Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

It said in the letter across identified regions. It will be interesting to see if it's anywhere other than Tallaght.

wedger wrote: »
    Think all training is carried out at training center in Tallaght. Never heard of any other training center

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanky89

Has anyone had their vetting come back with any convictions you weren't aware of on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭wedger

Holy crap.... bad enough this whole process dragging out so long only to also find out you’re a criminal unbeknownst to yourself too...!!!

Haven’t heard a ducky bird in ages. Don’t know where I am in the process or where the process is for that matter

Driving fines in court, never ever asked to go to that court no correspondence so i dunno what to do, they didnt gimme the boot just asked why i didn't declare the conviction but i didn't know i had them or that a driving offence was a conviction

Tanky89 wrote: »
    Driving fines in court, never ever asked to go to that court no correspondence so i dunno what to do, they didnt gimme the boot just asked why i didn't declare the conviction but i didn't know i had them or that a driving offence was a conviction

Wouldn’t know how to answer that one? Guess it depends on the conviction- what were the driving fines for? Did you receive any summons for court? Was there a change of address along the way that might have meant fines/summons may have gone to old address???

• Advertisement

No man like i got pulled for apparently driving while on the phone(bs) but my paper licence was damaged and i had already applied for my plastic one, but the garda went to town on me. Two weeks later sold the bmw and bought an alfa and immediately got two penalty points for speeding, sent the form away but it arrived on day 29 not 28 so they didnt take payment, i didn't realise until they gave a summons, went to court paid fine etc. I had gotten a letter for court in navan for the phone charge for the same date as the drogheda charge but then a cancellation to reschedule but no date provided and never heard anymore from then on.

Until now that is, i never paid the 200 fine the vetting says i got nor was i sent a letter to pay it

No man like i got pulled for apparently driving while on the phone(bs) but my paper licence was damaged and i had already applied for my plastic one, but the garda went to town on me. Two weeks later sold the bmw and bought an alfa and immediately got two penalty points for speeding, sent the form away but it arrived on day 29 not 28 so they didnt take payment, i didn't realise until they gave a summons, went to court paid fine etc. I had gotten a letter for court in navan for the phone charge for the same date as the drogheda charge but then a cancellation to reschedule but no date provided and never heard anymore from then on.

Until now that is, i never paid the 200 fine the vetting says i got nor was i sent a letter to pay it

So what’s story now? Is your place on the panel affected? Did they come back to you with any response? Where were you on the panel?

My training start date is effected. They required a letter delivered by tomorrow explaining the non disclosure. I think they are more concerned as to why i didn't disclose it. I rang the liaison today and she has said i will find out before the weekend so tomorrow i assume. She said it has happened in the past where people did not realise they had convictions or that something minor could be an offence.
    Whats worse is the effect this has on my insurance etc. I have to track down a reason i wasnt sent a letter for the court date, or the fine or why i was not put on notice that I had one.

Fingers are crossed. I was 43, alot seem to have dropped out based on location.

My training start date is effected. They required a letter delivered by tomorrow explaining the non disclosure. I think they are more concerned as to why i didn't disclose it. I rang the liaison today and she has said i will find out before the weekend so tomorrow i assume. She said it has happened in the past where people did not realise they had convictions or that something minor could be an offence.
    Whats worse is the effect this has on my insurance etc. I have to track down a reason i wasnt sent a letter for the court date, or the fine or why i was not put on notice that I had one.

Fingers are crossed. I was 43, alot seem to have dropped out based on location.

At least they are sensible on seeing that what happened was a mistake/oversight and not all on your part.
    Were you given an offer? Did they give you a location when they made the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭puntypower

Got the offer through today, 18 month fixed contract and 12 months is the probationary period and they can moved ya where they like. I'm not going to take it.

• Advertisement

puntypower wrote: »
    Got the offer through today, 18 month fixed contract and 12 months is the probationary period and they can moved ya where they like. I'm not going to take it.

How far from your home punty were they sending you???
    Looks like the whole thing is a joke indeed...

I'm stilp answering questions regarding the driving offences. I'm very tempted to just tell them to go swivel if its just an 18 month fixed term contract its not worth the hassle

I'm stilp answering questions regarding the driving offences. I'm very tempted to just tell them to go swivel if its just an 18 month fixed term contract its not worth the hassle

Probably easier to get a job at Fort Knox!!! This 18 month contract is a bit crap. Wonder if there is any chance of being retained after the 18 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

wedger wrote:
    Probably easier to get a job at Fort Knox!!! This 18 month contract is a bit crap. Wonder if there is any chance of being retained after the 18 months?

Very little incentive to give up a permanent job in favour of this carry on.

It says they will let you know where you'll be working after the 7 weeks training. I got a place 20 mins away but to leave a job and do the training and then be told you could be somewhere else isn't on. Also the training is starting in November now not September

Well any more advances ? Anybody else given an offer?
    @Tanky how are you getting on? Did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 __teenie__

Beat102.103- The latest figures also show that there are 98 testers nationwide. Ten have retired so far this year with two more to retire by year end.

Only four new testers have been recruited since June.

https://www.beat102103.com/news/83000-learners-waiting-for-driving-test-with-45000-waiting-for-appointment/

Said it a hundred times already. I have never seen such a drawn out slow moving process

Well any more news here? Anybody else get a call up? Anyone gone through the process of training?
    I’m hoping that the numbers are well up at this stage and I’ll get a call soon.
    Tanky how did you get on? Did you manage to sort things your end?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sounds like a fiasco at this stage.

• Advertisement

wedger wrote: »
    Well any more news here? Anybody else get a call up? Anyone gone through the process of training?
    I’m hoping that the numbers are well up at this stage and I’ll get a call soon.
    Tanky how did you get on? Did you manage to sort things your end?

Training starting 5 November in Limerick

puntypower wrote: »
    Training starting 5 November in Limerick

Well done punty and best of luck... keep us posted on how you’re getting on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

How many people actually got appointed for a finish?

How many people actually got appointed for a finish?

Got called for medical and filled vetting form but heard nothing back.
    Has anyone actually finished the process and working now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Milkman69

Question for Colmwills, did you accept the job offer ?.....or like me were you compeled to decline.

Milkman69 wrote: »
    Question for Colmwills, did you accept the job offer ?.....or like me were you compeled to decline.

Got an offer but when you read into the contract you can see that there probably won’t be any chance of being kept on. In fact it said that the contract could be terminated by either side at any time... that just nailed it for me.
    It was a very long drawn out process. If I had known the fine details I wouldn’t have gone as far as I did. Used up a lot of valuable days off work along with the expense of travelling for interviews musicals etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

My mate declined the offer in the end as well.18 month-24 month contract.Not worth the risk.Quite a few ADI's have taken positions.I suppose they always have that to fall back on,where as others may regret leaving their current jobs elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Milkman69

At this stage it appears that at least one in every four have refused an offer.
    Many due to locations that entailed renting away from home and trying to pay a mortgage aswell and others due to the uncertainty of a short term contract with no security or long term prospect. Such a pity......would have loved a shot at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fi18

Hi, has anyone been called up since? Any tips on the interview? I’ve one next week in mullingar x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Cork1297

Fi18 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone been called up since? Any tips on the interview? I’ve one next week in mullingar x

Yes. I have been called for Tuesday. Good luck.

Advertisement