Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People with an obsession about work, and more specifically who like to give career advice when they weren't asked to.

Recently completed a night course in HR which was a complete deviation away from what I had done before, but ended up thoroughly enjoying it. My intention was solely to up-skill and hopefully get some part-time work in the field to add to my usual work. Entirely of my own volition as I am grown up enough now to take my own path in life.

Of course, as luck would have it, my final exam was Saturday morning which clashed with a stag-do that I had committed to going to months in advance, so naturally I could only make one night. Wasn't bothered by it at all as it meant I saved more money, and had an excuse to enjoy myself down at the stag as soon as the exam was over.

I arrive down anyway with the weight of exam-preparation firmly off my shoulders, only to be caught talking to one of the lads who has become one of these born-again "careerists" who bore people to death about how much they love their job (always seem to be IT guys as well :D) When I told him what course I was doing (because I hadn't told him before), I was bombarded with questions: "what do you get out of that?"....."are you doing much work at the minute"....."you SHOULD get a job <random business>"...."you should have done <this course>"...blah blah blah

Christ sake man. I am in the door five minutes. Let me enjoy my pint and stop pestering me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People with an obsession about work, and more specifically who like to give career advice when they weren't asked to.

Recently completed a night course in HR which was a complete deviation away from what I had done before, but ended up thoroughly enjoying it. My intention was solely to up-skill and hopefully get some part-time work in the field to add to my usual work. Entirely of my own volition as I am grown up enough now to take my own path in life.

Of course, as luck would have it, my final exam was Saturday morning which clashed with a stag-do that I had committed to going to months in advance, so naturally I could only make one night. Wasn't bothered by it at all as it meant I saved more money, and had an excuse to enjoy myself down at the stag as soon as the exam was over.

I arrive down anyway with the weight of exam-preparation firmly off my shoulders, only to be caught talking to one of the lads who has become one of these born-again "careerists" who bore people to death about how much they love their job (always seem to be IT guys as well :D) When I told him what course I was doing (because I hadn't told him before), I was bombarded with questions: "what do you get out of that?"....."are you doing much work at the minute"....."you SHOULD get a job <random business>"...."you should have done <this course>"...blah blah blah

Christ sake man. I am in the door five minutes. Let me enjoy my pint and stop pestering me.

we must know very different groups of IT people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

GoFundMe pages being set up for any old f*cking reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who spend a f*cking age alighting the Luas. How does it take so long? And then the plebs trying to get on before everyone has alighted. I had to give a good, pointed elbow shove to someone this morning who literally came in on top of me and blocked me from getting off. Why are people such collective morons on public transport?

Theyre also like bloody migrating wildebeest crossing the road when they see one coming, totally ignoring cars and pedestrian lights, safety in numbers or something, wont do it on their own :mad:
    Gum chewers in general are a ta.
    Particularly when they chew like bloody rednecks, jaws open throwing it around in there, yick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

northgirl wrote: »
    TA'd I don't know the phonetic alphabet and end up saying stupid things like S for sugar or B for brownie or some such rubbish

Me too, I came out with V for Veronica the other day when clarifying th3 spelling of something over the phone! Morto!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    GoFundMe pages being set up for any old f*cking reason.
    This! I saw online that a girl from my town had set one up to raise cash to go move to Australia to be with the love of her life (who she had a three week fling with while he was on holiday here) while she was still out drinking all the time, so clearly saving wasn't on a list of priorities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Switched fridge/freezer off in error god knows when. All frozen food ruined. Agh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭trellheim

After 6 months of looking, I can't find enough of a substance I need for college, in the vain hope, there is some kind of alternative I can replace it with I ask lecturer whats the story.

He says "you'll fail if you don't fill the criteria", I list the steps I've taken to fulfill it and I'm told, there is no alternative" you have to do this"(this means magicing up substances in such short supply I've not been able to find a 5th of what I need in 6 months), he then says call x, they refer me to y and so on for the complete morning.

Lecture calls back and says he's gotten me more time to find said substance, cause he would hate to lose me. But still no idea on where I can find the substance I need. Cause having more time to find an impossible resource help ME how?

TA? I contact course office and ask for the leaving and refund procedure, they say "Oh no, WHY?"

Still no idea on how to leave and get my money back. I feel like I've paid them for the pleasure of torchering me since Halloween.
    Bredabe is offline Report Post

What is it you are looking for if you don't mind me asking ? I tried to figure it out but "money" was the most generic answer I could find that fits which is humorous but probably not correct. It sounds vaguely like Hogwarts tbh. Seriously ... let us know. There's many a contact in this forum.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

northgirl wrote: »
    Switched fridge/freezer off in error god knows when. All frozen food ruined. Agh!

If you've anything like meat/fish/veggies and it hasn't been too long, you can salvage them by cooking them and freezing them again. The ice-cream will be lost, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

New girl at work is a talker. Chatty McChatterson. I've tried smiling and turning my face back to my computer, I've tried nodding and making hints about how busy I am, and yet she persists. She sits right beside me and we're the only two women in the office. fml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Major TA. I ordered curry cheese chips in Supermacs. 5 minutes later the woman came down and said they ran out of curry so all I had were cheese and chips. Who runs out of curry??? I'm so sad!!! :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They probably found a "foreign object" in the curry tub - better not investigate. (Garlic chips are better, anyway. :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Oh and a bigger TA. Actually a totally non-trivial TA. A big client of mine decided to not renew their contract with us today. With no fcuking warning and we only found out by an internal email that's come our way via someone who used to work in there. It's a major, major loss to my team and to the company at large, there's no real reason for it and it's in my bloody name, which reflects SO WELL on me despite it not being my fault.

TA'd by stupid unreasonable clients and TA'd by working in sales and still being in the office at 9pm because of my pipeline targets being royally fcuked over for the quarter and maybe the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've been delighted with my Shellac nails. It's been a week since I got them done and I've managed not to chip them. I usually only last 3 or 4 days. So all day I was bragging about this but as soon as I came home, I broke a nail and now it's going to chip. That's what I get for going on and on about how great I was doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

90 minutes sleep aargh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I am literally so fucking sick of everyone and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

Fell asleep on the couch last night - wicked pain in my neck now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The lack of empathy in people. The cynicism and self importance of some who spout sh!te and sell it like they're passing on wisdom. I see it a fair bit in threads on boards. You can tell by the topic usually that it's gonna descend into that kind of rubbish where you've people talking about something that they have no experience of but shout the loudest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,589 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

A very very minor TA. Tea drinkers. Why do you not pour out the end of your tea and give the cup a rinse when you're done? Why would you leave a half empty cup on the draining board? So now the tea cups are all tea stained and gross. I don't need it to be washed straight away, just a quick rinse so it doesn't stain the cup?

Also the total mingers in work who leave half cups of tea on their desks for days on end. That just turns my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    A very very minor TA. Tea drinkers. Why do you not pour out the end of your tea and give the cup a rinse when you're done? Why would you leave a half empty cup on the draining board? So now the tea cups are all tea stained and gross. I don't need it to be washed straight away, just a quick rinse so it doesn't stain the cup?

Also the total mingers in work who leave half cups of tea on their desks for days on end. That just turns my stomach.

or the feckers in my place who leave dirty cups in the sink. the dishwasher is right next to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mollyb60 wrote: »

We have a guy that inspects the cups in the press when they have come out of the dishwasher. He rubs inside the cups/mugs as well as part of his inspection to see if there is any residue or the stains a rubbing off.
    He puts them back in the press anyway after his inspection.
    So not only do you have a stained mug, but his dirty paws have been in it as well.

I'm TA'd that I haven't slept in my own bed for a week now. Some of that was due to holliers, but the last few nights I have gone to get into bed and found the kids in my place.
    Also for some reason the cats want to sleep in the same bed as me now, so me and 2 cats in a single bed, until at least one of them goes soaring when I start mooching about in my sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I broke a nail... so I now have 9 long nails and one butty one :(

I don't want to file down the rest of the nails to match, so I guess I need to play the waiting game for it to grow back over the next few weeks.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Got myself a 6 pack of Walkers oven baked crisps ... blue pack. Started eating them and was quite disappointed that they were lacking in flavour. That's because they are not salt and vinegar like most others ship in blue!!!!! Cheese & onion :mad::(:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

KatW4 wrote: »
    I've been delighted with my Shellac nails. It's been a week since I got them done and I've managed not to chip them. I usually only last 3 or 4 days. So all day I was bragging about this but as soon as I came home, I broke a nail and now it's going to chip. That's what I get for going on and on about how great I was doing.

Any decent salon will guarantee their two week polish for at least a week and fix any chips that happen within that time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Very trivial but Ta'd that I'm out of Barry's teabags and all we have is lyons :(

*shudder*

The lack of empathy in people. The cynicism and self importance of some who spout sh!te and sell it like they're passing on wisdom. I see it a fair bit in threads on boards. You can tell by the topic usually that it's gonna descend into that kind of rubbish where you've people talking about something that they have no experience of but shout the loudest.

I couldn't agree more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Grown man openly coughing sitting nearby in a restaurant the other day. At least cover your mouth! Basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I am literally living in poverty and its still 7 days to pay day.
    Getting paid early in December is not all its cracked up to be.

I feel you. This week sees me moving from a minimum wage, weekly paid role to a much better salary paid monthly, which is a yay, obvs.

Unfortunately, my rent is due tomorrow and after that, I'll have a grand total of €42.17 to last me until the 26th of Feb.

Hold me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Being broke all month and adding bits to your asos basket- then when the day arrives when you can finally afford them your size is all sold out \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I paid the €4 parking at the hospital and when I drove out the barrier was stuck in a raised position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭Bredabe

trellheim wrote: »
    What is it you are looking for if you don't mind me asking ? I tried to figure it out but "money" was the most generic answer I could find that fits which is humorous but probably not correct. It sounds vaguely like Hogwarts tbh. Seriously ... let us know. There's many a contact in this forum.

I have a very specific brief to follow to do this, I need a specific kind of help, 30+ minutes of certain peoples time and a small non-financial input.

TA that the willingness to help is largely lost in the Irish population.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement