Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Opportunities in Local Government 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Allatsea wrote: »
    Butlers Townhouse is not bad, its only a few euro above the accommadation allowance @€;140.00 (room only price) on hotel.com or ebookers.com. However, They do have a free small carpark (1st come, 1st served) for overnight guests. Its located only across the road from the Aviva Stadium. You can also use the meal rate towards your accommodation; for those that are eligible.

The Clayton Hotel Ballsbrisge is within a kilometre of the stadium and within the LA room-rate limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nyx122

Has the venue definitely been changed? Have obviously booked near Croke park also.. I haven’t been told (although not surprised with how this has all gone so far... :D )

Nyx122 wrote: »
    Has the venue definitely been changed? Have obviously booked near Croke park also.. I haven’t been told (although not surprised with how this has all gone so far... :D )

I’d suggest checking with your HR contact in the LA because it has indeed changed. I did have to ask my contact there and she reached out to the people organising it and shortly after confirmed the change of venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Induction during a heatwave... I hope the air conditioner at the Aviva is working at full throttle :)

Maybe we should identify ourselves as 'Boardsies' with a subtle signal.

Freemason handshakes are out, unfortunately.

Three pens in front of us..... blue, black, red? In a triangle

• Registered Users Posts: 28 corvettenut

I like the pen triangle idea? Thinking post Day 1 Induction 'boardies' drinks ? Pint in Slattery's at 17:15? Maybe a subtle reference to 'going to Slattery's after' when introducing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 lukiluc

Due to start work monday. Finally got through to my LA hr rep. today, contracts are to be sent by courier. Phew, will have a place and time to start! See you at the training...

Just coming on here to ask about dress code etc & already answered..!

1 other question tho: does anyone know what the meal allowance is. I got sent documentation that mentions entitlement to it but doesn’t actually say how much.

And also yes to drinks.

As been working in private sector last 10 years I’m really not sure I would have got through this process without boards.ie to be honest.

Nyx122 wrote: »
    Just coming on here to ask about dress code etc & already answered..!

1 other question tho: does anyone know what the meal allowance is. I got sent documentation that mentions entitlement to it but doesn’t actually say how much.

Re meal allowance it’s €33.61 daily for me. I wonder does this include any allowance for the Monday evening or just the 2 days in Dublin. Probably not but may as well get receipts for everything just in case!

As for the dress code I’m thinking as it’s just classroom teaching without a council presence (aside from us!) and considering the heat expected, a full suit wouldn’t be necessary, just clothing that could be considered ‘smart’.

Has anyone received the Section 51 paperwork with their contract?

It's about declaring remuneration and pension benefits from public service bodies.

My question..... is the document asking about other pension entitlements already in place (previous jobs), or does our new job count as well?

I'm not sure if I should be sticking in 'N/A' or details of my new job.

Dress code for my local induction is smart business casual and not a suit, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisy89

I’m getting the train up both days but I’ll definitely come for one ore two drinks to meet everyone in the a Tuesday, be great to put names to faces!

One of the graduates from last time round is still here in my LA and I asked him about the dress code and he said there was people wearing all sorts from tracksuit bottoms to jeans to suits so I’d say we can pretty much wear anything to the induction days!

• Advertisement

Sound, sure we can loosely say Slattery's after the end of day on. I'll be the fella with the big brown leather 'man-bag' lol its a long trek up from the weshhht :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Phoebeleft

I am going to miss all the cloak and dagger blue red black Biro triangle malarkey sadly. I'm not starting till July 30th and there's another training in August. Anybody here going to be at that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 9Reeds

Does anyone know what time it starts on Tuesday. My LA don't know

9Reeds wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time it starts on Tuesday. My LA don't know

Yes 9.30!

Yes, 9:30 Havelock Suite. See you there!

Whatever you do, don't travel to Croke Park (unless you want to meet Prince Harry).

It's the Aviva Stadium... aka Lansdowne Road

Is it defo 9.30 guys? I got the itinerary from my la which says 9.30 but in her email she says be there for 9... yet another miscommunication hahaha

Yes, my handout says 9:30. See you there...

9.30am arrival for a 10am start

I don't see any Biro triangles lol, now let's see who checks their phone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisy89

I don't see any Biro triangles lol, now let's see who checks their phone....

We’ll have to have a meeting at the coffee area at break!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

There's not enough pens for a triangle!!

Sounds like a plan...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Sounds like a plan...

Blue pen in left hand at coffee area

I'm down near the sign-up table

Triangle is built.

Blue shirt. 5ft 6. Black glasses

Slatterys at 4.20???

• Registered Users Posts: 13 9Reeds

At the induction. I'm the awkward person asking all the questions.

9Reeds wrote: »
    At the induction. I'm the awkward person asking all the questions.

In black dress and weird hair by sign-in desk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

bubsicle wrote: »
    In black dress and weird hair by sign-in desk

That’d leave me open to being booted if I went to the wrong person.

Hi, you’re the one with the weird hair right?

• Advertisement

Day One on the new job is over.

Everyone was very nice and approachable.

I get the feeling that it's peak holiday season and it will be a slow burner for a while :)

Great to meet everyone at the Aviva.

Advertisement