Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New Kanye/Kid Cudi is out now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Not up on spotify, anywhere else it can be accessed?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

VW 1 wrote: »
    Not up on spotify, anywhere else it can be accessed?

It's under Kids See Ghosts on Spotify

• Advertisement

Any opinions on kanye cudi? Wasnt what I expected, didnt feel it at all. Is seven tracks to become a kanye production 'thing'?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Struggle bars from Weezy. Sad to see a man who was on top of his game in 2009 unable to lyrically merk a easy target like 6ix9ine.

Jay Rock's new single up on spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

VW 1 wrote: »
    Any opinions on kanye cudi? Wasnt what I expected, didnt feel it at all. Is seven tracks to become a kanye production 'thing'?

Amazing album.

Production is amazing. Cudi was brillant on it. Kanye's best rapping in years
    Reborn my favourite song this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

This Friday, June 15, Nas will release a new album, entirely produced by Kanye West. As Rap Radar founder Elliott Wilson announced via Twitter, Nas will be throwing a listening party tomorrow night in Queens, New York.

Dfin7mmUcAA9Kp-.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is this going to be another 7 track album. What is that all about? Is there some hidden meaning to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Is this going to be another 7 track album. What is that all about? Is there some hidden meaning to it?

Isn't 7 classified as the number of perfection in the bible or something like that. God created the world in 6 days, & rested on the 7th, etc...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's a 7 deadly sins thing apparently.

Listened to Pusha today, pretty good.
    Listened to Ye the other day, it's fairly average if you ask me.
    Still need to listen to the Kudi one.

Black Thought EP is pretty good, although I'd like to hear slightly better beats.

Chris Orrick - Portraits
    Not a bad album at all from Chris (formerly Red Pill) but it's missing a big song.

I don't get the hype around Kanyes album either, first 3 tracks are decent at best.

I'll give Kanye a few more spins though to see if I'm missing anything.

But I contrast that to something like Parades, a new album from Longshot (Chicago MC) and Lazerbeak (MN Producer) and I immediately love it.
    https://lazerbeak.bandcamp.com/album/parades

Should I have to listen to a Kanye album a few times to see if I like it?

Kanye X Nas is out today.
    Jay Rock is out today.

Liked Jay Rock's redemption and really respect the fact that he doesnt just get Kendrick on every track, even to tge extent that he took him off King's Dead. Lot of solid tracks in there, not sure there's any standout singles tho. Pity there was no black hippy contribution, usually like when they throw a track in together.

The NAS album i thought was pretty tight, but again it was far too short. Not sure what's up with the seven track albums, definitely prefer a longer format.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Kanye gonna have 7 projects complete by the summer. 7x7 is my prediction.

Dropping another next week.

Haven't really had enough spins of Ye, Kids see ghosts and Nasir yet. I've found them generally decent with no skippable tracks which is incredible in 2018. I'm struggling to find stand out tracks, but some may sink in over time.

Overall I'm happy, but Pusha is head and shoulders above any of the other recent releases so far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Jay Z has released an album with Beyoncé
    https://tidal.com/browse/album/90521280

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Loving Ye, Kids see ghosts and Nasir. Jay rocks new album is brilliant as well, First track "The bloodiest" the standout. What a month it's been

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Nocando after dropping one of these little 8 track, 25 minute mini albums as well. Liking it more than his last couple of projects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

XXXtentacion has been shot dead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Jimmy Wopo got shot dead yesterday as well. I liked his tunes a lot. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Kids see ghosts mini album is brilliant. Kanye is on fire with the production.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

That apesh*t track is trash.

Stab*City wrote: »
    That apesh*t track is trash.

The album as a whole is better than that track would have you think

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Jay Rock just released his new video feat JCole called OSOM

Great video and track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

miocicmma wrote: »

I'm getting auld... That sounds like pure scutter to me. It's like a music project done by a special needs class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'm getting auld... That sounds like pure scutter to me. It's like a music project done by a special needs class.

In complete agreement. That is trash.

• Advertisement

More Win from Jay Rock

Jay Rock & Nas in the same month! Hype!!

Advertisement