Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Redlim

I'm sure there is some kind of comeback on that alright, but better have proof. Screen shots etc.

Here are the before and after screen shots. Plus they've acknowledged the error from the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Most recent reply:

Thank you for your reply.

We accept that the website was incorrect, this has now been corrected, but the vehicle was supplied in accordance with the spec sheet and the brochure and if there was any concern at the time of purchase both of these documents were available from the dealer at the point of sale.

If you have further queries we recommend to discuss with your selling dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Most recent reply:

Thank you for your reply.

We accept that the website was incorrect, this has now been corrected, but the vehicle was supplied in accordance with the spec sheet and the brochure and if there was any concern at the time of purchase both of these documents were available from the dealer at the point of sale.

If you have further queries we recommend to discuss with your selling dealer.

Are they saying the brochure was correct and only the website was wrong?

Anyone have the brochure to confirm if that’s true?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

KCross wrote: »

Brochure didnt exist when i ordered lol theres one on the website now,

No mention of it in the brochure, and the brochure shows the dash from the "concept" car

I also had no brochure as none were available at the time

• Advertisement

Just looking at the current brochure now and it actually still has an image of a JBL branded speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Redlim wrote: »
    Just looking at the current brochure now and it actually still has an image of a JBL branded speaker

It also shows left hand drive, different (LED?) headlights and tail lights, seat memory buttons, seat ventilation and maybe other stuff.

Most importantly, it also says "However some of the models and features shown in this brochure may vary from the models and equipment available here in Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭championc

Spare a thought for us 2019 orderers who were March recipients, who had absolutely no idea as to what to expect until the morning of collection, when the only guidance regarding the potential spec was from discussions of the UK model on forums, and some assumptions that the Irish model might have X, Y and X included.

I still smile every time I drive this awesome machine

JohnC. wrote: »
    It also shows left hand drive, different (LED?) headlights and tail lights, seat memory buttons, seat ventilation and maybe other stuff.

Most importantly, it also says "However some of the models and features shown in this brochure may vary from the models and equipment available here in Ireland"

Ah the fine print, well spotted. But surely a case can be made for misleading/false advertising given the combination of the brochure images and the website itself clearly stating it was included (until they took it down)?

A buyer could reasonably expect the features described as being included on the website are indeed included, especially considering there is only a single spec available and therefore less chance for confusion.

championc wrote: »
    Spare a thought for us 2019 orderers who were March recipients, who had absolutely no idea as to what to expect until the morning of collection, when the only guidance regarding the potential spec was from discussions of the UK model on forums, and some assumptions that the Irish model might have X, Y and X included.

I still smile every time I drive this awesome machine

Very true, that was a real leap of faith that has certainly paid off. Similar to the ID.3 which I'm sure will be a great buy for those picking them up in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Ah the fine print, well spotted. But surely a case can be made for misleading/false advertising given the combination of the brochure images and the website itself clearly stating it was included (until they took it down)?

A buyer could reasonably expect the features described as being included on the website are indeed included, especially considering there is only a single spec available and therefore less chance for confusion.

Agreed. Next steps??.

Agreed. Next steps??.

No idea tbh. Never bought new or from a main dealer before so I don't know if they ever entertain rectifying something like this, even as a goodwill gesture.

No idea tbh. Never bought new or from a main dealer before so I don't know if they ever entertain rectifying something like this, even as a goodwill gesture.

I could be wrong but to the best of my knowledge, the difference is not just simply the speaker cones. There may even be an extra pair and the additional control in the head unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I could be wrong but to the best of my knowledge, the difference is not just simply the speaker cones. There may even be an extra pair and the additional control in the head unit.
    This^^^ It's a complete system with 8 speakers including a subwoofer in the boot and a separate 8 channel amp mounted under the dashboard. No way they're going to retrofit that amount of kit for you.

https://uk.jbl.com/kia.html

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Thats the PHEV section of the brochure, PHEV comes with the cream seats etc too.

also that green/blue colour was never available in ireland. It was available in the UK in the non plug in hybrid version only i think.

graememk wrote: »
    Thats the PHEV section of the brochure, PHEV comes with the cream seats etc too.

also that green/blue colour was never available in ireland. It was available in the UK in the non plug in hybrid version only i think.

That's true but another image further down the brochure in the e-Niro section also shows a speaker with branding (albeit after a bit of zooming in!).

Looking at the PHEV specs sheet it seems it's not included in that model either so the brochure is again misleading for those buyers.

I totally get the point that the spec sheet is the proper source of information and that stock pictures in a brochure should not be relied upon, as pointed out by Kia in the small print. But when the website had a specific multimedia section describing the premium sound system it's reasonable to believe it would be included when making a purchase.

In the grand scheme of things it's more an annoyance than a major issue really but disappointing all the same considering the cost of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Haven't seen my car in a week <sniff> since it was towed away by the man in the yellow van. The problems started about 10 days ago, where there was no life from the 12V battery two days in a row. Quickly rectified by a call to Kia Assist (the AA) who promptly turned up and jump-started it back to life (twice), but it has since been lead away. Kia Assist were really good about the whole thing and we've had a replacement car since. Problem has been traced to issues with the 'radio' (I'm thinking infotainment system) draining power from the 12V battery. I'd have thought that the EV battery would keep it topped up, but not in this case. Did get a few 'caution' signs from the battery icon in the UVO app, but otherwise no indications that anything was wrong. Experience with the Kia dealerships has been quite.... varied... Let's just say that the principle that you buy your car in one Kia garage and can get it services in another, doesn't hold up to a lot of scrutiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

In the grand scheme of things it's more an annoyance than a major issue really but disappointing all the same considering the cost of the car.

Tesla routinely remove features to cut costs but I'd be very irked if I was expecting a premium sound system & didn't get it, just so the manufacturer can save money/make more profit.

I'd be going after Kia with a vengeance if I were you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Kramer wrote: »
    Tesla routinely remove features to cut costs but I'd be very irked if I was expecting a premium sound system & didn't get it, just so the manufacturer can save money/make more profit.

I'd be going after Kia with a vengeance if I were you guys!

I’m waiting for ChampionC to go through the process of swapping his out so he can tell us if it’s worth it 😀

It does suck though, I was surprised at how tinny they were initially (calibrating helped)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

UK spec for the 4+ is available. I wonder how much will be stripped out before it gets to a dealership here, if it makes it at all.

https://www.kia.com/uk/new-cars/e-niro/specification/

• Advertisement

The "2, 3 & 4+" are packaged up builds by the UK, in much the same as most other European countries offered three "models" of the e-Niro. It's quite likely that the lazy Irish will stick with the simple single build. There is nothing new in the 4+ - it's just bundled options at a fixed price - all options of which have been available from the beginning in other countries.

The "2, 3 & 4+" are packaged up builds by the UK, in much the same as most other European countries offered three "models" of the e-Niro. It's quite likely that the lazy Irish will stick with the simple single build. There is nothing new in the 4+ - it's just bundled options at a fixed price - all options of which have been available from the beginning in other countries.

I think in this case that's not necessarily true. In the UK people are swapping their orders from 4 to 4+ as the + will be available soon, but the 4 is already available. The 4 is what Irish buyers got this year, with UVO and the 10.25" screen.

New colours are also available on the 4+ that haven't been available before; Yacht Blue for example.

4+ is that a new 1 ?

I presume they'll remove led headlghts, leather ( if it's actually real leather ) and ventilated seats for the Paddy spec.

Pity they don't speed up charging on DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I'm sure there were differences between UK 4 and the Irish model, but it's gone from their site now so I can't compare.

JohnC. wrote: »
    I'm sure there were differences between UK 4 and the Irish model, but it's gone from their site now so I can't compare.

Yeah, there were. And I'm sure some stuff will be stripped off before (if) the 4+ comes here. The UK 4+ spec is good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I think in this case that's not necessarily true. In the UK people are swapping their orders from 4 to 4+ as the + will be available soon, but the 4 is already available. The 4 is what Irish buyers got this year, with UVO and the 10.25" screen.

New colours are also available on the 4+ that haven't been available before; Yacht Blue for example.

Most ppl I saw changing their orders from 4 to 4+ want the faster 11kW AC charging that UK 4s didn't get (and we did). Quite a few want the new Yacht Blue color too it appears. I don't think I saw anybody say they liked the sun roof though which is the only thing I'd be interested in personally :) ...old style, fine, but at least a sun roof.

Anyone know if the body panels in the E-Niro are metal or Aluminium ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's steel apart from the bonnet and tailgate which are aluminium.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

You're asking this question on every EV thread.... are you really going to decide your next car based on whether you can get your aerial magnet to work?! :D

• Advertisement

You're asking this question on every EV thread.... are you really going to decide your next car based on whether you can get your aerial magnet to work?! :D

Damn, you got me, lol. Still haven't found a proper solution for the i3. :(

Advertisement