Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Opportunities in Local Government 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Call received from PAS.

Short and sweet. Are you still interested - Yes/No?

Just telling you what skill area you've been picked for... and the request for documentation that's going to be posted out (references, Garda Vetting, etc).

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nyx122

Congrats to ye both! Jimbob do u mind me asking what region? Just trying to figure out if it’s eastern only atm as I’m western only myself.

Best wishes to everyone else.

It's a protracted waiting period, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Nyx122 wrote: »
    Congrats to ye both! Jimbob do u mind me asking what region? Just trying to figure out if it’s eastern only atm as I’m western only myself.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisy89

Jimbob, sorry to be repeating others questions but what region were you for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

I'm western region, i got a call before lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisy89

Mac0783 wrote: »
    I'm western region, i got a call before lunch.

For where and what was your oom if you don’t mind me asking? My oom isn’t great so I’m just trying to figure out if I should bother clinging to hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Daisy89 wrote: »
    For where and what was your oom if you don’t mind me asking? My oom isn’t great so I’m just trying to figure out if I should bother clinging to hope!

I'd also be interested to know if you wouldn't mind, I'm in the same boat

Daisy89 wrote: »
    Jimbob, sorry to be repeating others questions but what region were you for?

The South

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi,

Those you received a call today with an offer have you received an email yet? Nothing has come through to me, despite receiving a call before lunch. I'm wondering if I should call them?

• Advertisement

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Hi,

Those you received a call today with an offer have you received an email yet? Nothing has come through to me, despite receiving a call before lunch. I'm wondering if I should call them?

Took about 90 minutes to come through. If it was lunchtime, it might take that bit longer. Or try Junk Mail

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mj88g

The waiting game continues 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nyx122

I got my offer yesterday, phew!!! Just wondering what people are doing in terms of notice. Been with my current employer for several years & have a good bit of notice to give, which was on my application.. I just don’t feel comfortable giving it until I get official contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Got my offer there, first choice location. Good luck to everybody still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ElaineScottt

Congratulations! Were you high in the OOM in your region?

I’d picked Eastern and Southern, was quite high in both. I’m now off the Southern list as I accepted east, meaning everyone should move up a place on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ElaineScottt

I'm top 10 in the East.. yet to hear and becoming less and less confident. What did they say on the call?

I'm top 10 in the East.. yet to hear and becoming less and less confident. What did they say on the call?

Pm sent

Got a call there offering my first preference, absolutely delighted!

Just wondering did anybody who emailed in acceptance receive a confirmation email back confirming receipt of acceptance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 neilie22

Got a call there offering my first preference, absolutely delighted!

Does the individual county call you or PAS?

neilie22 wrote: »
    Does the individual county call you or PAS?

It's centrally from PAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lukiluc

Just wondering did anybody who emailed in acceptance receive a confirmation email back confirming receipt of acceptance?
    They emailed forms which I am printing and completing, garda vetting, etc. I think they were only expecting an email if I wasn't taking the position...

lukiluc wrote: »
    They emailed forms which I am printing and completing, garda vetting, etc. I think they were only expecting an email if I wasn't taking the position...

Yes, got the same forms through this morning so going to turn that around fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Any ideas how far up on the OOM they are planning to go or how many offers they're planning to make?

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    Any ideas how far up on the OOM they are planning to go or how many offers they're planning to make?

50-60 positions in South and East and 30ish In West.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    50-60 positions in South and East and 30ish In West.

Oh thanks - this gives me some hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Seems to be mostly top of the list people called so far. Has anyone outside top 20 or 30 in their region been called?

tgdaly wrote: »
    Seems to be mostly top of the list people called so far. Has anyone outside top 20 or 30 in their region been called?

Bloke on the phone at PAS told me there's only a few of them assigned to make the calls and it is quite a slow process. I understand they're aiming to be done with calls by the end of next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Sumocrap

Does anyone know what happens at the end of the two years of the contract? Do you revert back to your original position? Or is there an extention possible?

Thanks.

Advertisement