Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Man you have a lot to learn... I'd start with perhaps talking to some Irish protestants the majority of which didn't lord over anyone.... In fact we thought you a lot
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

splinter65 wrote: »
    Plenty of Irish people on benefits including housing support in the UK also availing ofcthe NHS.
    Plenty of Irish people went to the UK and worked very hard and contributed to society in a positive way, but lots too fell by the wayside and needed lots of support.

True but how many irish landed over and got immediate access to welfare and benefits?

There was no such thing as paddy getting off the boat and being given his council house and dole. That didn't happen.

The NHS is available to everyone - taxpayer or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Check out Dr Bill Warner PhD Physics on youtube. Has a great history on the alternative History of the Crusades.

Yeah.....I've heard his cack allright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

That's a great point, it's a proven scientific fact that most immigrants add more to society than natives who wish to deny them access because of race, religion or Creed.

Comparing what immigrants with what natives? Comparing 1,500 jewish scientists that America rescued from Axis occupied counteries and which 15 went onto win Nobel prizes? Or are you refering to Palestinian refugees who entered Lebanon and caused a civil war in the "Paris of the East" or are you refering to the German after WW2 who left Europe for South American and built Textile and pharmaceutical Factories? Please clarify

Comparing what immigrants with what natives? Comparing 1,500 jewish scientists that America rescued from Axis occupied counteries and which 15 went onto win Nobel prizes? Or are you refering to Palestinian refugees who entered Lebanon and caused a civil war in the "Paris of the East" or are you refering to the German after WW2 who left Europe for South American and built Textile and pharmaceutical Factories? Please clarify

So scientists from germany went on to win nobel prizes, but a vast influx of population fleeing war caused more war in a sectarian state because of demograpgics but a german set up a few businesses in south america.

Grand, I'm glad thats clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That's a great point, it's a proven scientific fact that most immigrants add more to society than natives who wish to deny them access because of race, religion or Creed.

I'd well believe that.

What about unskilled young men with next to no grasp of English and no particular education or skill set?
    What benefits are they bringing?

From my experience in construction I've seen Polish, Lithuanian and Romanian young fellows being taken advantage of by unscrupulous employers. Fellows getting €65 for a 12 hour shift on a building site. Work colleagues with better English translating to tell these guys that they were working Saturday and Sunday, and if not then don't come back on Monday.
    Also the dangers of not speaking English - a Romanian lad taking 2 bars from a scaffold and not being able to tell us that he needed them elsewhere. The site manager had a meltdown at the breach of safety.

All well and good opening the doors to a crowd of unskilled people with no basic grasp of English. What are they going to do for employment, health care, housing, education? If they do manage to pick up some casual work (which will be unskilled), then they will be in a position where they can be taken advantage of by unscrupulous employers.

Odhinn wrote: »

Well you cant deny the blood line wasnt changed in Spain and Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

mfceiling wrote: »
    True but how many irish landed over and got immediate access to welfare and benefits?

There was no such thing as paddy getting off the boat and being given his council house and dole. That didn't happen.

The NHS is available to everyone - taxpayer or not.

The only people who came here from abroad in the last 15 years and got benefits and were housed, were refugees who were invited to come as part of the Refugee Programme.
    If we invited them to come, then we couldn’t bring them from a refugee camp in the Lebanon and then tell them to fend for themselves.
    Everyone else who lands here (including returning Irish) has to undergo the HRC if they want benefits, unless they were gone such a short period of time that they remain entitled to PRSI based entitlements.
    I can confidently say 15 years because that’s the length of time I’m working in this field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The absolute state of the posts in here.
    It’s like some sort of chimp, sh*t flinging fight.

Really? here is a link to it, what is wrong with it? I always think that Physics shows a higher understanding. Watch again I find it fascinating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just in relation to what this thread is about.

over a week now and still no idea from where he is from still? Along with that Terriost lad that had connections in Limerick that killed people in London and also that chap funding money in Waterford shows that warning signs are there.

It's only going get worse and really Europe needs to just get a slap and wake up. I will be waiting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Really? here is a link to it, what is wrong with it? I always think that Physics shows a higher understanding. Watch again I find it fascinating

Mad as a Box of Frogs...

And the Romans did not speak Roman.
    If he can't even get that right.....

Well you cant deny the blood line wasnt changed in Spain and Italy.

......and this matters a shite because....? Rassenchande?
    I always think that Physics shows a higher understanding.

It does. Of physics.

over a week now and still no idea from where he is from still? Along with that Terriost lad that had connections in Limerick that killed people in London and also that chap funding money in Waterford shows that warning signs are there.

It's only going get worse and really Europe needs to just get a slap and wake up. I will be waiting though.

No sign hes a terrorist, a fair few he's nut.

Check out Dr Bill Warner PhD Physics on youtube. Has a great history on the alternative History of the Crusades.

What does a PhD in Physics have to do with a deep knowledge of history. Does he speak Latin or Arabic that would allow him to read the original texts written during the periods of time that he himself writes about.

Listen there's a guy called Richard D. Fuerle who wrote this revisionist Anthropological tome called "Erectus Walks Amongst Us." Basically he tries to disprove the Out of Africa Theory of evolution. His view is that Black people are not Homo Sapiens but the less developed Homo Erectus.

Pure bull****.

Completely at odds with any modern anthropological studies by experts that have spent decades studying the subject and have PhDs and Post-Docs in it. And have lectured globally at academic conferences and have produced peer reviewed research.

But Fuerle has degrees in maths (BS), law (JD), economics. (MA), physics (BA), and chemistry (BA).

So I guess that means we should take him seriously? All those qualifications and all. But no qualifications in the subject he writes about.

......and this matters a shite because....? Rassenchande?

It does. Of physics.

No it also demonstrates a knowledge of Chemistry and maths as well. Really doesnt everything usually boil down to maths? So someone who devotes his live to science cannot have any other interests? You wouldnt call Leonardo Da Vinci a multi talented man? Bill Warner has had a few books published. Three books published?

Listen there's a guy called Richard D. Fuerle who wrote this revisionist Anthropological tome called "Erectus Walks Amongst Us." Basically he tries to disprove the Out of Africa Theory of evolution. His view is that Black people are not Homo Sapiens but the less developed Homo Erectus.

But Fuerle has degrees in maths (BS), law (JD), economics. (MA), physics (BA), and chemistry (BA).

So I guess that means we should take him seriously? All those qualifications and all. But no qualifications in the subject he writes about.

I like the sound of this guy thanks for the lead. I am off to the library to see if he has any books in the library system

I like the sound of this guy thanks for the lead. I am off to the library to see if he has any books in the library system

a790e5b9c7429549fbb601c8b4b9fb72.gif

Mad as a Box of Frogs...

And the Romans did not speak Roman.
    If he can't even get that right.....

Uses the phd in an unrelated subject to do a bit of the aul hit mongering - theres a few like him. North Africa was never European. Classical civilisation dies with the Western Roman Empire before Mohammed was born by about 100 years or so, offhand. He's conflating a vast number of events with regards middle eastern empires as well. Selective on atrocities, expansionism and holy wars. Sutee predates islam by about 1000 years. Not all Arabs were herdsmen. Just for starters like.

No it also demonstrates a knowledge of Chemistry and maths as well. Really doesnt everything usually boil down to maths? So someone who devotes his live to science cannot have any other interests? You wouldnt call Leonardo Da Vinci a multi talented man? Bill Warner has had a few books published. Three books published?

All rants about 'Is-lawm', as he might put it. He's a fruit and nut. Utterly wrong about various dates, linkage of events, causes, forces and so on.

Rassenchande it is then so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

8f6.gif

I don't know and don't care.

You stick to 'Mad' Bill Warner to learn about The Crusades, I'll stick to experts in the field like Tyerman, Runciman, Asbridge, Jonathan Phillips et al.

I never said he was. I'm saying we have quite a amount to now cope with. we have many living without correct documents and nut jobs being as close to Invisible as you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

are they mutually exclusive now?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,920 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What? You are waiting for a terrorist attack on Ireland?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

He’s waiting for Europe to get a slap and wake up. Where are you getting that from?

lol

not first time you taken post totally out of context.

next time you reply to a post of mine fast, read it first

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Just because this murderer is being held in the Central Mental Hospital proves nothing - in fact he's probably in there under the advice of his solicitor/lawyer. Checking into a mental institution is a time honoured way of avoiding the rigours of the law in Ireland.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Just because this murderer is being held in the Central Mental Hospital proves nothing - in fact he's probably in there under the advice of his solicitor/lawyer. Checking into a mental institution is a time honoured way of avoiding the rigours of the law in Ireland.

Agree

But you surprised how many will think this is Mental Health issues though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Can a solicitor do that? Or are you making stuff up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement