pub in Ireland!

Travelodge at Heathrow, they stick it on a little machine to give it a head, I may just have a 2nd one to make sure that it really is as bad as I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

When I'm watching TV in a house that isn't my own & the owner leaves the volume on an odd number...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Out of work due to surgery going back on Thursday, my job dont pay sick leave and the social dont pay for the first 6 days....I have a hospital bill 2 direct debits and maintenance to pay :(

Engine light came on the car too...feckin lovely.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I just witnessed a woman jogging.....In a knee lengtharka style coat.

was that around Swords, there's a woman in Swords that runs in a long jacket all year round.

When I'm watching TV in a house that isn't my own & the owner leaves the volume on an odd number...

What is with these freaks? Even numbers or multiples of 5 only!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

While sitting in my car in the local lidl and people watching (as you do) all the parent n child and disabled spots filled up there are 6 altogether, not one driver or occupant was either, (visually) the ones in the P&C ones had no kids at all, but were hugely overweight, and one woman who looked like she'd rip you apart should you mention she had no kids(with her) then an L plate pulled over the disabled place got out and ran into the shop.
    Then a woman with the 3 children pulled into a (standard) space beside me took them out of the child seats kept looking at the full P&C spaces, I quietly (in my head) agreed with her then seen the tyre on the car.. tut tut

dodgy_tyre.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Was in my local centra after work and my mind all over the place thinking abut work and trying to listen to a podcast and so on

I put a large bottle of lucozade in my sports bag and walked out cool as could be

Only when was I down the street did I cop what happened and legged it back to the store to pay.Told mr security man at the door I was distracted now I was back to pay, he didn’t care meh

TA’d I’m scatterbrained

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement