Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭Odhinn

recedite wrote: »
    That's right, t(.......) citizens.

Dodged the bit about the lads who claimed asylum, I see.

It has to be said, this is the first game of "Not a True scotsman" I've seen involving the vietnamese.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    The usual leftard suspects on Facebook completely silent over this, as expected.

If it was some 'gay' muslim Palestinian got knifed in Dublin by a white cis Irishman you'd never hear the end of it.

Also, I'm friends with a few cultural marxist morons on FB, but a lot of decent people as well and after I shared the GoFundMe of the repatriation I didn't get a single like or comment on it, which is a little disturbing.

You left out "cuck" and "snowflake", thus failing the American far right buzz word test. Star for effort with gay muslim palestinian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Tiny minority, yeah right. People don't need to blow things up to be considered radical. All the statistics are from pew research.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Odhinn wrote: »
    We're doomed...doomed.

We are indeed, but that's for another thread. If there 100 times more Muslims than boat people then, statistically and as a group, Muslims are 100 times more likely to commit a crime.

We are indeed, but that's for another thread. If there 100 times more Muslims than boat people then, statistically and as a group, Muslims are 100 times more likely to commit a crime.

That's just cultural marxist maths stuff that in no way counts.

• Advertisement

That's just cultural marxist maths stuff that in no way counts.

Am I a Libtard or a Leftard so? It's hard to keep up.

A leftlibtard? Doubtless we'll be told this cannot be and is part of the war on gender.

A leftlibtard? Doubtless we'll be told this cannot be and is part of the war on gender.

True. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to clarify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

You left out "cuck" and "snowflake", thus failing the American far right buzz word test. Star for effort with gay muslim palestinian.

No "mangina", "virtue signalling/signaller" or "SJW" though.

I am very disappointed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A traitorous feminazi cultural marxist libtard sjw virtue signalling snowflake cuck?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

A traitorous feminazi cultural marxist libtard sjw virtue signalling snowflake cuck?

Or maybe just someone who needs help.

And proud of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Do the Gardai know yet who this guy is?

And proud of it.

You need a T shirt

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Or maybe just someone who needs help.

Nah. Not at all.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 29,001 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Asus X540L wrote: »
    The usual leftard suspects on Facebook completely silent over this, as expected.

If it was some 'gay' muslim Palestinian got knifed in Dublin by a white cis Irishman you'd never hear the end of it.

Also, I'm friends with a few cultural marxist morons on FB, but a lot of decent people as well and after I shared the GoFundMe of the repatriation I didn't get a single like or comment on it, which is a little disturbing.

i'm afraid nobody has any obligation to like, share or comment on your social media posts. the "leftards/libtards" were obviously busy with other stuff and hadn't time to comment or like.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

jmayo wrote: »
    And over time we have contributed greatly to the nations we emigrated to and helped build them into the states they have become.

Not any more so than emigrants from other countries. I always hear the above trotted out as a reason why Irish illegals in the US should be allowed to stay legally. And it's always been rightfully rejected. It's jingoistic nonsense to think we distinguished ourselves in this regard. We overestimate our influence. On any historical infrastructure project you can think of, there were Irish, sure. But there was also Polish, Chinese and emigrants from countless other nations. The amazingly mixed ancestries of so many American I read about and know personally shows that many, many countries were involved in the building of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Not any more so than emigrants from other countries. I always hear the above trotted out as a reason why Irish illegals in the US should be allowed to stay legally. And it's always been rightfully rejected. It's jingoistic nonsense to think we distinguished ourselves in this regard. We overestimate our influence. On any historical infrastructure project you can think of, there were Irish, sure. But there was also Polish, Chinese and emigrants from countless other nations. The amazingly mixed ancestries of so many American I read about and know personally shows that many, many countries were involved in the building of the country.

In general, the only people who think the Irish in US should have special status are govt officials, who don’t want to deal with an extra 50,000+ on the dole, looking for housing etc, people with a vested interest, or people on here trying (and failing) to use it as a straw man as to why we should be welcoming illegals with open arms (as happened earlier in the thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

When Irish people emigrate they usual blend into the existing culture but many of the 'new' Irish prefer to retain their exiting baggage/language etc. and end up in ghettoes. There are already such places in Ireland - even this little backwater has a street nicknamed by locals as 'Little Romania'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

_Dara_ wrote: »

as if the Irish would let the Polish say they built Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Del.Monte wrote: »
    When Irish people emigrate they usual blend into the existing culture but many of the 'new' Irish prefer to retain their exiting baggage/language etc. and end up in ghettoes. There are already such places in Ireland - even this little backwater has a street nicknamed by locals as 'Little Romania'.

Some do, some don't. You've Irish people in various places who don't integrate at all and spend all their time Irish pubs and Irish centres, involved in overseas GAA and so on.

You've British people living for years and years in Spain who couldn't even order a coffee in Spanish and live in communities without any contact with Spanish culture or people.

That lack of integrating isn't exclusive to any nationality or culture.

There's also a balance. You can mix having your own identity and having a new adopted identity and often the next generation is very very integrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

they all wear GAA jerseys and pi$$ all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

How crazy is it that we are one week on and still don’t know his nationality?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

we have a few advantages in that regard - language & skin colour to name but two

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

they all wear GAA jerseys and pi$$ all over the place

I wonder how many expats learn the language.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

And his court case has been adjourned as he is in the Central Mental Hospital and isnt fit to attend.

https://talkofthetown.ie/man-accused-dundalk-attacks-case-adjourned-court-hears-not-fit-attend/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Doesn't seem all that crazy. They obviously didn't take it on faith that he was telling the truth and are investigating his background. It's not like they'll be rushing to tell people what they find. It'll come out in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

When Irish people emigrate they usual blend into the existing culture ....
    ROFL. There's not so much of it now, but back in 2008 when Irish people were leaving here in droves, the relevant regional forums here were full of questions about where in London/Sydney/Ackland/Ottawa the local Irish pub or GAA club was so they could meet up with other Irish people, and what areas had significant Irish populations already. Along with incessant moaning about how the bread/tea/beer/crisps weren't the same as back home etc. etc. and where was the local "Irish shop" where they could buy some delicacies to remind them of home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

optogirl wrote: »
    we have a few advantages in that regard - language & skin colour to name but two

The thing about the Irish who left this country in the last 200 years and went all over the world is in general:
    1: They weren't whining self righteous expectant whingers with large moralistic and religiously sensitive chips on their shoulders. They didn't look at people in the Italian, Latin, Jewish, Asian and Chinese quarters and pass moral judgement on them.
    2: They were independent and self reliant people who got on with the task in hand, cut down trees to build their cabins and expected no handouts. Everything they obtained they earned through graft.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

You're from a backwater? That does surprise me, not. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement