Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options
1188189190191192194»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭eagerv

Looks like a normal shape battery, I am sure any would do the job fine, providing the battery shape base is the same size for the mounting brackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

Just heard the “K4” E niro is being discontinued, after the little stock that remains is sold, they are continuing with the K3 variant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Not surprised, think only the K3 and K4 cane here and they wasnt a lot of difference in what you got for the money.

Oh on my service and the 1 year vs 2 years....obviously the easiest place to check was the sticker on the window(!),(which says 2 years or at the 30k mark. Assume the dealer text is standard for non EVs where annual check ups are the norm.

they changed the service interval.

up to 2022 for the older model, it was annually or every 15,000 kms, herself has a ‘21 model. but this changed for the new and current E Niro model, to every 2 years or 30,000 kms.

Its fairly standard now for bi annual intervals for ev’s but high mileage drivers would want to watch the kms, as one would not want to give them an excuse, to welch on the warranty conditions.

Herself is looking at the new Kona also, and its 5 years warranty rather 7, with the E Niro, but Hyundai offer an annual and free health check, for the 1st 5 years, which sounds like a good idea.

Post edited by fafy on

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Mad_Lad

That's nuts, There's been no service on my id3 yet and I'm up at 75,500 Kms and the car tells me I'm not due a service for another 100 something days lol. it's 2.5 years old.

• Advertisement

would not servicing it, not invalidate the warranty, which i suppose, is nearly up in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Mad_Lad

I always went with what the car told me lol. So if it's not due another 100 odd days so be it lol.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Cheers, we might just hit 15k milage in a year so should be ok to get it next year at 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Romegie23

Hi All,

I have a 2023 Niro EV K4 and was wondering if anyone has had the same issue that im having?

Im getting what I will call a scraping noise from the front of the car whenever i push down on the accelerator and recently when the car is regening as well, but not as loud. I think it may be the motor as when force is applied it makes the noise.

I also set the car to accelerate while in cruise control using the buttons and not the pedal and the same noise can be heard. The garage is looking into it but 3 visits later and they still cant tell me what it is.

Any ideas?? Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I came across a video of apparently a somewhat common problem for Hyundai Kona and I think Kia Niro as well that's referred to as the "wheel of fortune" or "card in bike spokes" (both are very American names!)

Is it this the noise?

• Advertisement

Hi.. Thanks for that but its not the noise im getting.

Its more like when your brakes are worn down and the metal starts to rub. I only have 20k on the car so its not the brakes and the noise goes away when you don't press the pedal (except for regen). Im leaning towards the motor but cant be sure.

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

So if you're in neutral and rolling, you don't get the noise either?

Hi Prawnsambo… No, when no power being applied no noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭championc

There was an issue with the original First Edition models (2019) which had a noise from the motor. Posts on forums appeared in 2019 and early 2020 from memory. I don't recall anyone here reporting the issue.

Thanks championc… doesnt seem to be the same thing, I might try and record it and post here when I get a chance.

You would be better posting it into the UK e-Niro FB group. Clearly nobody here has had the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭OO7FITZY

can anyone recommend wiper blades for front of car please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Looking at a 2023 K4 trim on Monday. Anything I need to look out for - for instance are there any software updates or recalls I need to check have been done?

Don't think there have been any

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Kids have pulled the rear right seat belt to it's max length and jammed the material 🙁 Anyone any experience or suggestions to fix it? Couldn't budge it back into place 🤷🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Only option is to try and unbunch it (if you know what I mean). Get it back to its flat state bit by bit. A flat blade screwdriver might help, but it's going to be a slow process.

If you can get access to the reel at the bottom, you might be able to pull some back and get a bit of slack, but generally this means taking off the entire B pillar cover and that would probably be an even longer job.

Edit: Just to add that if you have any of those plastic trim tools, they'd be a little less aggressive on the material than a screwdriver. But if you take it easy with the screwdriver you shouldn't do any damage. Patience and time are your friends.

If you can get that folded over edge on the left side of your photo out, you could then use a pliers to pull the rest of the belt back to its centre position and job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Make sure it has the software update fix for 'Zombie Mode' applied:
    SCU UPGRADE: SG2 EV SCU Upgrade For EV Ready Malfunction

The first two map/head unit updates will come OTA for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Tradnuts

Hi, I'm picking this up next week.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-niro-e-niro-5dr-auto-64kwh-0-apr-available/36064325

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/kia/niro/fpa/3581689?journey=Search

I'm still very confused about what varient this is, a niro 3 or 4 or 4+ or MY 21 or K3 or K4. Everyone seem to call their cars something different.

So what varient mine gonna be called?

Also, getting a zappi in today. I plan to boost over night on the cheap tarrif. Should i set the car OR the zappi to do that?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Looks to be an irish car so only one spec sold here. It’s a mix between K3 and K4. Mostly K4. You’ll get all the technology. It won’t have the LED headlights as these were 2022 model.

That ad is all over the place. Niro only available here in 64kw meaning you will get 350-430km range.

Use the Zappi to schedule. It’s very reliable. We tried the Kia app to schedule at the start and it was flaky.

Happy ev’ing. It’s a great ev.

Herself has a June 21 model, looks like the k4 to me, same as herself, no issues in 3 years, range is solid, circa 470km in summer. but no LED headlights was the main thing missing from the good spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

Saw this today

Have you a Hyundai kona kia Niro EV making this sound when accelerating or under regenerative braking.

Good news we’ve now sourced parts to successfully repair this without having to change full reduction boxes or motors.

Contact us on 0402-39766 if you need any more information

Video on Facebook with sound.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/LoK196NQYr2J66Ri/

#arklow #evrepairs #electriccars #johnearlsmotors

(Presumably only for those out of manufacturer warranty)

Advertisement