Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Never really seems about the money with him but I imagine that Glover's response will dictate how it plays out. If they batten down the hatches and go full on offensive I can see him taking the gloves off and rightly so.

The world of social media seems to have moved on from it now :pac:

Here's a new track from Sim's new group with Aer Credits and Iceteps

Digging the 80's synth vibe

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I love Redman, even if it's not his greatest song ever, I still can't get enough of his voice and energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Anybody heading to Marley Park on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

miocicmma wrote: »

Anybody heading to Marley Park on Friday?

Will be there all weekend, looking forward to it

I tried listening to the recent Migos album, not for me at all.

New song from Shad, album to follow:

Loving this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Migos have a few joints but they're way too repetitive to be album artists in my book. Plus everybody has been copying them wholesale for the last 5 years which makes things a bit stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Walk it like I talk it is one of the most derivative, repetitive songs I've ever heard in my life.

52% of the words are just that "Walk it like I talk it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I tried listening to the recent Migos album, not for me at all.

New song from Shad, album to follow:

Loving this.

He's the dude that hosts Hip Hop Evolution? Shamefully, I never twigged he was an MC.

Edit: Liking that track. Listen to a playlist of his stuff now. Right up my alley.

• Jay Rock won @ BET awards

Well deserved

He's the dude that hosts Hip Hop Evolution? Shamefully, I never twigged he was an MC.

Edit: Liking that track. Listen to a playlist of his stuff now. Right up my alley.

Thats him alright. His album The Old Prince is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I don't know if I'm really interested in a new Chance album.

L'Orange and Solemn Brigham (Marlowe) is an amazing album.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    L'Orange and Solemn Brigham (Marlowe) is an amazing album.

Agreed.

tossy wrote: »
    Agreed.

I think what makes it so special is that there are only 3 songs over the 3 minute mark.
    There is no formula to a song, each song sounds different but has a place.
    Soleman has a tremendous flow.
    L'Orange has evolved his beats from his last project.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 brady099

Tyga Feat. Offset - 'Taste' :heart:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Chance the rapper released 4 new Songs last night they are on Spotify or http://chanceraps.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭VW 1

Seem to have Redemption on repeat for the last while, between that and KOD I think we have the two albums of the year so far.

That said, Pusha T and Kids See Ghosts are also really good. After 3-4 listens of Kanye's album I haven't relistened to it.

Need to revisit NAS' album, apart from a few spins the first week I haven't gone back to it.

Is the Jay-Z album worth going to the bother of getting, haven't got a tidal sub so will have to buy it?

Redemption is great, it's growing with every listen as well.
    Not sure about the Jay/Bey EP, haven't bothered with it after the first single as I think it's going to be just like Watch The Throne where they are taking the sound of now and making songs with it, rather that being a creative force.

Supreme Blientele from Westside Gunn is well worth a listen.
    Another few that I have queued up are Freddie Gibbs, Mayhem Lauren x Muggs and Bus Driver. Going to try get through them this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭VW 1

I generally like listening to artist interviews in work as we are good to have youtube in the background with earphones, and listening to Jay Rock on one of the US radio shows gives a bit more insight into his work, his personal life and take on the songs, as well as how he feels he sits within the TDE hierarchy of artists now that Kendrick is the main player on the label.

Comes across very well imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2018/07/9th-wonder-smif-n-wessun-album/

looking forward to this - 9th wonder and SmifNWessun collab

• Advertisement

6ix9ine & Nicki Minaj

:rolleyes:

• Wow that's bad

He should feel bad

Wow that's bad

He should feel bad

I'm not really feeling it to be honest. And I like allot of 6ix9ine stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

New Reks is class

New video celebrating Chicago from MC Longshot and Lazerbeak

Fefe is growing on me. I'm liking the beat and Nicki's verses are fire.

• Loving that new Redman track

Would love a new album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

New Rocky x Tyler is kind of like a pisstake of obtuse word play. I don't know what people are saying in half the American rap battles these days.

Speaking of punchline rap this ones beast.

Advertisement