Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Tester Recruitment Campaign 2017 – 2018 (closing - 5.30pm Friday 5th January)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

How long does vetting take, roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanky89

No idea, anyone else here already through the vetting, the email gives an email to respond to, however the vetting form says it must not be a photocopy and has to be filled out in ballpoint pen 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Tanky89 wrote: »
    No idea, anyone else here already through the vetting, the email gives an email to respond to, however the vetting form says it must not be a photocopy and has to be filled out in ballpoint pen 🙄

I printed the form filled it out then scanned it in. That isn't the vetting either that is you submitting an application to be vetted for the role.

Yeah, I did the same thing. It usually takes around 6 weeks I'd say. I presume if all is fine you will go for a medical if you have been offered a role?
    IP freely wrote: »
    I printed the form filled it out then scanned it in. That isn't the vetting either that is you submitting an application to be vetted for the role.

• Advertisement

Anyine filling out the vetting for what do you put in the 'your reference' box and the 'name of organisation' boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aka_alex

Anyone been offered a job from the original panel lately?

aka_alex wrote: »
    Anyone been offered a job from the original panel lately?

Yep just today.

Yep just today.

Today

Got mine too, 3 hours from home, ye any closer??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Mate of mine living in Dublin was offered Cork City.He was willing to take any Dublin centre or Navan.Shame really after all the effort he put in.

magentis wrote: »
    Mate of mine living in Dublin was offered Cork City.He was willing to take any Dublin centre or Navan.Shame really after all the effort he put in.

It's crazy really, just seems to be a lottery as to where the posts are offered. I take it he didn't take cork then.

Got mine too, 3 hours from home, ye any closer??

Got lucky im about 35 mins up the m1

Tanky89 wrote: »
    Got lucky im about 35 mins up the m1

That's great, well done, you were lucky.

It's crazy really, just seems to be a lottery as to where the posts are offered. I take it he didn't take cork then.

He is undecided.He reckons there is probably someone in Cork offered Dublin or Meath,haha!!!

magentis wrote: »
    He is undecided.He reckons there is probably someone in Cork offered Dublin or Meath,haha!!!

Could be. Did he contact RSA about it??

Does anyone have any holidays booked?

Could be. Did he contact RSA about it??

He is very put off by the maximum 24 month contract bit too.He will likely leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭wedger

Well doneTanky best of luck.
    Anyone any idea what number they are at now? Or how many have been selected?

Ridiculous carry on sending people all over the country like that. This should have been done a a regional offer basis where you name a region and you are considered for any vacancy within that region.
    Asking people to travel hundreds of miles to and from work is a bloody joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anysavage

wedger wrote: »
    Well doneTanky best of luck.
    Anyone any idea what number they are at now? Or how many have been selected?

Ridiculous carry on sending people all over the country like that. This should have been done a a regional offer basis where you name a region and you are considered for any vacancy within that region.
    Asking people to travel hundreds of miles to and from work is a bloody joke.

Sounds like the head of the HR Dept of RSA has missed the day his tutors covered common sense and value for money when recruiting Nationwide. Why on Earth the distribution madness?

Can anyone tell me what number has now been trained and given area to cover,. How many is in current training and what number on the panel are they up to regards training. Are they after jumping numbers because I know someone on no 20 and no call up yet! TIA people. Best of luck to those on their asses with iPad in hand, those with 2 heavy breathers by their sides currently and those ready and waiting (day by day) for the nod!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 colmwills

Hey Guys.

I have been following the thread here over the last few weeks, like the rest of you waiting and hoping for some kind of good news, I was hoping that the offer wouldn't be to far and was preparing myself for a bit of travelling. I am number 50 on the panel and I got an offer yesterday. I live on the Sligo / Donegal border and I was offered Newcastle West!! Limerick not far from Kerry, its an 8 hour round trip without traffic. It is a disgrace that someone somewhere can't take charge of this. Look I'm not saying I want to be placed at home and I am willing to travel but this is crazy.

I emailed the RSA and got this reply.

At present there is no option for change of location. If other candidates come back to us to say their areas is unsuitable we will look at this again.

colmwills wrote: »
    Hey Guys.

I have been following the thread here over the last few weeks, like the rest of you waiting and hoping for some kind of good news, I was hoping that the offer wouldn't be to far and was preparing myself for a bit of travelling. I am number 50 on the panel and I got an offer yesterday. I live on the Sligo / Donegal border and I was offered Newcastle West!! Limerick not far from Kerry, its an 8 hour round trip without traffic. It is a disgrace that someone somewhere can't take charge of this. Look I'm not saying I want to be placed at home and I am willing to travel but this is crazy.

I emailed the RSA and got this reply.

At present there is no option for change of location. If other candidates come back to us to say their areas is unsuitable we will look at this again.

I emailed them also and got the exact same reply. I was also told that if I efused the post that my name would be removed from the panel.

Someone really needs to look at this, it is crazy to put people through the whole process of getting on the panel only to be offered a post that is a six or eight hour round trip from home. Other public and civil departments offer posts by the region selected by applicant at application stage, why can't the RSA do this.

Are they moving through the numbers quickly or are they picking people at random? They seemed to have jumped up the numbers pretty quickly mind you that’s probably because of the ridiculous offers to post people incommutable distances from their homes.

I’d be asking what is their policy on offer placement? Is it on an ad hoc basis or is there some system to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 colmwills

Ya totally agree, its a crazy system, they are destroying the panel that they have built up over last few months, you have the top 100 heads from a couple of thousand, use them wisely. They are offering people positions in places that between accommodation and travel costs, you won't have any wages left, not to mention in my case I'd have 1 day at home a week. I'm sure like a lot of other people you never thought you'd even consider turning it down but its looking like it. UNBELIEVABLE SYSTEM

Well any more word of offers? Any idea why number they’re at now?

Yep just today.

IP Freely
    What do you mean by the original panel?
    I'm getting very confused now.
    The current recruitment campaign took in 400 from applicants. Do you know what number got through altogether from this 400 and what number are already trained...do you or any other thread follower know please? TIA

wedger wrote: »
    Well any more word of offers? Any idea why number they’re at now?

I'm wondering the same. Is the panel to be 100 and currently they are training first batch? How many have trained and are they inviting trainees in number sequence or are they training on a lotto basis? Thanks for keeping this thread going.
    Unfortunately I'm feeling that the whole process is ridiculously cumbersome for the people trying to make decisions. Thanks all.

Anysavage wrote: »
    IP Freely
    What do you mean by the original panel?
    I'm getting very confused now.
    The current recruitment campaign took in 400 from applicants. Do you know what number got through altogether from this 400 and what number are already trained...do you or any other thread follower know please? TIA

From my understanding they recruited in 2 batches, the original batch and then a second lot of recruits, if you go back a few pages you'll see people getting invites to attend assessment days, something with most of us done a long time ago.

I'm unsure if they will be tacked onto the end of the existing panel, or a completely separate panel due to the new legalisation coming into effect running though the panel quickly.

Has anyone heard anything about the location of training for the next batch going forward?

• Advertisement

Think all training is carried out at training center in Tallaght. Never heard of any other training center

Advertisement