Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Big Tymers return does not disappoint. Videos slightly heavy on skits mind I'm looking forward to hearing audio version.

More proof old rappers can be fire.

Too $hort wasn't always that lyrical, but man I think that's bad.

Yea, it's s bit crappy alright. Just hope his last album is decent.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't mind Post Malone, that Rockstar song is a f*cking tune.
    Haven't listened to the new album yet, but it's not something I'll be listening to for boom bap beats or creative wordplay.

I used to love Too Short, Cocktails was one of my favorite albums growing up, but I'm scared to listen to him now because he's an old fella still rapping about his mickey and strippers.

6ix9ine is pretty bad really, 1 okish song, anything else I've listened to has been rubbish. I also don't understand how he had such a huge following before he even released a song?

Now, off to find the new Andre3000 stuff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Here's the Andre 3000 jams if you are looking for them

They are not rap songs :)

Me & My is 3000 singing about his mother that passed away a few years ago over some piano.
    Look Ma No Hands is a 17 minute jazz song!

https://soundcloud.com/therealandre3000benjamin/sets/look-ma-no-hands

Spat out my tea reading that Boom Bap haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Here's the Andre 3000 jams if you are looking for them

They are not rap songs :)

Me & My is 3000 singing about his mother that passed away a few years ago over some piano.
    Look Ma No Hands is a 17 minute jazz song!

https://soundcloud.com/therealandre3000benjamin/sets/look-ma-no-hands

I made it 6 and a half minutes into Look Ma before I was done and I have a high tolerance for stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

taelor gray released a new album last week and its one of the best of the year so far . and no i hadnt heard of him before either

https://open.spotify.com/album/14hAbSjtz552YKXVBHJJY3?si=vCUTuSTARBa3dAhRsH5t9g

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hiphophead2003

That reminds me, 69 is beefing with someone right now and he called him a pedo and accused him of sleeping with a 13 year old...

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

That reminds me, 69 is beefing with someone right now and he called him a pedo and accused him of sleeping with a 13 year old...

Stop hatin' on 6ix9ine man. People make mistakes,especially when they're young. Nobody is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

miocicmma wrote: »
    Stop hatin' on 6ix9ine man. People make mistakes,especially when they're young. Nobody is perfect.

If that had been your 13 year old sister or daughter I would sincerely love to have heard your opinion on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

anyone listening to romesh ranganathan's podcast 'hip hop saved my life'?

New tune from Aesop Rock called "Klutz", have yet to hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

what's with the spate of tattoo faced sh1te rappers? they're everywhere now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ATCQ Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Adrian Younge Announce Album ‘the midnight hour ‘

https://pitchfork.com/news/a-tribe-called-quests-ali-shaheed-muhammad-and-adrian-younge-announce-album-share-new-song/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

peteeeed wrote: »
    anyone listening to romesh ranganathan's podcast 'hip hop saved my life'?

Thanks for the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

evil_seed wrote: »
    what's with the spate of tattoo faced sh1te rappers? they're everywhere now

Now I know how my parents felt when they couldn't understand what ****e I'd be listening to. I feel old now :(

Harambe wrote: »
    I feel old now :(

Harambe, I thought you were dead

Jay Rock - Redemption - 15th June

33131007_10155206793480448_4235125877442084864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9a747140cc1b8b71fa4cecab708bda82&oe=5B80B021

• Advertisement

Here's the video for Aesop Rock - Klutz.

rap rap rap with no hooks. deadly.

Had not copped there was a new Jay Rock album coming out.

Nice1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

I really like what he did on the Black Panther album and the Money Trees feature on Good Kid MaaD City. Looking forward to that dropping.

I've said it here many times, his last album 90059 is f*cking brilliant top to bottom.
    The one previous to that is also a very well put together album with some deadly tracks on it.

Apparently he wasn't supposed to be on the Black Panther Soundtrack, he was in the studio finishing up this album, walked in to the studio next door where Kendrick was, heard a beat and asked to jump on the song.
    He has no idea what the song was or what it was for.
    I think he ended up doing a couple of verses in that session. He said that in an interview a couple of months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Apparently he wasn't supposed to be on the Black Panther Soundtrack, he was in the studio finishing up this album, walked in to the studio next door where Kendrick was, heard a beat and asked to jump on the song.
    He has no idea what the song was or what it was for.
    I think he ended up doing a couple of verses in that session. He said that in an interview a couple of months back.

I heard the same, think that's a class story imo :p

Anderson .Paak getting rappy on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Been searching for this song for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

agree completely BoomBap, 90059 was a great album, actually don't think I've liked any TDE album as much since it dropped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

On another note, lads, this new Pusha T album/EP, Jaysus!

On my 4th listen already, Push barely wastes any lines on here, but Kanye stole the shows, absolutely vicious production! Very RZA influenced in parts, and the bass, crazy!

Push also confirmed in an interview that the Nas album is dropping in June, 7 songs with full kanye production

Advertisement