Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Thanks

Is there a USB charging port in the back of the SE e-niro

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Is there a USB charging port in the back of the SE e-niro
    No but there is one in the arm rest

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

championc wrote: »
    Only about 400km done. Not a single cent paid on charging. Can't stop smiling ever time I drive it up the road. Love the Adaptive Cruise Control. It's fantastic.

Would love to be able to set Auto Hold ON by default

We're getting out of season now to be preheating seats etc. Mind you, since seats and the steering wheel heats so quickly, I really don't see the need to faf about with the app

Have the FE since January. On frosty/snowy mornings I would pop outside, start the car, hit the heated seat button and literally 2 minutes later, the car would be completely defrosted and ready to drive. So nice jumping in and have the seat pre heated as well :)
    Still would be nice to have the UVO app, but can live without it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭xboxdad

icom wrote: »
    Have the FE since January. On frosty/snowy mornings I would pop outside, start the car, hit the heated seat button and literally 2 minutes later, the car would be completely defrosted and ready to drive. So nice jumping in and have the seat pre heated as well :)

Can you lock the car afterwards and leave the seat heating on still?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Can it not be set in car to preheat for a set time?

xboxdad wrote: »
    Can you lock the car afterwards and leave the seat heating on still?

No, it won't lock when started from outside.

But I live out in the sticks, so safe enough. Fingers crossed !

JPA wrote: »
    Can it not be set in car to preheat for a set time?

Yeah, I don't bother with that as the car needs to be plugged into the charger.

I have free charging at work, and have only used the home charger when on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Yeah, I don't bother with that as the car needs to be plugged into the charger.

I have free charging at work, and have only used the home charger when on holiday.

But you can have it plugged in and not charging. Save you going out.

No, it won't lock when started from outside.

But I live out in the sticks, so safe enough. Fingers crossed !

Yeah, I need to keep watching our car on cold mornings while heating up the leather seats / defrosting the windows for my wife. It sounds it's going to be the same with the e-Niro. Unless heating up the cabin to say 25'C makes the leather quite warm anyways.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I need to keep watching our car on cold mornings while heating up the leather seats / defrosting the windows for my wife. It sounds it's going to be the same with the e-Niro. Unless heating up the cabin to say 25'C makes the leather quite warm anyways.

If you get a SE with the app, you can do remote heating using the app and the car will still be locked.

Same with the Nissan Leaf 40.

JPA wrote: »
    But you can have it plugged in and not charging. Save you going out.

Helps wake me up on a winters morning :)

If you get a SE with the app, you can do remote heating using the app and the car will still be locked.

Same with the Nissan Leaf 40.

Yes I understand that.
    What I'm not sure about is if heating the cabin to say 25'C will also result in 25'C warm seats. I've doubts about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭championc

UVO is a real gimmick, but I think it's more possibly for Kia's R&D Dept. I've no doubt that they are hoovering up all of our GPS data, our charging data, and copious amounts of diagnostic data

UVO is a real gimmick, but I think it's more possibly for Kia's R&D Dept. I've no doubt that they are hoovering up all of our GPS data, our charging data, and copious amounts of diagnostic data

Hey if it means a warm car on a winter's morning then I'm all for it.

Waiting for my grant to be approved. Should hopefully pick up my niro in the next week or 2.

There was no movement on price, regardless of the current trading environment. Still large waiting lists.

Should hopefully pick up my niro in the next week or 2

When did you order it, may I ask?

Still large waiting lists.

What makes you say that ? Only 22 registered in March. I honestly think that it is now too expensive in Ireland and I think that you're basing your statement more on UK orders.

Was a cancellation. Walked into the garage and took it literally 3 weeks ago.

When did you order it, may I ask?

Only 22 registered because there was none in the country to register in the first place.
    What makes you say that ? Only 22 registered in March. I honestly think that it is now too expensive in Ireland and I think that you're basing your statement more on UK orders.

Was a cancellation. Walked into the garage and took it literally 3 weeks ago.

Wow, how lucky! :)

• Advertisement

Wow, how lucky! :)

Went in for the phev came out with the full ev. Result.

Went in for the phev came out with the full ev. Result.

Man.. Two of my neighbours and a friend got their catalytic converter stolen recently. One of them got it stolen twice... There's literally nothing dearer to sustain than a hybrid. Good choice!

Only 22 registered because there was none in the country to register in the first place.

Because only 22 would have been ordered.

While I know it's not fully representative, I think there's only one person on here waiting for an e-Niro and I haven't heard of anyone else on either the FB group or SpeakEV, of which both have Irish contributors.

Because only 22 would have been ordered.

While I know it's not fully representative, I think there's only one person on here waiting for an e-Niro and I haven't heard of anyone else on either the FB group or SpeakEV, of which both have Irish contributors.

All I know is that I went to 5 kia garages to order one this year and none of them would commit to ordering me one. 6 to 9 months waiting time

Went to kia kilcullen, kia liffey valley, kia celbridge, Gahans kia in cork and gowans. They all had the same story. 6months minimum waiting time

All I know is that I went to 5 kia garages to order one this year and none of them would commit to ordering me one. 6 to 9 months waiting time

Went to kia kilcullen, kia liffey valley, kia celbridge, Gahans kia in cork and gowans. They all had the same story. 6months minimum waiting time

It was certainly worth the milage I'm sure to nab one. I've said it on here before but it certainly sounds like dealers are doing everything possible to NOT sell them, and to push the PHEV's instead.

I have to say, it's an awesome machine

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Where did you end up getting one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

What is "the lifetime of the vehicle" in years/months?
    It is an expression often used but rarely specified it seems.
    I wonder if Hyundai does specify this?

What is "the lifetime of the vehicle" in years/months?
    It is an expression often used but rarely specified it seems.
    I wonder if Hyundai does specify this?

I think the "accepted" general timescale appears to be about 15 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I think the "accepted" general timescale appears to be about 15 years

Since when is that accepted?

Advertisement