Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Couldn't agree more. Was nervous when I seen it was only 7 tracks long but its so tight and flows so well it's definitely quality over quantity.

Great to see Kanye behind the board as well fully for a project. Makes you remember how talented he is that side of the booth too.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

yes ! it is some piece of work . only 7 songs but each one excellent. also his lines on infrared referencing drake's ghostwriting go p hard . "It was written like Nas but it came from Quentin" is an 'ooooooooh sh1t son !' line if ever there was one.

and in an absolutely brilliant turn of events drake has responded within a day :

https://soundcloud.com/octobersveryown/duppy-freestyle#t=0:00

ivhave no comment on it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

New Pusha T is excellent, gives me high hopes for the new Kanye and Nas projects. Real rap is comimg back! I think we're in for a good summer.

weemcd wrote: »
    New Pusha T is excellent, gives me high hopes for the new Kanye and Nas projects. Real rap is comimg back! I think we're in for a good summer.

Is it Apple Store only?
    I can't find it on 7digital.
    Can you download with Spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭VW 1

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can you download with Spotify?

Its on there, and you can download it to play offline once subscribed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

It never went away - there has always been good stuff to be found.

That Pusha T album is really good, pushing KOD for album of the year so far for me. Nice features from rick ross and kanye too.

Lots more to look forward to as well in the next month to six weeks with Kanye and Nas and Jay Rock.

Presume we wont be scheduled to get anything from Kendrick this year with him having done the black panther album and all the touring?

Loving the new Pusha T

Also, that Childish Gambino video has now hit 200 million on YouTube!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

new asap rocky album is pretty decent on first listen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Been listening to these guys lately.I like them. This song starts at 1:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

not that familiar with the artists but its an extreme step to take

http://clashmusic.com/news/youtube-is-deleting-videos-by-drill-artists

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Stop what yiz are doing and listen to this

https://lorange360.bandcamp.com/track/demonstration

Pusha T going IN on Drake today. Be interesting to see how he responds.

Heading for a big sumner, I'm sure this does wonders for the numbers but I dunno how long Drake can keep this going without losing face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jimdollard313

Pusha T going IN on Drake today. Be interesting to see how he responds.

Heading for a big sumner, I'm sure this does wonders for the numbers but I dunno how long Drake can keep this going without losing face.

on the grander scale i don't think its going to hurt drake - he's too big of an artist. but within the rap community he's on the ropes.

really interested to see how he'll respond, push got him good

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's not going to hurt either of them :)

I'm sure that the majority of Drake's listener-ship hasn't even heard of Pusha T :)

Just got an email

New Run the Jewels Mixtape available! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

New EP from Black Thought and 9th Wonder "streams of thought" released today, pretty solid. 9th has fairly evolved his sound latter years.

new kanye 'ye' is out (kinda)

• Advertisement

New Ye, Black Thought and Run the Jewels in a day?

I've said it before, this is gonna be a hot summer.

peteeeed wrote: »
    new kanye 'ye' is out (kinda)

Absolute quality on first listen, production is so smooth, might be going a bit far but potentially one of his best albums for me. Looking forward to sticking this one on repeat and getting into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Loving the new Ye, after the first listen I think it's fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Gave the Kanye album a listen, the intro being a track were he's talking to himself about himself is seriously clever and pretty haunting, he deserves to be applauded for speaking on mental health issues in that way; definitely different to what I expected

It’s really really good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Haven't listened yet but I hope this track helps other people living with the stigma of KARC (Kanye Album Release Cycle-ism).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jimdollard313

really like the new ye too, still prefer new pusha album atm tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

It's completely fine. Not amazing, not trash just fine. Production is great, the features it has are well placed. The lyrics are letting it down but then you don't come to a Ye project for bars. It's just not as watertight as Daytona was. That album i listen through fully nearly everytime because there isn't a second wasted on it. With ye I get through the first three tracks and it kinda sags with Wouldn't Leave, picks up again with No Mistakes and Ghost Town and sorta ends flat with Violent Crimes.

It's by no means a bad album and Kanye is one of the very few artists to put out (IMO) 8 albums and have none of them be less than good. But it's definitely in the lower half of his discography and not one I can see myself revisiting 12 months from now.

I see Daz popping shots at Kanye :P

• Advertisement

New Kanye is a bit of an oddity, it's so short that it barely qualifies as an album which may be to its advantage as it seems to be all killer no filler though I would be interested in seeing if he will tweak it after release as he did Pablo.

The production is second to know, say what you will about the man but he is in a league of his own when it comes to finding and using samples. Nothing in some time has come close to sounding so good and I have high expectations for the Kid Cudi split and the NAS album he produced.

Advertisement