Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

championc wrote: »
    Basically

10.25" screen
    11kw charger
    Front Parking Distance warning
    Rear LED light cluster
    Rear Heated Seats

On the rear light cluster.. My FE rear clusters are LED. I know the new ones are different somehow. Is it just a different design?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

On the rear light cluster.. My FE rear clusters are LED. I know the new ones are different somehow. Is it just a different design?
    Is yours like this?

Also the March Bev registrations are out, 22 e niros

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭championc

graememk wrote: »
    the March Bev registrations are out, 22 e niros

Maybe our thoughts of high demand has simply been fueled by the situation in the UK. It's very likely that there will be feck all others out there now prepared to fork out €40k for an EV. And however likely that possibility might have been a few weeks ago, I think you can now absolutely forget it. In fact, I think it's very likely that some dealers have been left with e-Niro's after people cancelled the orders, through financial uncertainty.

Some would even say that you'd be mad to hand any dealer a deposit right now, not knowing if they will even be in business this time next month. I'm glad that I got my car out of the dealership before they closed (for now).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I said something similar a couple of weeks ago, I was planning on giving my deposit about three weeks back, I'm holding off until the car is in the forecourt now. I don't think there will be any issue getting one when the dealerships open again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Green&Red wrote: »
    I don't think there will be any issue getting one when the dealerships open again

Because they'll be stuck with cars delivered to them after orders cancelled late in the process?
    ...or because there's an incoming shipment of e-Niros into Ireland pretty soon regardless of the virus stituation & UK waiting lists?
    ...or both? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I just renewed my tax for 6 months instead of a year in case they're spare eNiros lol :D

xboxdad wrote: »
    Because they'll be stuck with cars delivered to them after orders cancelled late in the process?
    ...or because there's an incoming shipment of e-Niros into Ireland pretty soon regardless of the virus stituation & UK waiting lists?
    ...or both? :)

Cause I think people could cancel their orders, lots of people could lose their job, or at the very least get a pay cut

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Cause I think people could cancel their orders, lots of people could lose their job, or at the very least get a pay cut

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how the economic uncertainty impacts on this on other industries. And to what degree the economic bounces back - will there be an outpouring of economic growth initially ... and stuff.

Any chance the price will drop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Any chance the price will drop?

Highly doubtful. They put it up by 2k recently between FE and SE so I doubt they will drop it. Kia know the units will sell, even with all that is going on now I would imagine they will prefer to hold on to the stock and sell at full price than discount it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Miscreant wrote: »
    Highly doubtful. They put it up by 2k recently between FE and SE so I doubt they will drop it. Kia know the units will sell, even with all that is going on now I would imagine they will prefer to hold on to the stock and sell at full price than discount it.

And its not like they have thousands of them to shift. The price will more than likely hold as a result.

JBL speakers here finally? I didn't spot it before (see the screenshot attached):

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

JBL speakers here finally? I didn't spot it before (see the screenshot attached):

Its really hard to know with the Kia website. There's a 10.25" screen on one page and then back to 7" on the other.
    Hopefully someone who has picked up a SE can confirm

tomister wrote: »
    Its really hard to know with the Kia website. There's a 10.25" screen on one page and then back to 7" on the other.
    Hopefully someone who has picked up a SE can confirm

Does the 7" not refer to the instrument cluster ???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I said something similar a couple of weeks ago, I was planning on giving my deposit about three weeks back, I'm holding off until the car is in the forecourt now. I don't think there will be any issue getting one when the dealerships open again
    Do you really think so? They sold 22 in March, not because of Covid 19 (which only hampered sales in the final days of March), but because there was no supply. That situation is very likely to dis-improve over the coming months, as manufacturing of batteries and vehicles and goods transportation has been hampered by the pandemic.

Has there ever been any profiling/surveys done of who buys EVs? I'd imagine many buyers fit a certain profile - work in IT, often have disposable income, regard for the environment, geeks. Less likely to be impacted severely by a down-turn in the economy. Sure isn't there about 5 people posting in this thread over the last week or so (myself included) who would by one next week if they could?

Ya I don't think they're going to be immune to this recession

In my immediate family one has had their bonus for the year cancelled, one has been given a 20% pay-cut, the second is FC for a tech company, they had been talking about EVs as company cars at the start of the year, thats out the window.

Like I say, plenty of companies will go to the wall as the global economy contracts, that forces wages down even in a bullet-proof company, availability.

Obviously its a great time if you can hang onto your job and your salary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Great bargain on the Kia site right now. It's listed as "From €0". Shame the dealers are closed.

JU1rDoQ.jpg

0jPc8gs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Looks like the €0 price is a result of them adding the 39kWh version, but without a price yet.

Can someone please tell me what do they check when you apply for PCP? What documentation they require? It seems to be different with each manufacturer and I didn't find anything related to KIA.

• Advertisement

Can someone please tell me what do they check when you apply for PCP? What documentation they require? It seems to be different with each manufacturer and I didn't find anything related to KIA.

I didn't get PCP, just hp,

They needed proof of id, proof of address and proof of pps number (not the card) and average yearly income.

HP I think was done through BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

I didn't get PCP, just hp,

They needed proof of id, proof of address and proof of pps number (not the card) and average yearly income.

HP I think was done through BOI.

Is that all they required for HP?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Avoid all that hassle and just pay cash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

So, championc and graememk, now that you have a few weeks under the belt (though probably not as much chance to drive as you'd like), any impressions? Frustrations? Regrets? New discoveries?

So, championc and graememk, now that you have a few weeks under the belt (though probably not as much chance to drive as you'd like), any impressions? Frustrations? Regrets? New discoveries?

I've driven it 2-3 times... It's a lovely car to drive, lots of power, and very easy to go above 100km/h

Ride is better than the 2016 Sportage that we had

Other half has driven it a lot (key worker) - her response is "it's a car" , previous car was an automatic too though.

Car is averaging 17.9kwh/100km (on 40km journey and a 130km journey). Edit: one way, no possible at work charging
    I've seen the morning journey at 20kwh/100km and the return at 14

Uvo app can notify when charge is completed or if you forget to close the boot properly..(or forget to lock the car) to name a few.

Can have multiple people authorised on the uvo app too.

Haven't been near a public charge point yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Can UVO preheat the car??.

I've driven it 2-3 times... It's a lovely car to drive, lots of power, and very easy to go above 100km/h

Ride is better than the 2016 Sportage that we had

Other half has driven it a lot (key worker) - her response is "it's a car" , previous car was an automatic too though.

Car is averaging 17.9kwh/100km (on 40km journey and a 130km journey). Edit: one way, no possible at work charging
    I've seen the morning journey at 20kwh/100km and the return at 14

Uvo app can notify when charge is completed or if you forget to close the boot properly..(or forget to lock the car) to name a few.

Can have multiple people authorised on the uvo app too.

Haven't been near a public charge point yet either.

Can UVO preheat the car??.

Yes and you can change the scheduled settings too, is the timed preheat schedule and charge limit

Yes and you can change the scheduled settings too, is the timed preheat schedule and charge limit

Will/can it switch seat heating on as well?

Will/can it switch seat heating on as well?

*When I say preheat, I mean run the climate control.

Hmm I'll have a look, I don't think the timed one preheats the seats, but I think you can do it manually.

Looks like maybe just the steering wheel? I'll have to test later

• Advertisement

Only about 400km done. Not a single cent paid on charging. Can't stop smiling ever time I drive it up the road. Love the Adaptive Cruise Control. It's fantastic.

Would love to be able to set Auto Hold ON by default

We're getting out of season now to be preheating seats etc. Mind you, since seats and the steering wheel heats so quickly, I really don't see the need to faf about with the app

Advertisement