Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hiphophead2003

miocicmma wrote: »
    Harsh bro. for the record I like the song. 6ix9ine is a bit of a knobhead but for me he's better than allot of these new wave rappers like Lil'Pump, Lil'Xan and Lil'Yaughty

Yeah, good point. He is more stomachable than the others you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Yeah, good point. He is more stomachable than the others you mentioned.

Til you read his wiki page and see what he did with a 13 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

VW 1 wrote: »
    Til you read his wiki page and see what he did with a 13 year old.

Well, yeah. That's one of the reasons why I don't like him. XXXTentacion is a woman beater and his ass isn't in jail either.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Not going to lie. I fck with that Childish Gambino track.

Why wouldn't you? He's a genius. Certainly better than 6ix9ine and Nikki Minaj anyway :pac:

• Advertisement

Harambe wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you? He's a genius. Certainly better than 6ix9ine and Nikki Minaj anyway :pac:

Well in fairness Nikki Minaj has improved recently, she's actually not that bad anymore

Well in fairness Nikki Minaj has improved recently, she's actually not that bad anymore

Did she not peak with her verse on Monster?

I only heard this one about a month ago (late to the party I know) But I love it. It's real is as fck. The writer is a true poet. In the modern hip hop culture of culture of garbage lyrics and mumble rap. It's super cool to see artists keeping shyt 100.

Cardi B really has taken over when it comes to women in hip hop. Lauren Hill was dead right years ago when she said the industry only ready for one female to be on top at a time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I only heard this one about a month ago (late to the party I know) But I love it. It's real is as fck. The writer is a true poet. In the modern hip hop culture of culture of garbage lyrics and mumble rap. It's super cool to see artists keeping shyt 100.

His album is great, well worth a listen

Pretty much lmao

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think the conversation about women in hip hop needs to change.
    It should be a conversation about who is the queen or at the top of their game, it should be about supporting them.

Rapsody is the female rapper that has impressed me most lately, her recent album is an absolute banger.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It should be a conversation about who is the queen or at the top of their game, it should be about supporting them.

Rapsody is the female rapper that has impressed me most lately, her recent album is an absolute banger.

Agree on Rapsody, first heard her on Complexion with Kendrick where she killed it lyrically, been liking her stuff since then..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Been aware of her for years, but it's only in the last couple that I think things have started to click her her....mostly down to 9th Wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I know I'm a few weeks late with this, but Nines new album Crop Circle is a real delight.

I know I'm a few weeks late with this, but Nines new album Crop Circle is a real delight.
    Is that the one produced by The Snowgoons?
    Heard one or 2 tracks which were decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

Boom_Bap wrote: »

exactly. rapsody , nitty scott , cardi b , angel haze , noname gypsy , gangsta boo , sno tha product , azealia banks , etc. are all excellent mcs with v good bodies of work and claiming either cardi or , god help us , nicki is the only femcee worth listening to atm is ignorant and p disrespectful tbh.

while were here , this new song from sno tha product feat dram is a killer tune for a sunny day ...

https://soundcloud.com/snowthaproduct/myself-feat-dram

What do you guys think of Post Malone. The dude is ballin' with 6 songs in the to 10 of the billboard hot 100.

Personally I like his music, Curious what the feeling is about him on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Awesome old school freestyle (wait past the intro).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Post Malone had a good first single but anything he's put out since is incredibly bland. The way he tells his story of just being a broke, lucky soundcloud rapper with viral success is total bollocks as well he was living with son of the guy runs the biggest label in rap.

Think he's just another of these lads like G Eazy, Macklemore or Machine Gun Kelly who are the more marketable white face of whatever the current trends in black music are.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

What do you guys think of Post Malone. The dude is ballin' with 6 songs in the to 10 of the billboard hot 100.

Personally I like his music, Curious what the feeling is about him on here?

https://twitter.com/earlxsweat/status/692132638618996737

what earl said

Enjoying the resurgence in the forum :)

Malone for me is alright, Is his music super lyrical? no but it's easy listening soft rap. I like White Iversion

Allot of people hate on 6ix9ine but I kind of like the aggressive style, reminds me a little of a DMX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Not the biggest fan of Post Malone myself tbh, he's not bad but there's rappers out there that deserve the recognition he has more than him. But that's just imo :)

New Too Short, think this is a mixtape in prep for his last album release this summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Too $hort wasn't always that lyrical, but man I think that's bad.

Anybody else like 6ix9ine? I like the raw aggressive style.

• Advertisement

Andre's after dropping 2 new songs on Soundcloud

Advertisement