Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The thing about the Irish who left this country in the last 200 years and went all over the world is in general:
    1: They weren't whining self righteous expectant whingers with large moralistic and religiously sensitive chips on their shoulders. They didn't look at people in the Italian, Latin, Jewish, Asian and Chinese quarters and pass moral judgement on them.
    2: They were independent and self reliant people who got on with the task in hand, cut down trees to build their cabins and expected no handouts. Everything they obtained they earned through graft.

You may review that rose tinted view. Irish were absolute scum in the USA and criminals in Australia. It took a generation or two to integrate. In a generation from now the kids of refugees should be integrating provided we don't create ghettos like Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

He's in the Central Mental Hospital now according to the news. He needs to be helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

You may review that rose tinted view. Irish were absolute scum in the USA and criminals in Australia. It took a generation or two to integrate. In a generation from now the kids of refugees should be integrating provided we don't create ghettos like Paris.

Not in general. Most of the Irish "criminals" deported to Australia were sent there on trumped up charges like poaching for trout or wild poultry in the gentry's estates.
    There should be a national holiday for the day the British gentry were run off their Irish estates in 1921.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

ardinn wrote: »
    I was admitted to st vincents monday morning - i'm pretty sure the accused was here - in a room with 4 guards - strapped to a bed - moaning loudly, in serious pain - but not normal - Like - Like he was down syndrome, and moaning every few seconds (sorry for using that comparison but its all I could think of)

Guy looks nutterballs!!!

Why would he be in hospital? And why all the way down in dublin if he was apprehended in Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Fann Linn wrote: »
    He's in the Central Mental Hospital now according to the news. He needs to be helped.

That's what I would do if I was in his situation. Act mad. yup.
    "I am no Muslim", "I'm no gay", "F*** you".
    And he looks mid twenties too in the photos. Not 18.

• Advertisement

Chrongen wrote: »
    Why would he be in hospital? And why all the way down in dublin if he was apprehended in Dundalk?

Central mental hospital is in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Psychiatrist letter to court today saying Morei isn’t fit to attend court today and in the psychiatrist’s opinion won’t be fit to attend in 2 weeks time.

Judge remanded him in custody and adjourned case until 25 Jan and asked for an update from the doctor then.

Not in general. Most of the Irish "criminals" deported to Australia were sent there on trumped up charges like poaching for trout or wild poultry in the gentry's estates.
    There should be a national holiday for the day the British gentry were run off their Irish estates in 1921.

More revisionism... Many protestants were integrated and provided great employment and were Irish and were wrongfully kangaroo courted off their land and in some cases burnt out or murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Chrongen wrote: »

After his court case he was sent to a prison that could look after him, 24 hour suicide watch etc. I would assume. Dundalk Garda station wouldnt be a place to hold someone for more than a few days.

Why he was in hospital....God only knows.....maybe he tried to do away with himself, maybe he spoke about it.......maybe a few lads got hold of him....maybe the Gards are brainwashing him into saying he is Thomas and originally picked up from the circus........

• Registered Users Posts: 40,206 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you think a trained psychiatrist would be fooled by that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Yes I'm sure you would be well able to fool the medically trained experts in psychiatry by shouting random phrases and acting mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

optogirl wrote: »
    we have a few advantages in that regard - language & skin colour to name but two

I was going to say that but didn't want a thread ban. Elephant in room an all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,149 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Yes I'm sure you would be well able to fool the medically trained experts in psychiatry by shouting random phrases and acting mad.

To be fair that poster wouldn't have to try hard, o even try, to demonstrate that he's delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

pilly wrote: »
    You're from a backwater? That does surprise me, not. :rolleyes:

I'm from Hampstead but don't let that get in the way of your nonsense. :D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I'm from Hampstead but don't let that get in the way of your nonsense. :D

Yet you're in enniscorthy. Fecking immigrant. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

you think a trained psychiatrist would be fooled by that?

For involuntary admission in cases such as this and to the Central Mental Hospital, he would be assessed independently by at least two psychiatrists.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,206 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

For involuntary admission in cases such as this and to the Central Mental Hospital, he would be assessed independently by at least two psychiatrists.

ok then, do they think that 2 trained psychiatrists would be fooled by that? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

ok then, do they think that 2 trained psychiatrists would be fooled by that? :)

Exactement.

Wibble

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The thing about the Irish who left this country in the last 200 years and went all over the world is in general:
    1: They weren't whining self righteous expectant whingers with large moralistic and religiously sensitive chips on their shoulders. They didn't look at people in the Italian, Latin, Jewish, Asian and Chinese quarters and pass moral judgement on them.

some of them did exactly that.
    2: They were independent and self reliant people who got on with the task in hand, cut down trees to build their cabins and expected no handouts. Everything they obtained they earned through graft.

really? while i'm sure a good number of them did exactly that, a lot of them claimed the dole beyond in england.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

as if the Irish would let the Polish say they built Ireland!
    they all wear GAA jerseys and pi$$ all over the place
    You may review that rose tinted view. Irish were absolute scum in the USA and criminals in Australia.
    You really hate the Irish don't you.
    It took a generation or two to integrate. In a generation from now the kids of refugees should be integrating provided we don't create ghettos like Paris.
    Your taking an overly simplistic view of the situation.
    Just because one group integrated in the past doesn't mean that a different group will integrate in this day and age.
    Recent immigration in Europe would be a better comparison and you can see the range of issues that they are having.

Your taking an overly simplistic view of the situation.
    Just because one group integrated in the past doesn't mean that a different group will integrate in this day and age.
    Recent immigration in Europe would be a better comparison and you can see the range of issues that they are having.

I was replying to people stating that the irish have been the perfect example of integration, and I was suggesting that may be the case now but at the time they were treated like crap and it took a generation or two to integrate.

We are taking a small % of refugees in comparison to other countries and we can do it right.

My only gripe in this is why aren't America sorting this out ...they helped cause the crisis by giving false hope to the rebels and indirectly arming feckin ISIS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I was replying to people stating that the irish have been the perfect example of integration, and I was suggesting that may be the case now but at the time they were treated like crap and it took a generation or two to integrate.

We are taking a small % of refugees in comparison to other countries and we can do it right.

My only gripe in this is why aren't America sorting this out ...they helped cause the crisis by giving false hope to the rebels and indirectly arming feckin ISIS

Small amount? We have taken in 70k muslims. What country has taken in muslims and integrated them correctly. When you integrate, you enter you take on the same religion, customs and traditions. This has not worked out well in Lebanon, Syria, France, Germany Britian, Sweden, etc etc and now Ireland.

Do not confuse the two different administrations in America. The previous one started these conflicts. Very easily Russia could sort this conflict out, but the result would be very bloody and the infrastructure would be beyond the stone age when Vladimir would be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

really? while i'm sure a good number of them did exactly that, a lot of them claimed the dole beyond in england.

Is that anecdotal or have you proof of that? Britain wasn't that easy to rock up to years ago and claim the dole. Father worked there in the 60's and 70's and he told me of dossers coming over and getting a land that they had basically no entitlement to free money. Work or go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

mfceiling wrote: »
    Is that anecdotal or have you proof of that? Britain wasn't that easy to rock up to years ago and claim the dole. Father worked there in the 60's and 70's and he told me of dossers coming over and getting a land that they had basically no entitlement to free money. Work or go home.

Plenty of Irish people on benefits including housing support in the UK also availing ofcthe NHS.
    Plenty of Irish people went to the UK and worked very hard and contributed to society in a positive way, but lots too fell by the wayside and needed lots of support.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Small amount? We have taken in 70k muslims. What country has taken in muslims and integrated them correctly. When you integrate, you enter you take on the same religion, customs and traditions. This has not worked out well in Lebanon, Syria, France, Germany Britian, Sweden, etc etc and now Ireland.

Do not confuse the two different administrations in America. The previous one started these conflicts. Very easily Russia could sort this conflict out, but the result would be very bloody and the infrastructure would be beyond the stone age when Vladimir would be finished.

I’m laughing at the idea that you can’t come to Ireland unless you concert to Catholicism and start playing a tin whistle.
    Also that we “took in” 70000 “Muslims” .lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’m laughing at the idea that you can’t come to Ireland unless you concert to Catholicism and start playing a tin whistle.
    Also that we “took in” 70000 “Muslims” .lol!

That means you cant come to Ireland and expect to change the education system which works perfectly well. The Food system which was our own and now has Halal implemented. The dress code which was western and now Dr Ali Selim want hajibs and Burkas in schools.

Refugees need to settled in similar countries. God forbid if there was nuclear disaster in Sellafield, if I was lucky enough to escape I would want to be settled in a country with similar culture, religion and tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

That means you cant come to Ireland and expect to change the education system which works perfectly well. The Food system which was our own and now has Halal implemented. The dress code which was western and now Dr Ali Selim want hajibs and Burkas in schools.

Refugees need to settled in similar countries. God forbid if there was nuclear disaster in Sellafield, if I was lucky enough to escape I would want to be settled in a country with similar culture, religion and tradition.

You've a bit of a romantic notion of our education system. Or you are being purposely blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

debunking the rose tinted nonsense of how "shur the irish were all great begorra" doesn't corelate to hating the irish.

the education system is not working perfectly well. there is a religious byass and in turn a lot of sutle religious discrimination. sex education isn't enforced and there is a lot more, for a separate discussion however.
    Halal is a non-issue and there was no obligation for the government to allow for it, they did because they also believe it to be a non-issue i'm no fan of it myself, but as a meat eater i know that whichever method would be in place animals are being killed.
    Dr Ali Selim is entitled to want hijabs and Burkahs in schools, he is not entitled to get them and he is not going to get them. at least not the birqah. hijabs are definitely a non-issue whatever about the birqah, which i have no time for myself.
    if there was a nuclear disaster in Sellafield then you would need to be getting hundreds of miles away. if the disaster is big enough much of europe could potentially be effected but that's for another thread.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

Are you saying that I have to become a catholic? Are you saying that a perquisite for living in Ireland should be Catholicism?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement