Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Options
1606162636466»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭muppetshow1451

Grayson wrote: »
    That's not racist at all. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure you would forget about racism when a fellow runs towards you with a knife shouting alluah akbar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 mcfitness20

I am pretty sure you would forget about racism when a fellow runs towards you with a knife shouting alluah akbar.

well we were told it would never happen here
    and according to Rte and the Gardat hasn't happened here

well we were told it would never happen here
    and according to Rte and the Gardat hasn't happened here

You know one of the terrorists on London bridge had lived in Ireland?

You know one of the terrorists on London bridge had lived in Ireland?
    it doesn't matter
    it doesn't matter

it doesn't matter
    it doesn't matter
    Nope it doesnt matter when terrorists kills people in cold blood,i know.
    And it doesnt matter where they come from,what religion they are,what motiv they have or where they have lived before.
    All that matters is to pretend it never happend and hope it doesnt happend again.

• Advertisement

Nope it doesnt matter when terrorists kills people in cold blood,i know.
    And it doesnt matter where they come from,what religion they are,what motiv they have or where they have lived before.
    All that matters is to pretend it never happend and hope it doesnt happend again.
    you should apply for a job as a journalist at rte

you should apply for a job as a journalist at rte

I dont think i will fit in with their political agenda.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Grayson wrote: »
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who do that. I don't. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone as evidence driven as me.
    hell, the only reason I went back to university was to study philosophy and maths so that I'd be better at critical thinking.

It's the reason why i keep getting annoyed at people misusing inductive reasoning.

I have seen a Christian apologist use inductive reasoning to prove that God exists.

The problem of course is that in his reasoning he didn't prove by inductive reasoning that the premise was true, therefore if it's false the conclusion he made was not necessarily true.

I really don't think that because one understands philosophical or mathematical reasoning that that means that in all cases the person that does could be thought automatically right in all their opinions. Biases, prejudices, views etc, all need to be included in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

So I was reading this sad news at mcdonalds on some irish newspapers last week, two pages. No information about the killer, just that was a "teenager". Arrived home and checked online on 3 links of different newspapers, and the killer was on these 3 different news a "teenager" and a "young man". Then I clicked on an english newspapers the DM and there was: egyptian muslim refugee and asylum seeker, who is "mentally ill". So basically a foreigner media had more information than the national media, it is strange, my opinion is that they were trying to cover that the attacker was muslim. How a newspaper is allowded to give only the information they want and hide the others? Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Das Reich wrote: »
    So I was reading this sad news at mcdonalds on some irish newspapers last week, two pages. No information about the killer, just that was a "teenager". Arrived home and checked online on 3 links of different newspapers, and the killer was on these 3 different news a "teenager" and a "young man". Then I clicked on an english newspapers the DM and there was: egyptian muslim refugee and asylum seeker, who is "mentally ill". So basically a foreigner media had more information than the national media, it is strange, my opinion is that they were trying to cover that the attacker was muslim. How a newspaper is allowded to give only the information they want and hide the others? Disgusting.

the daily mail is a rag that could have guessed the vague info you read.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement